Snapchat is one of the most utilized multimedia instant messaging apps and services created by Snap Inc. The application has grown from focusing on person-to-person photo sharing to featuring users' "Stories" comprising 24 hours of chronological material and "Discover," letting marketers show ad-supported short-form content. Besides, users may send and receive Snapchat photos with their friends or family. Some of these photos are too precious and you want to preserve them. However, what if you unintentionally deleted those Snapchat photos or were lost due to different reasons like factory data resetting your iPhone. Then you will be stuck wondering how to find deleted Snapchat pictures on iPhone? Worry not, as we have gathered and tested the most efficient ways to retrieve your lost or deleted Snapchat photos. Learn them and see what works for you.
Can Snapchat Photos be Recovered?
If you're a Snapchat user, you're probably well aware that Snapchat deletes transmitted photographs and chats after the recipient has viewed the information. Here's how Snapchat's servers handle the removal of photographs.
- When the recipient views the photos, Snapchat servers automatically delete them without any notice.
- The snaps would be deleted after 30 days even if you didn't view them.
- An unopened snap sent to a group will be deleted within 24 hours by Snapchat servers
The deleted or lost Snapchat history and story can be recovered in certain cases, as listed below:
- Screenshot: For instance, someone sends you a snap, you can take a screenshot of this photo using your iPhone. However, while doing this, the person who sends this photo/snap will be notified that you have taken a screenshot. Thus, it will be saved on your Album and won't be gone unless you delete it.
- Stories: Whenever you post/share a photo or video to Snapchat Story, these files will be saved on your profile for 24 hours.
- Memories: If you save a picture or a video to Snapchat Memories, you can view the files whenever you want as they will not disappear.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from Snapchat on iPhone
Method 1: How to Recover Snapchat Pictures on iPhone using AceThinker Fone Keeper
Distinctive Feature: The tool lets users recover in three ways: recover from iOS devices directly, recover from iTunes, and through iCloud backup.
Supported Devices: iPhone (iPhone 4-iPhone 12 Pro Max), iPad (iPad mini 3-iPad Pro), iPod (iPod touch 4- iPod touch 4)
Suppose you have taken screenshots from Snapchat and you accidentally deleted them on your iPhone. The best and direct method to retrieve lost or deleted iOS data is to utilize AceThinker Fone Keeper - iOS Data Recovery. With this versatile tool, you can quickly recover Snapchat photos on iPhone with a few clicks. You can recover your Snapchat photos through extracting your camera roll, photo stream, or app photos. Apart from recovering Snapchat photos, you can also retrieve deleted Voice Memos, recover deleted Messenger messages iPhone, recover deleted videos from iPhone, and more. In addition, AceThinker Fone Keeper allows you to preview all the data or files you have accidentally lost or deleted, so you are sure that the files you are retrieving are accurate. Follow the listed walkthroughs below on how you can restore your deleted Snapchat photos.
Try it for Free
- Click any of the download buttons above to save the iOS Data Recovery tool on your computer. Once done, run the installation package and follow all the on-screen guides to install it. The tool's interface will appear after that.
- On the tool's interface, click on the "iPhone Data Recovery," then choose which method you want to use to recover your Snapshot photos. Suppose you have selected "Recover from iOS Device" as the recovery mode. In this method/mode, you have to connect your iPhone to your computer using a charging cable and wait until the software detects your device.
- From here, click the "Start" button on the right bottom corner of the tool, and the scanning process will commence. This process can take a few moments since it will perform a deep scan. After that, click on the "Camera Roll" then hit the "Picture Library" menu to access all your photos. Mark all the photos you want to retrieve, then hit the "Recover" button.
Method 2: How to Recover Snapchat Photos on iPhone- Recently Deleted Folder
This method is one of the significant ways to retrieve your lost or deleted Snapchat photos without any backup or a computer. It is to view from the iPhone's "Recently Deleted" album. The Apple company designed this album to prevent users from losing photos, videos, and screenshots after they've been erased. This will only apply if you have unintentionally deleted a Snapshot photo yourself and not due to factory reset or other possible reasons. Furthermore, the folder will contain the photos deleted for up to 30 days, and they will be deleted permanently. To know how to recover Snapchat pictures on iPhone, you can follow the steps below.
- On your iPhone, open the "Photo" application. After that, go to the "Album" folder to access the "Recently Deleted" folder.
- Here, you can preview all the photos, screenshots, and videos you have deleted. Pick all the Snapshot photos you want to retrieve, then hit the "Recover" button.
Method 3: How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Photos on iPhone via iTunes
If you previously synced or backed up your iPhone with iTunes, the Snapchat photographs you want to retrieve are very certainly also backed up. As a result, you can recover Snapchat photos on your iPhone by restoring the iTunes backup. However, you should be aware that restoring from an iTunes backup will require you to erase all of your iPhone's existing data. To put it in other words, if the iTunes backup you want to recover from doesn't contain the erased Snapchat pictures, you may lose more relevant data on your iOS device. If you can risk your data, you can try this method.
- On your computer, launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to iTunes with a USB cable. Ensure that the iTunes you installed on your computer is updated to make the process smooth.
- From here, hit on the "iPhone" icon at the top and go to the "Summary" options. After that, tap on the "Restore Backup" button to retrieve the previous backup you have saved.