Roku is a streaming service that allows users to stream various devices on larger screens. In general, it is just like Chromecast, but more cost-efficient at that. Roku supports the majority of Android devices and works perfectly at that. However, Mac users don't enjoy this service as it is not yet available. That is why you are here because you are looking for a way to mirror your Mac to Roku, right? Then look no further as we will provide you some ways to do so.
You can use AceThinker Mirror if you want to mirror your iPhone to Roku. This tool offers a fantastic viewing experience on a bigger screen. AceThinker Mirror can be used to reflect documents, presentations, and play games on a larger screen. This tool is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems. Its mirroring function is so strong that you would not need to deal with cables and stream the phone screen to a different device wirelessly. One unique service of the software is that it allows users to control the interface of an Android device using a computer. Follow the steps below to learn how you can mirror your iPhone to Roku with AceThinker Mirror.
Step 1 Download and Install the Software
To start, click the "Download" button above according to the platform of your computer. Run the installer and follow the setup guide to install. Afterward, launch the app to access the main interface of the tool.
Try it for Free
Step 2 Download and Install the Software
Next, plug Roku media player to the Smart TV and make sure that your Mac device and Roku is connected to the same Wifi-Network. Then, from the tool's main interface, go to the "TV" tab to search the available devices to mirror Mac Screen.
Step 3 Start Screen Mirroring
Click the "Roku Device" appears on the "TV" tab to start connecting. Once connected, you can now enjoy streaming your favorite movies from different video sharing platform using your Mac device to a larger screen via Roku
Another solution that can stream Macbook to Roku is Plex. This streaming platform allows users to have access to every media file from your phone and project it to the Roku. Additionally, it can stream videos in Ultra HD or 4K quality on a supported device. Moreover, it supports almost all formats for audio and video files. Aside from a Mac device, it can also cast the display of smartphones, tablets, and PC without any hassle. Also, it can record free HD broadcast channels and save them directly to the local library to watch them offline. Check the steps below to learn more about this tool.
- On the Roku device, access the channel store to download and install Plex. Next, get your Mac device to download and install the Plex Media Server. Launch it afterward.
- After that, set up Plex using your Mac. From here, you have to input some information like the "Mac name" and the "Media Library." Click "Done" to save the changes.
- Now on the Roku device, launch Plex then select "Discover Servers." Let it detect the Macbook for a while. Once detected, it will be connected to the Mac automatically. Now, the Mac screen will display to the Roku.
To look at another fantastic app for Mac devices to broadcast different multimedia files like videos, photos, and music to a larger screen like TV without using any cables is Mirror for Roku - AirBeam TV. Furthermore, it allows users to mirror your Mac devices to different Smart TV brands like Sony, Panasonic, and Samsung. In addition to this app, it is available for different platforms such as Windows, Mac, Chromebook, and more. AirBeam TV is a composed user-friendly interface that can help users to mirror or screencast quickly. Aside from movie streaming, this app allows you to do other purposes like mirroring business presentations, video tutorials, game streaming, and more.
- First, download and install the Mirror for Roku - AirBeam TV app from the App Store. After downloading the app, go to its official website and click "Download the audio driver" to mirror with its system sound.
- Next, launch the tool to access the main interface of the app. And configure the app by clicking the dropdown menu to select a media source to mirror and to enhance the quality of screencasting.
- With your Smart TV, select the "Add Channel" button to add the AirBeam TV app as a channel to your SmartTV.
- Once done, go back to the app and click the "Start Mirroring" button to start the screencasting successfully.
The methods above will help you mirror your Mac to Roku. You can count on these methods if you find it difficult to look for applications that will allow you to mirror your Mac to Roku TV. You can now connect your Mac PC and Roku following any of the methods listed above and enjoy a better viewing experience on a larger screen.