We have received quite a lot of complaints that your photos have disappeared from iPhone. This is not quite unusual; many people have faced the same issue. The issue circulated that some photos get missing from the Photos app or even iPhone deleted all their photos. Have you been trying to figure out the possible causes of your photos suddenly disappearing and want some instant solutions? This article would be a good read for you. There could be a number of reasons why you are facing this issue, which we will discuss next in this post. Also, you will be able to find ways to get your photos back to the gallery of your iPhone.
Photos Disappeared from iPhone – The Possible Reasons
Figuring out the reasons for photos missing from iPhone? Don’t worry because listed below are some common reasons we came across:
- iPhone is running on low storage space.
- Accidental deletion of photos while clearing up your device.
- Someone might have deleted your photos.
- Updating software to iOS 11/12/12.4/13 can cause glitches.
- Photo stream turned off, or photos are hidden.
- Logging in to a different iCloud or iCloud photo sync has not been enabled.
Photos Missing on iPhone? Try These Fixes!
Are you wondering whether you will be able to recover lost photos on iPhone? Well, of course, yes, there are some hassle-free and quick fixes to get you out of the trouble:
1. Restart Your iOS Device
If you ask how to recover my photos disappeared from my iPhone, then the most common way is to restart your iOS device. This way is known to fix many major issues on your iPhone.
For iPhone 8 and older models:
- Press and hold the power button either on the side (new devices) or the top (older devices).
- Drag the power slider and wait for it to shut down.
- Again, press and hold the power button to restart the device.
For iPhone 11 and newer models:
- Simultaneously, press and hold the side button and either volume up/down buttons.
- Then drag the power slider to confirm the shutdown.
- Again, hold the side button to restart the iPhone.
2. Head Over to the “Recently Deleted” Folder
The Recently Deleted folder was introduced with iOS 8. All your deleted photos could temporarily be stored for 30 days, after which they are deleted automatically. If your iPhone photos disappeared from camera roll suddenly, you should definitely check the recently deleted folder.
- Go to Albums and open recently deleted photos.
- Select the photos you want to retrieve.
- Once you’ve selected the photos, tap on the Recover option.
- After confirmation, your photos will move back to Photos App.
3. Find & Fix the iCloud Photo Sync Issues
Why all my photos are gone iPhone? There is a possibility that after the new iOS 15 update, you could experience some glitches. One of them is a problem with iCloud photo sync, and you can make sure by checking Photos App. Suppose you are unable to view photos synced with iCloud and can only see local photos. In that case, there indeed exists a syncing problem. Here are a few tips you can workaround to fix the iCloud Photo sync issue:
a. Turn off and on the iCloud Photo Library
iCloud photo library feature is responsible for syncing photos across the devices. To fix the iCloud photo sync issue, you can reset it.
- Go to settings app> iCloud> Photos> iCloud Photo Library and switch the toggle to disable the feature.
- Then, after a while, you can enable it.
b. Make Sure the Cellular Data is Enabled
If your photos gone from iPhone and you are trying to fetch the synced photos from iCloud over cellular data. Then you have to make sure that your data is enabled, or your photos will only be synced when connected to the Wi-Fi network. Go to iCloud photo settings> Cellular Data> Enable it.
c. Check Your iCloud Storage
Another reason you cannot view synced photos is the lack of storage in your iCloud. To check your storage space:
Go to iCloud store> Manage Storage, and you will be able to view used up space. If you want to add more storage, tap on Change storage, and you will be able to view available storage plans.
d. Reset Apple ID on iPhone
If nothing else works to fix iCloud photo sync issues, you can reset your Apple ID.
Go to Settings App> iTunes & App Store> Apple ID> Sign out. After some time, you can sign in again using your credentials.
4. Get Missing Photos Back Using iTunes Backup
If you are an iOS user, then as backup storage, there is no other storage space more trustworthy than iCloud. If you have enabled iCloud backup, you can quickly get back lost pictures on iPhone.
- Plug in your iPhone to your PC in which iTunes has been installed with the same account with which backup was made.
- Trust the PC and enter your password.
- Then, click on Restore Backup. All the backups will appear with their created time and sizes.
- Select the most recently created backup and then click Restore, and all the data will be restored to iPhone.
Restore Photos Disappeared from iPhone Without Backup
If none of those mentioned above proved favorable in getting disappeared photos on iPhone, then use AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery. This tool is the ultimate solution to restore all photos that disappeared from iPhone even without any backup. This recovery software retrieves data, contacts, and messages and scans through other folders on iPhone such as camera roll, photo library, photo stream, etc., without iCloud backup and without tampering with your data.
- Allows previewing the data before you recover it.
- Recovers over 30 types of files.
- Supports three recovery modes for backing up lost files and data.
- Gets lost data from iTunes backup even without Wi-Fi.
- It supports all the versions of iOS devices.
Try it for Free
Following are steps you will take to retrieve all your lost photos using AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery software:
Step 1 Connect iPhone to PC
Connect your device to the PC via lightning cable and launch the AceThinker iPhone data recovery software on your PC. Click on the Recover from iOS device option from the interface.
Step 2 Begin Scanning
Once the tool recognizes your device, you will click on the Start button, and your device will be scanned for all the lost and deleted files.
Step 3 Recover Lost Photos
When the scan ends, you will see a list of files to the left of the interface and preview them. Select the ones you want to recuperate and tick on the Recover button, and those files will be saved to your system.
Suppose you also find some of your photos missing from your iPhone. In that case, you will find the possible causes and try to fix them with the above-explained solutions. Also, if none of the quick fixes work for you, you should try out AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery software. It provides a quick and clean process to all lost data on iOS devices.