For a long time, Instagram has been an integral part of the content on the internet. It lets its users share images or videos from their life with friends. While big stars and influencers post here to keep their followers informed of their latest work. Instagram still has active users. Over the last couple of years, TikTok is now the most popular choice for discovering viral content and trends for many users. Suppose you're tired of using Instagram or want to delete your old account on this platform. You can also create a new one; here's how to remove a remembered account on Instagram iPhone.
Ways to Delete Instagram Account iPhone
1. Delete Instagram Account on iPhone Permanently
Instagram creators have introduced various alternatives to help you get off their platform. Users are given options to delete their accounts or disable accounts on Instagram. A whole article on Instagram's official site will help users delete Instagram account iPhone or block their accounts. To make it easier following are a few steps you can take to remove or temporarily disable Instagram accounts.
Follow the guide steps to know how to delete an Instagram account on iPhone.
- First of all, start with opening Safari on your iPhone. After that, log in to your Instagram account using the browser. Go to your profile, then click on the profile icon. Go to the Settings menu click the three parallel lines.
- Look at the “Settings”, then select “Help” then click “Help Center” it will direct you to a new page. After that, tap on the “Managing Your Account” option then “Delete Your Account” once again select “How do I delete my Instagram account?”
- Users will also have to decide on the reason to deactivate their accounts. If you don't select this option, your choice to permanently remove your Instagram account won't be displayed. Then for the last step, enter your password again to resume deleting your Instagram account on your iPhone. Lastly, click on the “Permanently delete my account” button.
2. Disable an Instagram Account Temporarily
Another way to remove or delete your Instagram account in the application is to deactivate it. It will not be permanently deleted from their system, and you can always activate your account by re-accessing it. If you want to disable your Instagram account temporarily, we mostly know to deactivate it. Here are the steps to deactivate your Instagram account on your iPhone.
- You will need to visit Instagram.com via a browser in the first step.
- Log in using your Instagram account details to sign in.
- Click on the user name and select "Edit Profile."
- Choose "Temporarily disable my account" and then choose the reason.
- Input your Instagram password once more, select "Temporarily Disable Account," and then click "OK" to confirm.
3. How to Download Instagram Data Before Deleting the Account/App?
As we all know, deleting means erasing everything, including the data or information you inserted. Suppose you want to save your Instagram data before uninstalling the tool; you have to download and save the data from Instagram. You can use this data to activate your account. To learn how to do that, you can follow the guides below. These steps are detailed to have a smooth downloading of your data on Instagram.
- First of all, start your Instagram app.
- On your page for profile, tap the three lines that appear in the upper right-hand corner of your screen.
- In the end, click "Settings" -- the icon that resembles a gear.
- In Settings, search for "Security."
- On the Security menu, click on Data and History, tap "Download Data."
- Enter your preferred email address you want to receive your Instagram information. Then click "Request Download" – it could take up to two days to get Instagram to transfer your photos as well as comments and details about your account. It is recommended to wait until you get the information before you delete your account.
Bonus Tip – Recover All Type of iOS Data with AceThinker
If you are looking for additional data to recover on your iPhone, many programs are available in the market. You might not need to seek support from the Apple official store. If you've lost any information from the iOS phone, AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery software is here to help you. It can recuperate any data that you are trying to get back. It's the most effective software to aid you in recovering any lost information on any iOS device very quickly and efficiently. You can download AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery if your device data has been damaged. It can also recover lost or deleted data due to a jailbreak or any other accident leading to data loss. The tool uses iTunes data backup feature without needing the device or internet access. If a virus has attacked your device, you can retrieve your data using this software in simple steps.
Try it for Free.
- AceThinker iPhone Data Recovery software can restore deleted Instagram data or other 30+ types of files.
- It comes with three different types of modes for you to choose from.
- If your iPhone device system crashes or you accidentally change your data in a different format, the software can restore it.
- The software can utilize the iTunes backup feature without needing a device or internet access.
- It can also restore deleted essential files and recover your files after a data loss crisis.
- It supports every iPod, iPad, and iPhone model, making it easier for you to recover data from any device.