Voice Memo is an app on the iPhone that allows you to record your voice, a song, or any form of important audio to listen to when you need it. You can delete the audio whenever you want or it can also be lost due to certain accidents. If you have lost an important voice memo and want to learn how to retrieve deleted voice memos, here are the top 3 methods you can use to recover deleted voice memos on your iPhone. Go through these solutions for how to recover deleted voice memos and choose the method that you find the most suitable.
Top 4 Ways to Recover Deleted Voice Memos iPhone Fast
Way 1: Recover Deleted Voice Memos iPhone using AceTHinker Fone Keeper
Getting your Voice Memo lost or deleted is really frustrating. Thankfully with the help of modern technology, you can retrieve these files. With AceThinker Fone Keeper - iOS Data Recovery, you can efficiently recover your deleted Voice Memo with a few clicks. Other than that, you can recover photos from dead iPhone, recover data from locked iPhones, recover deleted calendar events from iPhones, and more. Learn the steps below on how you can retrieve Voice Memo.
Try it for Free
- First, hit the button compatible with your computer. Then launch the installation package and follow the onscreen guide to install it. Once done, you can access the interface of iOS Data Recovery.
- Since you need to recover data, hit the “iPhone Data Recovery” options. Then select which method you want to utilize. Suppose you pick “Recover from iOS Device,” you need to connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Once the tool detects your iPhone, hit the “Start” button, and it will automatically scan your device. Click on the “Voice Memo” and select all the files you need. Lastly, hit the “Recover” button to restore your Voice Memo.
Way 2: Recover Deleted Voice Memos iPhone from the Recently Deleted Folder
It is one of the simplest and easiest methods to retrieve deleted iPhone voice memos. In the iPhone, you have a trash bin named “Recently Deleted.” Whenever you delete a photo, a voice memo, or a video, it goes straight to the Recently Deleted folder and stays there for up to 30 days. You can recover deleted iPhone memos by redownloading them from the Recently Deleted folder before the expiration time completes. Follow the guide below to find how to recover deleted voice memos using the Recently Deleted folder.
- Go to the Voice Memos app. Open the app on your iPhone. Now go through the menu that has appeared on the screen until you find the Recently Deleted folder.
- Open the Recently Deleted folder and scroll through the list of all the deleted voice memos to recover deleted voice memos iPhone. Find the voice memo that you want to redownload.
- Click on the deleted voice memo. Two options (Recover Recording and Cancel) will appear on the screen. Select the first option “Recover Recording.” Check the voice memo list again. The deleted memo will be recovered in your phone again.
Way 3: Recover Deleted Voice Memos iPhone from iCloud Backup
Another solution to how to retrieve deleted voice memos is using your iCloud backup. Remember that this method will only be effective if you were creating iCloud backups from time to time or if you had activated the automatic backup setting. To recover deleted iPhone voice memos by using this method, you will have to reset your phone to the factory settings which means deleting all the recent data from it. If the recent data is important, you can copy it to a safer place and paste it back to your phone later. To determine how to recover deleted voice memos follow the guide below.
- Reset your phone to the factory settings. Again, save all the recent data before proceeding with the step. To reset your phone to the factory settings, open your phone’s Setting folder. Scroll through the menu and tap on the Reset. A new menu will appear on the screen. Choose the Erase All Content and Settings option.
- Go to the Restore from the iCloud Backup option. Once your phone has come back to its factory setting, open the Setting folder again and go to the Apps & Data folder. Again, a new menu will appear on your iPhone’s screen. Scroll through this menu and tap on the Restore from the iCloud Backup button.
- Select the desired backup. Enter your iCloud email and password. The list of stored backups under the Choose Backup title will appear on the screen. Navigate through it and locate the backup that has your deleted voice memo.
- Click on the chosen backup and select Recover. It will restore all the data to your phone. Go to the voice memos folder and find your desired voice memo that you had deleted earlier to Recover deleted voice memos iPhone.
Way 4: Recover Deleted Voice Memos iPhone from the Shared Memos
One of the simplest ways to recover deleted iPhone voice memos is by redownloading them if you have shared them with any of your contacts. You can open the app through which you shared the voice memo. It could be WhatsApp, Gmail, or any other place from where you shared the voice memo. Open the chat where you shared it. You may get the option to recover deleted voice memos on your iPhone. If there is any such option then take full advantage of it and redownload the voice memo. Check the voice memo in its folder.
Reasons Why People Lose their Voice Memos
After finding out how to recover deleted voice memos, you should now learn the reasons people mostly lose their voice memos so that you can be more careful and avoid such accidents. Below is the list of the reasons people lose their voice memo.
- Accidentally deleting an important voice memo while deleting an unimportant voice memo.
- Resetting your phone to the factory settings.
- Upgrading your iOS system.
- Breakdown of the system of your phone.
- Attack of a system virus.
- Lost your phone or dropped it in the water.
How to Protect your Important Voice Memos from Accidental Deletion
To save yourself the trouble, it is best to take precautions and take the right steps to save important memos before they are lost accidentally. Follow the tips below so that you do not have to search for how to recover deleted voice memos on your iPhone.
1. Create an iCloud or iTunes Backup
The best way to keep your data protected is by creating backups from time to time. This way, no matter what happens to your phone and you lose the data from it, you will still have it stored in a secured place. To do this, you will have to go to the settings and activate the automatic iCloud and iTunes backup options.
2. Share the Important Voice Memo with your Trusted Contacts
You can protect voice memos by sharing them with a few contacts that you trust. If you lose these voice memos from your phone, you will still have them stored in the chat where you shared them.
We hope that now you have found all the suitable answers to your “how to retrieve deleted voice memos” questions. Luckily, with the assistance of Recently Deleted Folder, iCloud Backup, and Shared Memos, you will be able to recover deleted voicemail on iPhone. Select any of the best methods described above and recover deleted iPhone voice memos in a short time!