The iPhone's Emergency SOS mode is a useful and protective thing for everyone. This feature of the iPhone comes in handy when you're in dangerous situations, and it can actually save your life. It can aid you in calling your emergency contacts and sending them your precise current place in the event of an emergency. It does distinguish your current location based on the GPS location data from your iPhone. Besides, if you're having a medical emergency there is also a feature that you can enable right above the emergency SOS called "Medical ID." It contains all the medical history you set up, so they can have a basis. As we all know, there is no way to predict issues that may arise at any time. Nevertheless, some users experience the issue of iPhone stuck in Emergency Call mode after they activate this feature. And it would be annoying if your iPhone is stuck in this mode since you can't call anyone besides your emergency contact. Fortunately, we found ways to fix this issue. Find out below why your iPhone is stuck in Emergency SOS Call mode and the ways to fix it.
What is Emergency SOS and how to activate it?
When an iPhone user is in a dangerous situation and is unable to call someone directly, they should hold on to the side button and one the power button. This action will activate the iPhone's Emergency SOS mode. Afterward, slide the Emergency SOS to contact your emergency contact. Most significantly, if you change your location after making an emergency call, the recipient will get a text message indicating your new location.
Emergency SOS mode is a feature available to all iPhones, and you cannot disable it. Nonetheless, you can turn off the Emergency SOS auto-call feature by going to your iPhone's Settings. From here, go to the Emergency SOS settings, then tick the slider to turn off the auto-call feature.
Why iPhone Stuck in SOS Mode?
Before seeking a solution to the Emergency SOS screen, it's important to understand why your iPhone could be stuck on this screen in the first place. The following are some of the probable causes of this issue:
- This problem usually happens when you try to do the task on your smartphone by pressing the Power, Volume Up, and Volume Down keys at the same time. You may, however, inadvertently hit the wrong buttons. Your phone may become stuck on the emergency SOS screen as a consequence of hitting the wrong keys.
- If you jailbreak or flash your iPhone, it may become stuck in an Emergency SOS mode. This might be due to a bug in the system or an error during the jailbreak process.
Different Methods to Fix iPhone Stuck on SOS Screen
Method 1: Force Restart your Device
A force restart is a hard reset that differs somewhat from a reboot. Your iPhone will be refreshed with a hard restart to resolve certain small difficulties, such as an iPhone stuck in emergency call mode. The procedures for forcing an iPhone to restart are different depending on the model. So, first, make sure you have the right iPhone model, and then follow the procedures below.
- iPhone 6 series: Hold down the Home and Power (commonly known as Sleep/Wake) buttons together. Release the buttons when you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- iPhone 7 series: Press and hold the Power and Volume down keys at the same time until the Apple logo appears.
- iPhone 8 and later series: Press and hold the Volume up button for a few seconds, then press and hold the Volume down button. Then, before the Apple logo displays, keep holding the Power button.
Method 2: Restore your Device via iTunes
In this part, we'll go through how to get the most out of iTunes. It is capable of resolving the iPhone stuck in Emergency mode issue in addition to being a media player. In this method, you can recover the last data you stored on iTunes. This means the current data save on your iPhone may be lost. If you can risk your device's current data, you can follow the instructions below to restore your iPhone using iTunes.
- First, you need to launch your iTunes on your PC. Then, use your USB cable to connect your iPhone to your Windows or Mac computer.
- iTunes will automatically identify your device and display it on the interface. After it appears on iTunes' top-left interface, tap on your device to proceed.
- From here, hit the "Summary" options and select "Restore iPhone." Then, iTunes will show another confirmation to restore your device. Once you hit the confirmation message, your device will be restored.
Method 3: Use a Third-Party Tool-AceThinker iOS System Recovery
Best for: Fixing any iOS system glitches with or without backup available.
Supported iOS Device: iPhone (iPhone 4-iPhone 12 Max), iPad (iPad mini 3-iPad Pro), iPod (iPod touch 4- iPod touch 4)
Suppose you have tried the solutions mentioned above to fix this issue, and your iPhone is still stuck on Emergency SOS mode. In this case, a more professional tool is needed. AceThinker iOS System Recovery got your back as it does not let you recover any data, it is also capable of repairing any system glitches. It can fix abnormal iOS systems including, iPhone stuck on loading screen, disabled, loop restart, and more. Moreover, it offers two different repair modes to fix any iOS system issues the standard and advanced modes. In the standard mode, it enables you to fix your devices without losing any data. While the advanced mode allows you to repair your iOS device but all your data will be deleted. See the steps below to fix the iPhone stuck on Emergency SOS.
Try it for Free
- To start, download AceThinker iOS System Recovery to your computer and click any buttons provided above. Then, run the installation package to install it on your computer. Once done, the tool will automatically launch.
- Next, plug in your iPhone on your computer using a USB cable. After the tool recognizes your device, select the "iOS System Recovery" option and hit the "Start" button.
- Then, choose the repair mode you want to use, if you want to retain your current data tap on the "Standard mode." And if you want to wipe all your data on your current device tap on the "Advanced mode", then click the "Confirm" button.
- From here, the tool will automatically search for compatible firmware for your device. Then, download the firmware, and after the downloading process hit the "Repair iOS system" to fix your iPhone.