The iPhone's Emergency SOS mode is a valuable and protective thing for everyone. This feature of the iPhone comes in handy when you're in dangerous situations and can save your life. It can aid you in calling your emergency contacts and sending them your precise current place in an emergency. It does distinguish your current location based on the GPS location data from your iPhone. Besides, if you have a medical emergency, you can also enable a feature above the emergency SOS called "Medical ID." It contains all the medical history you set up, so they can have a basis. As we all know, there is no way to predict issues that may arise at any time. Nevertheless, some users experience the issue of iPhones stuck in Emergency Call mode after they activate this feature. And it would be annoying if your iPhone is stuck in this mode since you can't call anyone besides your emergency contact. Fortunately, we found ways to fix this issue. Find out below why your iPhone is stuck in Emergency SOS Call mode and how to fix it.
What is Emergency SOS?
When an iPhone user is in a dangerous situation and cannot call someone directly, they should hold on to the side and power buttons. This action will activate the iPhone's Emergency SOS mode. Afterward, slide the Emergency SOS to contact your emergency contact. Most significantly, if you change your location after making an emergency call, the recipient will get a text message indicating your new location.
Emergency SOS mode is a feature available to all iPhones; you cannot disable it. Nonetheless, you can turn off the Emergency SOS auto-call feature by going to your iPhone's Settings. From here, go to the Emergency SOS settings, then tick the slider to turn off the auto-call feature. But if you are looking for a solution for emergency alerts iPhone not working, click the link instead.
Why iPhone Stuck in SOS Mode?
Before seeking a solution to the Emergency SOS screen, it's important to understand why your iPhone could be stuck on this screen in the first place. The following are some of the probable causes of this issue:
- This iPhone stuck in SOS mode usually happens when you try to do the task on your smartphone by pressing the Power, Volume Up, and Volume Down keys simultaneously. You may, however, inadvertently hit the wrong buttons. Your phone may become stuck on the emergency SOS screen as a consequence of hitting the wrong keys.
- If you jailbreak or flash your iPhone, it may become stuck in an Emergency SOS mode. This might be due to a bug in the system or an error during the jailbreak process. When this happens, you need to instantly get your iPhone out of emergency mode to prevent further glitches.
Different Methods to Fix iPhone Stuck on SOS Screen
Method 1: Force Restart your Device
A force restart is a hard reset that differs somewhat from a reboot. Your iPhone will be refreshed with a hard restart to resolve specific minor difficulties, such as an iPhone stuck in emergency call mode. The procedures for forcing an iPhone to restart differ depending on the model. So, ensure you have a suitable iPhone model, and then follow the procedures below to fix the iPhone frozen on the SOS screen.
- iPhone 6 series: Hold down the Home and Power (commonly known as Sleep/Wake) buttons together. Release the buttons when you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- iPhone 7 series: Press and hold the Power and Volume down keys at the same time until the Apple logo appears.
- iPhone 8 and later series: Press and hold the Volume up button for a few seconds, then press and hold the Volume down button. Then, before the Apple logo displays, keep holding the Power button.
Method 2: Restore your Device via iTunes
This part will go through how to get the most out of iTunes. It can resolve the iPhone being stuck in Emergency mode and being a media player. In this method, you can recover the last data you stored on iTunes, which means the current data saved on your iPhone may be lost. If you can risk your device's current data and want to see your iTunes backup location, you can follow the instructions below to restore your iPhone using iTunes.
- First, you must launch your iTunes on your PC. Then, use your USB cable to connect your iPhone to your Windows or Mac computer.
- iTunes will automatically identify your device and display it on the interface. After it appears on iTunes' top-left interface, tap on your device to proceed.
- From here, hit the "Summary" options and select "Restore iPhone." Then, iTunes will show another confirmation to restore your device. Once you hit the confirmation message, your device will be restored.
Method 3: Use AceThinker iOS System Recovery
Best for: Fixing any iOS system glitches, including iPhone frozen on emergency SOS with or without backup available.
Supported iOS Device: Mac OS, iPhone 14 Max and earlier versions, iPad mini three up to iPad Pro, and iPod touch 4 to iPod touch 7.
Suppose you have tried the solutions mentioned above to fix this issue, and your iPhone is still stuck on Emergency SOS mode. In this case, a more professional tool is needed. AceThinker iOS System Recovery got your back as it does not let you recover any data; it can also repair any system glitches. It can fix abnormal iOS systems, including iPhone stuck on the loading screen, disabled, iPhone camera shaking, and more. Moreover, it offers two different repair modes to fix iOS system issues: advanced and standard. Standard repair enables you to fix your devices without losing any data. While the advanced mode allows you to repair your iOS device, all your data will be deleted. See the steps below to fix the iPhone stuck on Emergency SOS.
Try it for Free
FAQs about Remove the SOS Notification Error
1. How to stop emergency SOS on iOS?
If you are trying or looking for the quick access and most efficient solution to fix the iPhone, your emergency contacts have been notified; try AceThinker iOS System Recovery. This tool provides a safe and secure option to remove emergency notifications stuck on your iPhone screen. Its intuitive and comprehensive functionalities make the process much more convenient than other technical solutions. That's how to get out of emergency mode on iPhone quickly.
2. What to do if iPhone is stuck on the emergency call screen?
The initial guide to remove this issue is utilizing the AceThinker iOS System Recovery on your PC. Link your iOS device to your computer and run the application. Then, download the firmware and enable the tool to fix the issue quickly. After the process is finalized, check if the error persists.