Calls and SMS are no longer the sole means of communication. We can now engage in a way that better represents ourselves than ever before, thanks to platforms like WeChat. WeChat is one of the popular mobile applications that are available for both Android and iOS. As of 2018, it became the world's largest standalone mobile application with over 1 billion monthly active users. Besides, it lets us have fun when communicating with our loved ones with the assistance of stickers, emoticons, and other innovations. Furthermore, the ability to use video calling is the icing on the cake when it comes to reaching out to our friends and family. It also stores our chat history, including messages, audio, pictures, and more with our friends and families. As a result, deleting WeChat messages by accident or losing certain WeChat messages after the iOS 14.2/13 upgrade might be devastating. Luckily, we summarize the most efficient ways to recover deleted WeChat messages and keep on reading to know-how.
Is it Possible to Restore WeChat History iPhone?
Before we go to the solutions to solve the issue, we must understand why it is possible to restore WeChat history on iPhone. Data loss can occur to anyone on any occasion. It is possible to recover WeChat history from your iPhone immediately. In fact, the data on the iPhone is saved in an SQLite database. SQLite database is an in-process library that executes a self-contained, zero-configuration, and transactional SQL database engine. When you remove data, the database changes the status of the data from "Allocated" to "Unallocated," but the data isn't truly gone. When you add data to your iOS device later, it occupies the "Unallocated" storage and overwrites the previously stored data. With the aid of third-party iPhone data recovery software that can access the SQLite database, the data in the "Unallocated" storage can still be recovered.
Also, if you previously created a backup of your iPhone using iTunes or iCloud, you may restore it from a backup file. It is also worth noting that iCloud and iTunes backups may wipe your iPhone's existing content. To avoid this, you may use a data recovery application to examine both existing and deleted WeChat data and recover it without wiping your iPhone's existing data.
Effective Ways to Recover WeChat History
Way 1: Restore WeChat History iPhone from iTunes Backup
As mentioned above, you can restore your iPhone from an iTunes backup if you need to retrieve your lost WeChat history no matter what technique you choose. To utilize this approach, make sure you've already created an iTunes backup. Furthermore, keep in mind that iTunes will force you to restore the whole backup to your iPhone, which would overwrite all data on your device. With that being said, if you don't mind risking your current data on your iPhone, follow the steps below to recover WeChat messages iPhone.
Steps to follow:
- On your computer, launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable. (The iTunes application installed on your computer should be updated - this will boost the restoration process.)
- Wait until iTunes recognizes your device. Then, tick the "iPhone" icon when it appears on the iTunes' interface.
- Under the "Backups" options, hit the "Restore Backup" then select the most relevant backup you need. You can refer to the date and time of the backups, and choose the recent time. After that, hit "Restore."
- Then, you have to wait until the process is done. Keep your iPhone connected to your computer until the process is done.
WAY 2: Restore WeChat History iPhone from iCloud Backup
You may also back up your WeChat messages to iCloud. If you have enabled automatic iCloud backup, you may use this technique to recover deleted WeChat messages from the backup. However, your iPhone will revert to the state it was in when the backup was made. This implies that any new data added to your device after the backup will be lost. Another thing to take note of is that you may not able to back up all the data on your device if your iCloud storage plan is insufficient. If you don't worry about losing data, you may restore WeChat messages from an iCloud backup by following these instructions.
Steps to follow:
- To start, you will need to erase all the data and presets of your iPhone. To do that, go to your iPhone's "Settings" then tap on "General." After that, click "Reset" and lastly hit the "Erase All Content and Settings" button.
- After clicking the "Erase All Content and Settings" button, it will bring you to the "Hello Screen" or the "Set up" options. From here, follow the onscreen instruction just like the first time you set up your device.
- Once you come to the "Apps & Data" option, select "Restore from iCloud Backup." You will be required to log in to your iCloud account using your Apple ID. Then, pick the most relevant backup from the backups saved on your iCloud.
- Lastly, keep your device connected to a Wi-Fi network until the process is done. Then, check your WeChat application and see if your messages were restored.
Note: You must remember your log-in details such as Apple I.D, Wi-Fi password and more before doing this step.
Way 3: Restore WeChat History iPhone from Another iPhone
This next method is only applicable if you have backup your WeChat messages to the application itself. Rather than backing up and restoring, it's more of a transfer. In fact, this approach is useful when transferring WeChat messages history from an old iPhone to a new one. Nevertheless, it accomplishes the same goal. The Chat Log Migration Function is a way in which you just pick the needed chats and restore them to another device. For a better understanding, follow these steps below on how to WeChat history recover.
Steps to follow:
- First, open your WeChat application on your existing device then, go to the "Me" options.
- Tap on the "Settings" option, and you will be redirected to another menu option, then hit "General."
- From here, click the "Chat Log Migration" button and tap the "Select Chat Transcript" button. Then a QR code will appear.
- 4. Log in to your account on the other device and scan the QR code. After scanning the QR code, the migration process will begin. Once the process is done, all your WeChat data will be on your new device.
WAY 4: Restore WeChat History iPhone using AceThinker iOS Data Recovery
Best for: Recovering deleted or lost data on any iOS device, with or without backup.
Suppose you didn't back up your WeChat history, you may need third-party software to retrieve your deleted or lost WeChat messages. AceThinker iOS Data Recovery is one of the most trusted WeChat message recovery tools you can find online. This recovery tool is specifically designed to help users to restore lost iOS data including encrypted files. Aside from recovering WeChat messages, users can easily recover deleted screenshots iPhone, and other kind's data on your device. Furthermore, it supports all kinds of iOS devices and versions including iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone 12, and iOS 14.
- This iOS data recovery can also extract data from your iCloud/iTunes backup.
- It supports both Windows and Mac operating systems.
- It has a simple interface that lets anyone easily navigate the tool.
- It lets users preview any data before recovering.
- It can also repair any iOS system error.
Try it for Free
Here are the steps you can follow to recover WeChat messages iPhone
- To begin, hit any of the download buttons above to save the tool on your PC. After the downloading process is done, complete the installation procedure by following all of the instructions. Then, the tool will start up on its own.
- Then, using a USB cord, connect your iPhone to your computer and wait for AceThinker iOS Data Recovery to discover your iPhone. To access the "Recover from iOS device" option, select "iPhone Data Recovery" after the program has recognized your iPhone. To begin the procedure, tick the "Start Scan" button.
- From here, all your files will be listed and categorized on the left panel of the tool. Select the WeChat application and you can preview the messages before recovering them on your device.
- Once you have selected all your preferred WeChat messages you can tap the "Recover" button to save them on your device.