Snapchat is one of the numerous utilized multimedia instant messaging apps and services created by Snap Inc. The application has grown from focusing on person-to-person photo sharing to featuring users' "Stories" comprising 24 hours of chronological material and "Discover," letting marketers show ad-supported short-form content. Besides, users may send and receive Snapchat photos with their friends or family. Some of these photos are too precious, and you want to preserve them. However, what if you unintentionally deleted those Snapchat photos or were lost for different reasons like factory data resetting your iPhone. Then you will be stuck wondering how to find deleted Snapchat pictures on your iPhone? Worry not, as we have gathered and tested the most efficient ways to retrieve your lost or deleted Snapchat photos. Learn them and see what works for you.
Can Snapchat Photos be Recovered?
If you're a Snapchat user, you're probably aware that Snapchat deletes transmitted photographs and chats after the recipient has viewed the information. Here's how Snapchat's servers handle the removal of photographs.
- When the recipient views the photos, Snapchat servers automatically delete them without any notice.
- The snaps would be deleted after 30 days even if you didn't view them.
- An unopened snap sent to a group will be deleted within 24 hours by Snapchat servers.
The deleted or lost Snapchat history and story can be recovered in certain cases, as listed below:
- Screenshot: For instance, if someone sends you a snap, you can take a screenshot of this photo using your iPhone. However, while doing this, the person who sends this photo/snap will be notified that you have taken a screenshot. Thus, it will be saved on your Album and won't be gone unless you delete it.
- Stories: Whenever you post/share a photo or video to Snapchat Story, these files will be saved on your profile for 24 hours.
- Memories: If you save a picture or a video to Snapchat Memories, you can view the files whenever you want as they will not disappear.
How to Recover Deleted Photos from Snapchat on iPhone
Method 1: How to Restore Snapchat Pictures on iPhone using AceThinker Fone Keeper
< vital>Distinctive Feature: The tool lets users recover directly from iOS devices, from iTunes, and through iCloud backup.
Supported Devices: iPhone (all iPhone models), iPad (iPad mini 3-iPad Pro), iPod (all iPod touch models)
Suppose you took screenshots from Snapchat and accidentally deleted them on your iPhone. The best and direct method to retrieve lost or deleted iOS data is to utilize AceThinker Fone Keeper - iOS Data Recovery. With this versatile tool, you can quickly recover Snapchat photos on iPhone with a few clicks. You can recover your Snapchat photos by extracting your camera roll, photo stream, or app photos. Apart from recovering Snapchat photos, you can also retrieve deleted Voice Memos, recover deleted videos from iPhone, and more. In addition, AceThinker Fone Keeper allows you to preview all the data or files you have accidentally lost or deleted, so you are sure that the files you are retrieving are accurate. Follow the listed walkthroughs below on how you can restore your deleted Snapchat photos.
Try it for Free
- Click any of the download buttons above to get the iOS Data Recovery software on your computer. Once done, operate the installation package and observe all the on-screen directions to install it. The tool's interface will appear after that.
- On the tool's interface, click "iPhone Data Recovery," then choose which mode you want to use to recover your Snapshot photos. Suppose you have selected "Recover from iOS Device" as the recovery mode. In this method/mode, you must attach your iPhone into your computer using a charging cable and stay until the software detects your device.
- From here, click the "Start" button on the bottom right corner of the app, and the scanning process will commence. This process can take a few moments since it will perform a deep scan. After that, click on the "Camera Roll" and then hit the "Picture Library" menu to access all your photos. Mark all the photos you want to retrieve, then hit the "Recover" button.
Method 2: How to Recover Snapchat Photos on iPhone- Recently Deleted Folder
This method is one of the effective solutions to retrieve your lost or deleted Snapchat photos without backup or a computer device. It is to view from iPhone's "Recently Deleted" album. The Apple company designed this album to stop users from losing photos, videos, screenshots, and other media data after they've been erased. This will only apply if you have unintentionally deleted a Snapshot photo and not due to a factory reset or other possible reasons. Furthermore, the folder will contain the photos deleted for up to 30 days and permanently deleted. You can follow the walkthrough below to learn how to recover Snapchat pictures on your iPhone.
- On your iPhone, open the "Photo" application. Afterward, move to the "Album" folder to see the "Recently Deleted" folder.
- You can preview all the photos, screenshots, and videos you have deleted in this folder. Pick all the Snapshot photos you want to retrieve, then hit the "Recover" button.
Method 3: How to Recover Deleted Snapchat Photos on iPhone via iTunes
If you previously synced or backed up your iPhone with iTunes, the Snapchat photographs you want to retrieve are very certainly also backed up. As a result, you can recover Snapchat photos on your iPhone by restoring the iTunes backup. However, you should be aware that restoring from an iTunes backup will require you to clear all of your iPhone's existing data. To put it in other words, if the iTunes backup you want to recover from doesn't contain the erased Snapchat pictures, you may lose more relevant data on your iOS device. If you can risk all your iPhone data, you can try this method to recover your Snapchat photos. Also, if you want to recover your accidentally deleted screenshot on your iPhone, check out the provided solutions.
- On your computer, launch iTunes and connect your iPhone to iTunes with a USB cable. Ensure that the iTunes you installed on your computer is updated to make the process smooth.
- From here, hit on the "iPhone" icon at the top and go to the "Summary" options. After that, tap on the "Restore Backup" button to retrieve the previous backup you have saved.
Bonus Tips: Snapchat Stop Working on iPhone
The Snapchat app on your iPhone may have been corrupted due to the latest update and is no longer functional. If this happens, you'll need to uninstall the damaged Snapchat app from your smartphone and download the most recent version from the App Store.
- Open the "Setting" application from your iPhone Home screen, then tap on the "General."
- On the "General" setting, hit the "iPhone Storage" and search for the "Snapchat" application. Tap on it and tap the "Delete App."
- Afterward, go to your "App Store" and search for Snapchat to reinstall it on your iPhone.