Apple is the world's largest technology company and, as the year 2021 starts it became the world's most valuable company having a total revenue of $274.5 billion in 2020. It is a multinational technology company that focuses on consumer electronics, computer software, and other online services. One of its most popular by-products is the iPhone. An iPhone is a mobile device that can browse the web, take pictures, play music, make a call or send an SMS. With its system security features designed to expand the operating system's safety without compromising the usability, the iPhone dominated the mobile industry. However, there are times, following a restore, the iPhone gets stuck on the loading screen and won't go any further. It usually occurs after the device has been updated or restored. You may see an Apple logo on a white or black backdrop, coupled with a loading bar or loading circle. And if you're stumped as to what to do next to fix your iPhone stuck on black loading screen, you've come to the right place. Here, we have covered the possible and effective solutions that can help you fix this issue.
Why my iPhone is stuck on the loading screen?
There are multiple reasons for the iPhone stuck on loading circle. Below are the common reasons for this issue and it is important that you should know them before trying out the solutions.
- Incompatible iOS version update - After upgrading your iPhone, you may have a loading screen issue. It's possible that your device has been updated to an iOS version that is not compatible or unstable. Your device may be too old for the update or your storage is not enough for the update.
- Restoring iPhone - If you perform a factory reset on your device and your internet connection has been interrupted it can affect the process and may lead to this problem.
- Software viruses - This is a rare situation as Apple's security system is quite resistant to system viruses. This mostly happens when you perform a jailbreak. Jailbreaking refers to the process of removing software restrictions imposed by the manufacturer.
The Five Best Solution to Fix iPhone Stuck on Loading
Solution 1: Hard Reset iPhone
This method is the simplest way to fix the iPhone loading screen, you have to force your device to restart. While this method is really easy to accomplish you have to take note that your data on your iPhone may disappear. It will be best if you have backed up your data on iTunes or iCloud. The procedure for doing a hard reset differs based on the iPhone model, below are the steps you can follow.
For iPhone 8 Plus or later
- Press and release the "Volume Up" button.
- Then, press the Power/Lock button along with the "Volume Down" button until the Apple logo appears on the screen
- After that, your iPhone will restart and you will notice that your iPhone is not loading anymore.
For iPhone 7 or 7 Plus
- Tap and hold the "Power" and "Volume Down" buttons of your device simultaneously. Wait until your screen goes black then, release the buttons.
- Then press and hold the "Power" button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
- After that, your iPhone will automatically restart, and the loading issue is gone.
Solution 2: Restore iPhone using Recovery Mode
In general, restoring the iPhone can resolve a variety of issues. iPhone recovery mode is useful if your device won't turn on or is stuck on loading. It is also known as a "second-stage loader" that will boot your device in bootloader mode. If you choose to restore your iPhone loading screen with iTunes via recovery mode, bear in mind that all of your data will be deleted. The steps to resolve the problem are listed below.
- Connect your device to the computer using a USB cable prior to launching iTunes. You have to make sure that the iTunes installed on your computer is the latest version so you can perform this method without any difficulties.
- After that, force restart your iPhone without releasing the buttons until your iPhone establishes a connection with iTunes in recovery mode.
- Hit "OK" and iTunes will erase all the data on your device. Once the restore process is done, set your device and it won't be stuck on the black screen.
Solution 3: Erase iPhone remotely by logging into iCloud
iCloud is generally a cloud storage and cloud computing service developed by Apple. It enables users to store data like photos, documents, and music on remote servers for download to iOS or macOS devices. Besides, it provides the means to wirelessly back up iOS devices such as iPhone and iPad, directly to iCloud. In addition, you can easily wipe your iOS data or restore it remotely. This can help you fix your iPhone loading screen, below are the steps you can follow.
- Go to iCloud.com in your browser to sign in to your iCloud account.
- Next, go to the "Find iPhone" page, then you'll be redirected to a map display. Choose your iPhone and tap "Erase iPhone."
- After that, a pop up menu will appear tap on "Erase" to proceed on the process, once the restoring process is done your device will automatically reboot.
Solution 4: Restore iPhone using DFU Mode
When your iPhone is stuck on a spinning wheel, a hard reset can temporarily cure the problem, but it won't repair the fundamental software issue that created the problem in the first place. If the problem persists, we recommend putting your iPhone into DFU mode. The deepest iPhone restoration is a DFU (device firmware update) restore, which is the ultimate step you may take to totally rule out a software or firmware problem. Every line of code on your iPhone is wiped and reloaded, and the most recent version of iOS is installed. Below are the steps you can follow on how to fix the iPhone stuck on loading screen.
- Plug-in your iPhone on your computer and open iTunes if you have a Mac running macOS Mojave 10.14 or a PC.
- Press and hold the "Sleep" button and "Home" button (iPhone 6s and below) or the "Volume Down" button (iPhone7) at the same time for 8 seconds.
- After that, your screen will turn black and if not, you have to repeat the steps again.
- Once your device enters the DFU Mode a message will pop up on your computer. Hit "OK" to restore your iPhone.
Solution 5: Use an Advanced Tool – AceThinker iOS Sytem Recovery
If you have tried all the solutions above and still have your iPhone stuck on loading screen, then consider an all-inclusive approach. With AceThinker, you can fix all the issues related to iOS devices. This tool supports all types of iOS devices and versions such as iPhone 12, iOS 14, and earlier. Besides, it can also let you recover deleted app on iPhone or any data from your iOS device. Below are the steps you can follow to solve this issue.
Try it for Free
- The first thing you need to do is to download and install AceThinker iOS System Recovery on your computer. Once the installation process is done, run the software and connect your iPhone to your PC using a charging cord.
- From here, wait until the tool recognizes your device then, click the "Start" button to start the restoring process. Your iOS will update to the latest version after the restoring and all the unlocked networks will be relocked.