For the last decade, WhatsApp has become a sensational social messaging application that sends and receives millions of formal and informal messages daily. These messages may include voice messages, text messages, pictures of friends and families, or maybe some other important files from clients. We believe that all these messages or files must have some degree of importance, and no one can afford to lose such valuable information. However, a lot of people think that deleted files from WhatsApp can’t be restored and they are permanently removed. Fortunately, we have a few simple ways to retrieve the files that have been deleted from your iPhone accidentally. So, if you are facing trouble in restoring a deleted file you have landed on the right post. Now you don't need to worry about how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone.
4 Simple Ways to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages iPhone
If you have accidentally deleted WhatsApp Messages on your iPhone, here are 4 simple ways to recover them.
Way 1: Recover Deleted Messages Via WhatsApp iCloud Backup
If you have created a backup, you can easily retrieve your WhatsApp messages with one limitation: you cannot select the message you want to recover. You have to restore your entire chat history. Below is a quick guide on how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on an iPhone with backup.
- Turn on your Auto Backup. Before you open WhatsApp, make sure you have backed up your messages to your iCloud. You can check this by simply going to the "Settings" of WhatsApp, then proceed to "Chat" and "Chat Backup".
- Restore your Chat History. You need to uninstall your WhatsApp to proceed with this step. After that reinstall WhatsApp again from the Apple store and confirm your number. You will be asked if you want to restore your backup or not, click on “restore chat history”. Once the process is done all your history that has been saved on your iCloud will be restored.
Way 2: How to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages On iPhone with AceThinker Fone Keeper
As discussed above if you are restoring your backup you have to restore all the things and can’t do the selective restoration. But this doesn’t mean that you can’t selectively recover your WhatsApp messages. Fortunately, we have AceThinker Fone Keeper - iOS Data Recovery, the ultimate smart iPhone Data Recovery Software to help you with this issue by just following this simple guide.
Try it for Free
- You need to connect your device with your computer using a USB cable.
- Once the first step is over, open AceThinker Fone Keeper then click on the "WhatsApp Transfer" options. Then choose which backup you are going to use.
- Select your Chat to Restore. Once the scanning is complete, you will see all your data grouped by type in a list. After clicking on WhatsApp on the right, you will see all the WhatsApp messages you have saved.
- Mark those messages you want to restore and hit the recover button on the bottom right.
Way 3: Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages From iTunes Backup
People who like to create a backup of their data on iTunes can follow the methods below to restore their deleted messages from iTunes. However, keep in mind that, unlike iCloud, you don't need to restore all your data because you will have the option to recover your selected messages with this method.
- Launch iTunes and connect it to your target device.
- By pressing the iPhone icon, you can recover your backup by clicking "Restore Backup".
- Now, search for the file you want to recover and press the button to recover this WhatsApp message on your iPhone.
Way 4: Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Chat from iCloud Backup
Before proceeding with this step, make sure your iCloud status is enabled; otherwise, all your efforts will be useless. To check the status, go to iCloud's "Settings" and then click "Backup". If the status is activated, follow the steps below to recover your WhatsApp chat from iCloud backup.
- Go to "Settings" and click "General". Now, select "Reset" and then tap the "Erase All Content and Settings" option from the new menu.
- Stay calm and follow the instructions on the screen until the "Apps & Data" option appears. Now you can select the "Restore from iCloud backup" option.
- Now select your required iCloud backup and wait for the recovery process to complete successfully. Remember to have a fast and secure internet connection throughout the process. A weak internet connection can cause all your attempts to fail. Therefore, it is best to make sure that your Wi-Fi connection remains intact throughout the process.
Wrapping it up!
Now you don't have to worry about recovering deleted WhatsApp messages on your iPhone because it's quite easy! We have mentioned only 4 ways, but there are surely many other ways to recover your WhatsApp messages that you might have accidentally deleted. Aside from messages, saving on Notes also offers a convenient way to organize and keep text-based information. With that said, did you know that you can also recover deleted notes on iPhone with the use of the above-mentioned tools like iCloud and iTunes? However, among these many ways, the best way to recover your WhatsApp messages is to use AceThinker which will help you restore your data selectively with iCloud and iTunes backup and even without backup. So, don't hesitate and choose the method that suits you to recover your precious files, messages, or images. Which method will you choose?