Over the past few years, different models of iPods have been released on the market. Some differ in size and other specifications, but all in all, they are still powerful enough to support heavy mobile games. With their size being just right, they prove perfect for gaming as they are not too large and not too small. There are a lot of games compatible with the iPad, and all are great games on their own. When playing a game, most people would want to record their games and watch them later. The reasons vary with the player when they record their games, but one thing is sure, they need a reliable recording tool. Continue reading to learn about the tools you can use to record iPad gameplays.
AceThinker Mirror - Best iPad Gameplay Recorder
AceThinker Mirror is a screen mirroring tool that works on Windows and Mac. It supports screen-casting, recording with audio, and even directly uploading on social media. The screen recording function can capture high-quality video of the mirrored iOS screen, which is great for Gameplay. It also captures the audio from the Gameplay to make the experience more wholesome, which is a great factor. Aside from videos, the tool also has a screenshot feature that can capture images while the iOS is mirrored. It is also possible to edit the video or the screenshot with the built-in editor of the tool. This is useful for gameplay videos with commentaries and instructions that can be uploaded online. Playing games can also be a great experience because of the full-screen option available from iOS Mirror. All these exciting features make this tool worth every penny. To learn how to use iOS Mirror, follow the steps below.
Step 1 Install AceThinker Mirror on PC
Get the installer of AceThinker Mirror by clicking one of the buttons below. After downloading the installer, launch it on the PC, and then the setup wizard will appear together with the instructions on how to install the application properly.
Try it for Free
Step 2 Connect the mobile device
First, make sure that the PC and iOS devices are connected to the same internet network. Next, launch iOS Mirror on the PC, and from the iOS device, swipe up from the bottom part of the screen to open the Control Center. From there, tap the "Screen Mirroring" option and then select the tool's name from the window that will appear.
Step 3 Record the game
Once the iOS screen is mirrored to the tool, begin playing the game to view on a bigger screen. Use the iOS device as a controller while the PC monitor as the screen for more convenience. To record the Gameplay, click the "Record" button at the rightmost part of the tool. Then, when you are done recording, you can click the red button, which will become a "Stop" button, and the video will be saved on your device automatically.
Record iPad Gameplay using Quicktime Player
Those who own a Mac device probably don't know about it, but Quicktime Player can record your screen activities. Quicktime Player is the default media player of Mac devices and can also function as a recorder. Using this will be easy for people who use a Mac device as they use Quicktime Player most of the time. However, here are the steps for those who are not familiar with the steps to record Gameplay on iPad with Quicktime Player.
- Connect the iPad to the Mac device using a lightning cable, then launch the Quicktime Player.
- After that, click the “File” tab and select “New Movie Recording.”
- On the Quicktime toolbar, click the drop down arrow beside the "Record" button and select the iPad from the list.
- Click the "Record" button to start the recording process. Launch the game and play it.
- To end the recording process, click the same button on the toolbar and save the video.
Default Way to Record iOS Screen
Apple introduced the built-in recorder function of iOS devices with its iOS 11 updates. Since then, people have been using this function as it has proved very useful to iOS users. However, people still do not know how to use this function, especially in recording gameplay. That is why the steps how to use this function are listed below.
Tips on screen recording on iOS:
- Head to the "Settings" window and look for "Control Center."
- Under "Control Center," look for the "Screen Recorder" option and tap the "Add" button before it.
- Go back to the home screen, and launch the "Control Center" by swiping up from the bottom part of the screen and tapping the "Record" button.
- The recording will start, and play the game you want.
- When the game is finished, and you want to stop the recording, tap the "Red status bar," and a message will appear.
- Click "Stop" from the options on the pop-up reminder, and the video will be saved on the "Gallery."
Record iPad Gameplay with Record!it
RecordIt is a free and robust recording tool for iOS devices. This tool allows you to screen record an excellent video output with low RAM and CPU usage, which means recording your Gameplay in excellent quality is possible with RecordIt. Also, RecordIt lets you use FaceCam while playing whenever you are streaming your Gameplay online. To begin, visit the App Store on our iOS device and search the RecordIt app, then click the "GET" button to install the tool on your device. Next, swipe your phone to go to "Control Center," then click the "Record" button and choose the "RecordIt" as your recorder, and it will start recording instantly. Lastly, play the game you want to record while the recording process is ongoing.
Screencast iPad Gameplay using Airshou
If you prefer to record your game on your iPad directly, AirShou is the tool for you. The tool, however, is not available on the App Store and needs to be downloaded from its website. It records every screen activity on your iPad once activated. It is convenient to record your game when there is no available PC. Follow these steps to learn how to use AirShou to record your iPad gameplay.
Steps on using AirShou:
- Get the installer of AirShou by visiting its official website.
- Install the file on your iPad afterward. Once installed on the iPad, launch the tool by tapping the Airshou icon.
- Since AirShou is not from the App Store, the system does not trust it yet and will block the tool.
- Head to the "Settings" and under the "Profile and Device Management" tab, tap the "Trust" button.
- Go back to the tool, click the "Record" button, and start the game.
Record iOS Screen with DU Recorder
The final solution to effectively record Gameplay on this list is the DU Recorder. This powerful screen recorder can capture the entire game window in a high-quality resolution. DU Recorder is a recommended app to use for professional gamers and streamers. A good reason is that the app allows players to stream their Gameplay in real-time and share it with YouTube or Facebook directly. Aside from its screen recording functions, it also lets users edit the recorded Gameplay. Users can add background music, texts, or subtitles to the recorded file regarding its editing features. However, users will need to purchase the app's premium services to unlock its unique features. Check the guide below to learn how to use DU Recorder.
- Select the link provided here to open the App Store and install the DU Recorder. Once the app is installed, launch it on your iPad to access the interface.
- From its main interface, tap "Record to Local Device" then hit the "Start" button to continue.
- A new menu will appear; from here, select "DU Recorder" from the list and tap "Start Broadcast" to initiate the process. Next, play the game you want to record.
- Once you are done recording the Gameplay, go back to the DU Recorder and select "Stop Broadcast" to save the recording. To watch the recorded file, go to the "Videos" tab and select the file.
Recording iPad gameplay is easy if you know the right tools to use. That is why, with the tools mentioned above, deciding should not be a problem as all of them are worthy and user-friendly. This is true especially with the iPhone Screen Recorder by Acethinker, as it can provide high-quality videos every time. With this tool, recording the iOS screen has never been easy.