Windows 10 is the latest OS of Windows with many advanced features like playing audio in the highest quality, like 320kbps. Also, there is a lot of software that is available on Windows 10 that can record audio. They are helpful whenever you want to capture a live podcast, online songs, music videos and save it to your computer to listen to them while offline. However, not all sound recorder Windows 10 can be used easily. Some of these tools have complicated steps before you can start audio recording. Luckily, we optimized this post to find the best app to record audio on Windows 10 below.
Record Audio on Windows 10 with Windows Voice Recorder
System OS: Windows only.
Extra tip: You can a marker before you start audio recording to know the clip's start and end time.
Windows Voice Recorder is the built-in free audio recording software for Windows 10 that can help you capture sound easily. You can start recording while putting this app in the background. It can record sound from movies, games, Spotify, podcasts, and more. Another good thing about this tool is you can listen to the recorded audio directly on its sound player. To know how to use this tool, you can check the steps below.
- First, open the "Start" menu and type the name Windows Voice Recorder to open the app.
- Next, click the "Mic" icon at the middle part of the tool.
- Once done, click the "Stop" button at the center part of the recording window.
- It will then show you all the audio recordings you made. You can select the audio and click the "Play" button to listen to it.
Record Sound on Windows 10 with Music Recorder
System OS: Windows and Mac.
Price: $29.95 for its 1-year PRO license.
Extra tip: This tool has a Radio channel that can play different music genres.
Another tool that can record system audio Windows 10 is the AceThinker Music Recorder. This tool can capture any audio coming from your system sound, microphone, or both. It also has a library where you can store all the recordings you made by order. Aside from that, this tool has a built-in search browser where you can type the song's title and download it to your computer. You can also choose an audio file from your computer and turn it into text. To know more about this tool, you can follow the steps below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Install the Music Recorder
First of all, you may click one of the "Download" buttons above to get the AceThinker Music Recorder installer. Then, launch it and follow the steps on installing the tool to your computer. Once done, open the app to get used to its main interface.
Step 2 Configure the audio recording settings
Next, click the "Gear" icon at the upper right of the tool to go to its settings. From there, you can select your preferred hotkeys, audio format, output folder, and more. Then, click the "OK" button to apply the settings.
Step 3 Start audio recording
After that, click the "Record" button at the rightmost part of the tool to start audio recording. While playing any audio from your system sound, it will capture it from the background. You can then pause and resume the recording if you like.
Step 4 Listen to the recorded audio
Once done, click the "Stop" button to end the recording process. A preview window will pop up and lets you listen to your recording. To save it on your device, click the save button.
Record Computer Audio on Windows 10 Using Audacity
System OS: Windows and Mac.
Extra tip: You can add a segment of audio clips to enhance the recorded clip better.
Audacity is a third-party Windows 10 streaming audio recorder that can help you record audio on your PC quickly. This free and open-source audio recording app is famous for recording podcasts, narration, background music, and more. Another good thing about this tool is you can cut the unwanted part of the audio before saving it to your computer. You can also choose the start and end times of the sound clip according to your liking. On the other hand, we will list the simple steps to use the Audacity record computer audio Windows 10.
- You can get the installer of the Audacity by going to this link.
- Once installed, click the drop-down button and choose "Windows WASAPI" and the audio input and output source.
- Then, click the "Record" icon at the top of the tool to record voice Windows 10.
- Once done, click the "Stop" button to end the recording. You can then click the "Play" button to listen to the recorded audio.
Record MP3 in Windows 10 with Free Online Audio Recorder
System OS: Windows and Mac.
Extra tip: This online app has an Identify ID3 to automatically get the title, artist, album, etc., of the song you recorded.
The last MP3 recorder Windows 10, is the AceThinker Online Audio Recorder. It is an online app that you can use to capture audio from system sound or microphone. It is perfect for recording online music quickly. Aside from that, you can edit the ID3 of the song you recorded and add its title, artist, album, etc. It also has a built-in audio player to listen to the recorded audio directly on the tool. You can find the steps that we listed below.
- First of all, go to AceThinker Online Audio Recorder's official website and click the "Start Recording" to open the recording window.
- Next, click the "Record" button while playing music to start the audio recording for this voice recorder Windows 10 tool.
- Once done, click the "Stop" button to end the recording process.
- You can find the recordings by clicking the three-lateral bar at the right corner part of the tool. You can then listen to the audio from there.