The iPhone's Emergency SOS mode is a valuable and protective thing for everyone. This feature of the iPhone comes in handy when you're in dangerous situations and can save your life. It can aid you in calling your emergency contacts and sending them your precise current place in an emergency. It does distinguish your current location based on the GPS location data from your iPhone. Besides, if you have a medical emergency, you can also enable a feature above the emergency SOS called "Medical ID." It contains all the medical history you set up, so they can have a basis. As we all know, there is no way to predict issues that may arise at any time. Nevertheless, some users experience the issue of iPhones stuck in Emergency Call mode after they activate this feature. And it would be annoying if your iPhone is stuck in this mode since you can't call anyone besides your emergency contact. Fortunately, we found ways to fix this issue. Find out below why your iPhone is stuck in Emergency SOS Call mode and how to fix it.
What is Emergency SOS?
When an iPhone user is in a dangerous situation and cannot call someone directly, they should hold on to the side and power buttons. This action will activate the iPhone's Emergency SOS mode. Afterward, slide the Emergency SOS to contact your emergency contact. Most significantly, if you change your location after making an emergency call, the recipient will get a text message indicating your new location.
Emergency SOS mode is a feature available to all iPhones; you cannot disable it. Nonetheless, you can turn off the Emergency SOS auto-call feature by going to your iPhone's Settings. From here, go to the Emergency SOS settings, then tick the slider to turn off the auto-call feature. But if you are looking for a solution for emergency alerts iPhone not working, click the link instead.
Why iPhone Stuck in SOS Mode?
Before seeking a solution to the Emergency SOS screen, it's important to understand why your iPhone could be stuck on this screen in the first place. The following are some of the probable causes of this issue:
- This iPhone stuck in SOS mode usually happens when you try to do the task on your smartphone by pressing the Power, Volume Up, and Volume Down keys simultaneously. You may, however, inadvertently hit the wrong buttons. Your phone may become stuck on the emergency SOS screen as a consequence of hitting the wrong keys.
- If you jailbreak or flash your iPhone, it may become stuck in an Emergency SOS mode. This might be due to a bug in the system or an error during the jailbreak process. When this happens, you need to instantly get your iPhone out of emergency mode to prevent further glitches.
6 Methods to Get Out of SOS Mode on iPhone
Method 1: Use iOS System Recovery to Get iPhone Out of SOS Mode
Best for: Fixing any iOS system glitches, including iPhone frozen on emergency SOS with or without backup available.
Supported iOS Device: Mac OS, iPhone 14 Pro Max, iPhone 14 Pro, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPhone 13 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max, iPhone 12, iPhone 11, iPhone XR, iPhone SE, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6, iPad mini three up to iPad Pro, and iPod touch 4 to iPod touch 7.
The best approach to solve this issue of the iPhone is to use a professional tool. That said, AceThinker iOS System Recovery got your back as it can repair any system glitches. It can fix abnormal iOS systems, including iPhone stuck on the loading screen, disabled iPhone camera shaking and blurry, and more. Moreover, it offers two different repair modes to fix iOS system issues: advanced and standard. Standard repair enables you to fix your devices without losing any data. While the advanced mode allows you to repair your iOS device, all your data will be deleted. See the steps below to fix the iPhone stuck on Emergency SOS.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and Install The SoftwareBefore learning how to get iPhone out of SOS mode, download AceThinker iOS System Recovery first to your computer and click any buttons provided above. Then, run the installation package to install it on your computer. Once done, the tool will automatically launch.
Step 2 Link Your Mobile Phone to Your PCNext, plug your iPhone into your computer using a USB cable. After the tool recognizes your device, select the "iOS System Recovery" option and hit the "Start" button.
Step 3 Choose Mode of RepairThen, choose the repair mode you want to use; if you want to retain your current data, tap on the "Standard mode." And if you want to wipe all your data on your current device, tap on the "Advanced mode," then click the "Confirm" button.
Step 4 Final ResultFrom here, the tool will automatically search for compatible firmware for your device. Then, download the firmware, and after the downloading process, hit the "Repair iOS system" to fix your iPhone.
Method 2: Force Restart your Device
A force restart is a hard reset that differs somewhat from a reboot. Your iPhone will be refreshed with a hard restart to resolve specific minor difficulties, such as an iPhone stuck in emergency call mode. The procedures for forcing an iPhone to restart differ depending on the model. So, ensure you have a suitable iPhone model, and then follow the procedures below to fix the iPhone frozen on the SOS screen.
