In general, people utilize emails to communicate with people for personal issues or business purposes. Emails are a great way to communicate professionally and are used by millions to transfer vital information to each other. However, if all emails disappeared from iPhone, this can cause very complicated issues for an individual. Many emails are critical, so you cannot afford to lose any one of them. You may discover that you've lost emails on your iPhone and other iOS devices due to unexpected circumstances, especially when the latest iOS version is released. It can be not very pleasant forcing you to search for solutions to retrieve the emails.
Emails Are Disappearing From iPhone Inbox – The Possible Reasons
It is incredibly frustrating to lose essential messages from an iPhone device without a good reason. Before you can begin working on the problem that caused emails to disappear from the iPhone. Let us first determine why it went missing initially.
1. Improper Email Settings
With the iPhone, you can customize your application for mail with various settings for your mail. If you don't configure the application correctly, you can lose mails in the iPhone inbox.
2. System Error
Although iPhone and iOS products currently constitute among the most sophisticated digital devices on the market, their systems can crash occasionally. An error in the system could result in essential emails disappearing from inbox iPhone.
3. Incorrectly Configuring POP3 to IMAP
The majority of desktop email programs use the POP3 protocol to retrieve emails. As a default feature, POP3 will download or transfer emails from the server to the computer. However, the email servers on mobile devices employ the IMAP protocol to access emails. IMAP copies emails but does not have emails sent from the email server unless you've chosen to. The email server is, consequently, the perfect location to store your emails. There could be a conflict with IMAP or POP3 that is causing missing emails on iPhone.
5 Effective Ways to Fix Emails Disappearing from iPhone
Introduce each solution in detail with steps, where needed.
1. Force Restart your iPhone
The hard rebooting of your iPhone will fix most iPhone crashes in the majority of instances, such as the issue of emails disappearing from iPhone problems due to system failures. Then, follow the below steps to force restart your iPhone to correct the issue.
For iPhone 6/6 Plus/6s/6s Plus/5s as well as older models
Press and hold the Power and Home buttons simultaneously for a minimum 10 seconds. When the screen becomes black, you can release these two keys. The iPhone will be rebooted as well as your Apple logo will be displayed on the screen in the near future.
On the iPhone X/8/8 Plus/7/7 Plus
Hold the Power and Volume Down buttons in a row for at least 10 seconds. Once the iPhone screen turns black. When the Apple logo appears on the screen. Then release these two keys. Then, your iPhone will reboot.
2. Re-add Email Account
Another option you could explore to solve the "my emails disappeared on my iPhone" problem is connecting your email account with your password and logging in again. To do this successfully, you should follow these steps:
- First, you must completely erase or delete your email account entirely from your device.
- In the next step, you will need to restart your device again.
- Once you have to restart your device, enter your login credentials once again.
- Check your email app once more and verify whether you received the emails that disappeared or not.
3. Set Mail with No Limit
The daytime sync of mail settings could also cause emails to disappear from your iPhone in a flash. If you want to keep your email updated constantly, it is best to set the mail sync day settings as no limit. Follow the instructions in the following steps; Click on "Settings" then on "Mail Contacts Calendar" Tap on your account, then look down for mail days to sync. Set it to "No Limit." After setting these options, the Mail application will be in a position to sync all of your old emails. You can look up all the emails you have received in the index box, then.
4. Try Changing Mail Contact Settings
The fourth method you can try to resolve your issue with your email disappearing from your iPhone is to change your email settings for contacts. To do this, just download an image of your email to your iPhone device. Then, you can use the downloaded copy on the local system, which is POP3. Additionally, you can connect the locally-based copy of the email when using IMAP (Internal Messaging Access Protocol) within your device. The iOS environment is primarily based on IMAP protocol that automatically creates an email copy but does not delete it from the server, as it is the primary location to store all your email messages. However, if you alter your protocol settings from default IMAP to POP3, then conflicts begin to arise. In addition, these conflicts are likely to result in errors appearing on your iPhone that cause the loss of the mail icon. You can resolve the issue by using this fourth option, which involves changing your settings for mail contact.
Here you can go through the following steps, in which Outlook 2016's email has been used as an example.
- To begin, Open Outlook on the device you are using.
- In the next step, you'll need to click on the File option.
- Choose the option "Info". Then, go to "Account Settings.
- Then, you can mark your present POP3 address.
- Click on the "Change" button.
- After that, you can go to the "More Settings" option. Select the Advanced option.
- Don't forget to select the option to save a copy of the messages to servers'.
Additionally, it is possible to de-check the box that says 'Remove the server within ten days' and set the date to match your preferences.
5. Fix Emails Disappearing with AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery
If none of the above-mentioned fixes works, you can use AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery to get the disappeared or lost emails. It is an advanced and all-in-one application that helps you recover deleted and lost information from iTunes/iPad/iPhone or backup files. It can also resolve iPhone problems that do not work typically, restore iOS data, and transfer WhatsApp data between iOS devices and computers.
- It is available in 3 types of options; you can select the one that best fits your preferences.
- Find text messages, photos, videos, calendars, contacts, and more using the iCloud backup file to retrieve a lost or damaged iPhone data.
- It's the most effective software that will aid you in recovering information on any iOS device quickly and easily.
- It can help you recover virtually every type of data or file that you have on your iOS device.
Try it for Free
Quick Guide on How to Retrieve Emails via AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery
- Launch the iPhone Data Recovery Software (AceThinker). Open AceThinker on your computer, and from the main screen, select the Recovery Mode.
- Click on Scan. After Selecting your preferred mode, start the scan to retrieve your emails.
- Recover Emails. Select the data files you want to recover before retrieving your emails.
In this article, we've provided the numerous reasons you may have lost the icon for your mail app on your iPhone. In addition, you're going to discover the many options to resolve the issue of your email disappearing and the use of a third-party application AceThinker, which is capable enough to restore your deleted email account without losing any information.