A factory reset is an important feature that helps you fix bugs and minor issues on your iPhone; however, doing so may also wipe out all of your personal data, including your photos from the Photos app, and restore the default settings of your iPhone. So, you won’t have to worry about your data being lost after a Factory reset needed to fix the issues on your iPhone. Although, you can retrieve the photos if you have a backup done on iTunes. In case you didn’t and wondered how to recover photos after factory reset iPhone. Well, in this article, you will be given a complete guide on how to recover photos after factory reset on iPhone.
4 Helpful Ways to Recover Photos after Factory Reset on iPhone
Most of the time, your data after a factory reset is completely lost, and you cannot even find your photos in the original location. To overcome this issue, we will enlist four different ways to recover photos after factory reset iPhone without backup.
1. Recover Photos After Factory Reset iPhone from Recently Deleted Folder
Whenever you lose your photos, the first thing to do is check your recently deleted folder. There is a probability that you will be able to find your photos in that folder as it holds on to the deleted data for 30 days before completely wiping it out. If you're using iPhone 8 or any higher model, there is a high chance of getting your photos back.
- Go to Photos App on your iPhone and tap on Album.
- Next, you will find the Album named "Recently Deleted".
- Now, find and select the photos you are looking for, and lastly, tap Recover.
2. Recover iPhone Photos After Factory Reset from iCloud Backup
If you use iCloud Backup on your iPhone, your photos might have been saved, and you can find them even after a factory reset on your iPhone. To restore and extract deleted photos from iCloud, here are the steps you could take:
- Firstly, restart your iPhone and select the language and country or region.
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi and set up Face/Touch ID.
- Now tap on restore info and data.
- Now on Apps & Data screen, tap on Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Here, you will sign in with your Apple ID, and from the list of archives, select the latest Backup to restore your data.
3. Restore Photos After Factory Reset iPhone from iTunes Backup
How to restore photos after factory reset iPhone? If you are a smart iPhone user, you must have backed up your essential data on iTunes on your PC. Well, in that case, your photos can easily be retrieved by following these steps:
- Firstly, connect your iPhone to your PC via cable or Bluetooth.
- Run iTunes on your PC and tap on the iPhone icon in the iTunes window.
- Under the Summary section, choose Restore Backup.
- Now, select recent backup and then lastly tap on Restore.
4. Recover Deleted Photos after Factory Reset on iPhone without Backup
If any of the methods mentioned above didn't work for you and you are still here figuring out a way to recover iPhone photos after factory reset without Backup, then worry not! Coming up next is the method that will work for you. We are talking about none other than AceThinker iOS Recovery software which should be your only spot to recover any lost data from your iPhone. No matter the reason for losing your data may be due to water damage, accidental deletion, or factory reset. You will be able to restore your data in a matter of a few clicks even when you have no other backup due to the incredible features this tool possesses.
- Clean and user-friendly interface for fast recovery of data.
- Retrieves the data even when there is no backup.
- The tool aids in recovering lost data through iCloud and iTunes backup.
- Restore & retrieves lost pictures, WhatsApp messages, contact details, and much more.
- You will also be able to fix multiple systemic errors in any iOS device.
- Provides the option to preview the data you want to restore before recovery.
- Separate dedicated versions available for both Windows and Mac OS.
Try it for Free
Quick Guide to Restore Photos with AceThinker iOS Recovery Software
- Firstly, download and install the AceThinker iOS Data recovery tool to your PC by clicking the above link. After installation, the tool will launch automatically.
- Next, connect your iPhone to your PC through a USB cable, and the software will detect your device. Then, select iPhone data recovery.
- Select Recover from the iOS device and click on the Start scan button to begin the scanning among the three recovery options.
- After the scan ends, you will be able to view files on the left side. Now, here you will Select camera roll, photostream, and photo library to preview images. In the end, select the photos that you want to recover and click Recover.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Now when we are done telling you the methods you can use to recover photos from factory reset iPhone, we will go ahead and answer some of the most frequently asked questions online regarding this particular, which can further help you:
1. Could permanently delete photos be recovered?
Yes, they could be recovered. You can check these photos either in the recently deleted folder or any backup you have created. You can also recover the photos through AceThinker iOS Recovery.
2. How to recover lost photos after a factory reset?
If you don't have a backup option like iTunes or iCloud, you would need a third-party tool like AceThinker iOS Recovery. It will scan all of your lost files and help in the restoration of photos.
3. How to recover data from a wiped iPhone without backup?
If you haven't kept a backup for your iPhone, you might have lost all of your data, but you can still check your iCloud storage by going to https://www.icloud.com/ from your PC and see whether or not any data or photos are synced.