- iPhone 6 series: Hold down the Home and Power (commonly known as Sleep/Wake) buttons together. Release the buttons when you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- iPhone 7 series: Press and hold the Power and Volume down keys at the same time until the Apple logo appears.
- iPhone 8 and later series: Press and hold the Volume up button for a few seconds, then press and hold the Volume down button. Then, before the Apple logo displays, keep holding the Power button.
Method 3: Restore your Device via iTunes
This part will go through how to get the most out of iTunes. It can resolve the iPhone being stuck in Emergency mode and being a media player. In this method, you can recover the last data you stored on iTunes, which means the current data saved on your iPhone may be lost. If you can risk your device's current data and want to see your iTunes backup location, you can follow the instructions below to restore your iPhone using iTunes.
- First, you must launch your iTunes on your PC. Then, use your USB cable to connect your iPhone to your Windows or Mac computer.
- iTunes will automatically identify your device and display it on the interface. After it appears on iTunes' top-left interface, tap on your device to proceed.
- From here, hit the "Summary" options and select "Restore iPhone." Then, iTunes will show another confirmation to restore your device. Once you hit the confirmation message, your device will be restored.
Method 4: Update iPhone in Recovery Mode Using iTunes
Another way to resolve this issue using iTunes is to update the iPhone in Recovery Mode. The Recovery Mode in your iPhone is Apple's built-in tool to help you deal with some software issues. If you update your iPhone in Recovery Mode, this issue will likely be resolved. Here's how to do it.
- First, connect your device to your Mac computer and launch the iTunes app. Then, use the steps of force restarting your iPhone and keep your device connected to your computer. Next, follow the procedure below to fix the issue on your iPhone.
- iPhone 6s or Earlier Models: Press and hold the "Home" button and the "Power" button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" logo.
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: Press and hold the "Power" button and the "Volume Down" button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" logo.
- iPhone 8 and Latest Versions: Press the "Volume Up" button and release. Next, immediately press the "Volume Down" button and release. Then, press and hold the "Power" button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" logo.
- Then, a prompt will appear on your screen. Click on the "Update" button and wait until your iPhone is back up and running. Also, this method does not erase your data.
Method 5: Turn Off and Recharge Your iPhone
When your device is stuck in SOS emergency status, it might be battery low, or there are some bugs lurking on its battery feature. What needs to be done when this error occurs is to try to turn off your device and recharge it. Additionally, when your device is at a lower battery percentage, Low Power Mode might be automatically enabled, which will lead to most iPhone functions being restricted. When system bugs are present, then it can make your device stuck in an emergency SOS, so it is recommended to turn it off. Then, recharge it properly until it fully replenishes its battery percentage. Follow the guide below on how to turn off your device and charge it.
- What you need to do to turn off your device is to use the power button to fully turn off your device. Press and continue to hold the power button on the left side of your device to access mini tools for your iPhone. There will be an option to turn off your device.
- Then, hit the button to fully turn off your device. Please be mindful not to turn on your device again. You need to recharge it.
- Finally, to charge your device, use your lightning cable to connect to the power supply. Wait for the device to fully charge. Afterward, restart the device by pressing the Power button once more.
Method 6: Seek for Professional Assistance
Another troubleshooting you can do to fix your device stuck in SOS emergency alert is to seek professional help. There might be a hardware component on your device that results in this error. You can always check the nearest Apple Support Center to seek assistance from their specialist. They can assess what is going on with your device and will provide accurate answers and resolutions. If your area does not have the nearest Apple Support Center, you can always create a request online and ship your device to enable them to resolve it. You can access their website to create a ticket or appointment for your inquiry. Additionally, you can also estimate the cost of the repair for your device as they provide a function to do that. Please be mindful and expect that the repair process is costly.
FAQs about Remove the SOS Notification Error
All the solutions listed above are about fixing the iPhone stuck in emergency mode. Try all the solutions until you find the right solution to fix this issue. However, if you want to solve the problem 100%, we recommend using the AceThinker iOS System Recovery. This program lets you recover any data on your device, fix some glitches, fix abnormal iOS systems, and more. If you have other issues facing on your device, you can extend your reading here.
- It can resolve various problems such as being stuck in DFU mode, lines on the screen, black screen, etc.
- You can return your iOS devices to their normal function in just a minute.
- 100% safe and secure