One of the recurrent issues that many people have encountered is "iPhone contacts disappeared" in a mysterious manner! This issue appears to have been made worse by an iOS 15 update. The contacts disappear in a flash in one or more. This can be very exasperating, especially when you must make an emergency phone call only to discover that the phone number is gone. If you're searching to restore or find a solution to my contacts disappearing on my iPhone issue, you won’t need to look any further after reading our suggestions below.
Why My Contacts Disappeared from iPhone: The Possible Reasons
The problem that causes lost iPhone contacts missing is often the result of one or more factors listed below:
- Switching off the phone, and then restarting it (a “cold start”).
- The user couldn't sync iPhone to iCloud after an update to the software.
- While not directly causing, jailbreaking your iPhone could result in lost iPhone contacts.
- The problem of restarting without a reason.
Quick Solutions to Fix iPhone Contacts Missing Problem
1. Check "On My iPhone" Settings on Your Device
iOS allows you to select an account that you want to be the default to manage your contacts. This could be the reason the contacts disappeared from your phone. You may have accidentally changed the standard account from "On My iPhone" to "iCloud."
Before moving on to more complicated troubleshooting techniques, check your contact settings. Make sure you've set "On My iPhone" as an option.
Here's how if you think some of my contacts are missing iPhone, resolve this by following the steps mentioned below:
- Go into Settings; settings app on your phone.
- Scroll down and hit to open Contacts.
- Next, tap on Default Account. Set it to "On My iPhone."
2. Check and Adjust Group Settings on Contacts
Another option is to look at the settings for groups on Contacts. Recent software updates may have caused some settings to alter. If you select the "All iCloud" option, it may be why you don't view the contacts you've stored on your iPhone.
Here's how you can check and change Contacts' group settings:
- First of all, you must start your phone app.
- Choose the Contacts tab.
- Next, locate Groups on the upper-left edge of your screen. Tap it.
- Check if there's a checkmark next to that all iCloud option. If it is, then tap to de-select it. After that, you can tap then the Do it button located in the upper-right area of the display.
Then you can open Contacts. It should show all the contacts you've stored on your phone. Otherwise, proceed to the next solution to your contact issue.
3. Sign Out and Sign In Again Your iCloud Account
Perhaps, the issue is caused by the Contacts application not being able to sync to your iCloud account. If this is the case, then sign out of your account and then sign back into your account on iCloud. Most of the time, it will restore lost all contacts on iPhone.
- Start with clicking the Settings.
- Tap on the profile picture.
- Scroll down a little. Then, tap Sign Out.
- The "Keep a Copy of" section will be displayed. You can turn on the toggle buttons in contact information, Safari, and more options to make sure that data is kept stored on the device. (Note that this process will erase some photos, videos, and other files from your iPhone. But, they will be saved to your iCloud. You can restore them at any time.)
- Next, press Next, and hit the button to Sign Out once more to verify the decision.
- Make sure to restart your device.
- When your phone is connected, sign in to your iCloud account. Click settings and tap on your profile picture to input the Apple ID credentials.
After some time, open your Contacts app. Find out if all the saved contacts are present.
4. Try Resetting Network Settings
If you think Some of my contacts are missing iPhone the reason could be a faulty network. If the other options fail, you can reset your iPhone's settings for network connectivity. This will help your phone reconnect to its network and also restore all of the lost iPhone contacts.
Remember that changing the network settings won't erase all personal information from your smartphone. However, you should note your WiFi or VPN login details. You'll need to enter these credentials again when you reset your phone's network settings.
Some contacts disappeared from iPhone; here's how to reset the network settings on the iPhone:
- To begin, navigate to Settings.
- Tap General.
- Select Reset. Then, tap Reset Network Settings
- Enter your passcode when asked.
- Press Reset Network Settings to confirm the procedure.
- Reboot your phone to get rid of any random memory or garbage bugs.
- After that, connect with WiFi and Cellular and reconnect. Enter your log in credentials.
Then, go through all your contact information. See if you've found your way to success.
5. Check the Google Account Settings
The iCloud-related techniques didn't work for certain users since the contacts they have synced with the Google rather than their Google account. Are you in similar issues? If so, change the settings to restore your contacts to your phone.
Here's how you can do this:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Tap Contacts.
- Then, choose accounts. Select Gmail.
- Be sure that the toggle switch beside Contacts is turned on the next screen.
Get Your Contacts Back via AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery
These five are the most commonly used methods to get iPhone contacts that disappeared. If your contacts suddenly missing from iPhone, you'll need to think about using a third-party tool to retrieve them. Contacts on iPhones can disappear due to a variety of reasons. Therefore, it is recommended to use an app that can find your lost contacts regardless of the reason that led to their loss.
AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery is a one-click and most effective solution to recover lost contacts on your device. It's fast and straightforward to utilize, even if you have never tried an application for data recovery. Below are the most significant reasons why you should select AceThinker for recovering your contacts. AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery is completely compatible with the most current iPhone model (iPhone 13) and iOS version (iOS 15).
- Designed to remove all type of data from iOS devices.
- It supports selective recovery meaning you can select the contacts you want to retrieve.
- It allows you to preview the contacts prior to recovering.
- 100% reliable and efficient.
- Offers 3 dedicated modes to recover lost data.
Try it for Free
How to recover iPhone contacts using AceThinker?
Step 1 Start AceThinker iPhone Data RecoveryOpen the application, look for within the software, and select the "Recover from iOS Device" option. Select it. After that, the device will be connected. If the device is found, the name of the device will be displayed.
Step 2 Start ScanTo continue, you'll be required to click the button that says "Start Scan." iPhone Data Recovery is going to start scanning your device for deleted files.
Step 3 Recover your FilesTo retrieve iPhone lost contacts after update, press the "Recover" button. In this way, ensure the data is stored in your system.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1). What can I do to avoid losing contacts?
It's impossible to predict if the contacts you've saved will disappear. Always remember to enable the iCloud backup feature in Settings and regularly backup your contacts in iCloud and iTunes. This will help in increasing the chances of successful recovery. Also, it would be best if you were extremely cautious when it comes to jailbreaking your iPhone.
2). What can I do to find those contacts that are missing
Follow the steps below to locate those missing contact numbers.
- Go to iCloud.com and Log in using the same iCloud account.
- Click on Account Settings. Then scroll down until you see the advanced section, then click to restore Contacts.
- Click Restore near the date you last had lost all your contact details.
- Click Restore to open the dialog window. After that, you'll receive a message from iCloud.com and an email to the email address on file with your Apple ID.
3). What caused my iPhone contacts to disappear at once
The contacts you have may also disappear because of these reasons:
Software Glitch: This is the most frequently cited cause for this problem.
Restart Force Restart: Sometimes, we force restart a non-responsive iPhone to get it back to life. It could result in data loss, which includes your contacts.
Systems Upgrade: Upgrading the software on your iOS operating system into a more recent version (iOS 14/15, etc.) could also be the reason. The possibility is that contacts were not being backed up with iCloud throughout the process. Your contacts may be gone due to the issue when you upgrade.
Jailbreak: Jailbreaking, your iPhone, will allow you to expand additional features, which are limited through Apple and its App Store. However, it's a risky option and could remove all information on your iPhone, including contacts.
That's how you solve this "iPhone contacts disappeared" issue and get the missing ones. With these solutions, you can recover the contact information; we recommend AceThinker as the complete solution for your missing contacts.