iMessage has become the hot instant messaging service for all iPhone users. However, it is not as popular as WhatsApp and Viber, yet iMessage is the best-integrated platform for all Apple owners. Apart from iPhone and iPad, some people use it on computers, including both Mac and Windows. iMessage is one of the most accessible messaging apps, and you can delete any of your messages or an entire thread with just a single click. One wrong touch can end up in a mistaken conversation deletion. This leads people to think about how to retrieve deleted iMessages. If you are the one who is worried about how to recover deleted iMessages on iPhone, calm down! This article will show you 3 simple and free solutions to restore deleted iMessages on your iPhone. Would you mind scrolling down to learn how to get back deleted iMessages with or without backup on all Apple devices?
Recover Deleted iMessages without Backup with Fone Keeper
Sometimes we don't feel like making a backup. It's okay if you don't have a backup, you can still access your deleted iMessages on your iPhone with AceThinker. It is an amazing app for retrieving your deleted iMessages even without a backup. This app works with the iOS SQLite because all your iMessages are saved in the database before being replaced with new texts. So, if you want to recover deleted iMessages without backup safely, try using AceThinker- the best iMessage Recovery software. With this software, you can recover your messages on both Mac and Windows. Moreover, this app will also help you get back your deleted videos on your iPhone.
AceThinker Fone Keeper supports the following devices:
- iPhone X
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- iPhone 6 and 6 Plus
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 5
- iPhone 4S
- iPad 4/3/2/Air
- iPad mini/mini 2
- iPod touch 5
Try it for Free
All you need is to choose the correct version according to your device and follow the steps below.
- After installing the AceThinker Fone Keeper - iOS Data Recovery, ensure that your iPhone is connected to your Mac/Windows. Once the USB is connected, the application will detect the device automatically.
- Keep your iPhone connected to allow your cell phone to enter scan mode by following the 3 steps. Once you enter the scan mode, the device will scan the iPhone or any other device automatically.
- To continue with this step, you need to select the messages you want to restore. Just click the Message tab on the left, select your messages and proceed.
- Once you are done with all the steps just click on the Recover button to get back all your deleted iMessages into your iPhone.
Note - Please do not forget to turn on Airplane Mode during the scanning process. This will prevent new messages from overwriting your desired chat in the iOS SQLite database. Also, for iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, and iPod touch 4, you will need to download an additional plug-in before scanning your device.
Use Other Apple Devices to Find Deleted iMessages
The best part about using the iPhone is that it syncs your data directly to all iOS platforms you've logged into with your same Apple or iCloud ID. If you use multiple iOS devices and have the sync feature enabled, you can access your iMessages on all your devices.
For example, if you accidentally delete an important chat and don't know how to recover it. No need to panic! If the sync option is enabled, you can access it from any of your Apple devices. To recover your deleted iMessages, simply turn off the sync feature for a while and download your iMessages back to your iPhone.
So you see how easy it is to get your iMessages back without using any software.
Restore Deleted iMessages from iPhone Backup
Apple does not offer the option to save your messages until you have created a backup yourself. If you have recently created the backup with iTunes or iCloud, you can easily restore your iMessages by following the steps below.
Step 1 Restore iMessages from iCloud without Computer
- Go to "Settings" and restart your iPhone to remove all the contents before restoring it from iCloud backup. After restarting, follow the instructions on your screen to set up your iPhone as a new device.
- Once you reach the "Apps and Data" section, select the "Restore from iCloud Backup" option. Now you can log in to your iCloud and select the data you want to restore.
- Let the process of recovery finish. It will take a few minutes to complete.
- Once the process is done, all your data, including your iMessages, will be restored to your iPhone.
Step 2 Restore iMessages from iTunes Backup
Connect the device to the computer and open your iTunes backup on your computer. Once you have completed this step, follow the steps below to recover your iMessages.
- Now enter your password and click the "trust this computer" button.
- You will see your device's icon, select it, and click on "restore a backup".
- Now select the backup containing your iMessages and click "restore".
- Once restored, restart your device, and you will see your deleted iMessage in the Messages app again.
However, if you want to recover some specific messages rather than the whole backup, try using the AceThinker Fone Keeper app we mentioned above. AceThinker will help you recover your selected iMessages from any iTunes backup.
If you have mistakenly deleted an iMessage and now you want to recover it, you can access it with the above 3 easy and accessible ways. However, we would like to recommend you try using iPhone data recovery software like AceThinker Fone Keeper because it can help you recover your data with or without backup. Now you don't have to worry about how to recover deleted iMessages from your iPhone.