Apple provides some fantastic features to its users, and Facetime is among the unique features provided by Apple. Free audio and video calls on Facetime keep people together. However, sometimes things are not on your side, and you can face Facetime not working on iPhone issues. This issue is frustrating because the same account on other devices works fine. So, when you cannot use Facetime on your iPhone, there could be convenience or privacy issues. The only method to solve all these issues is to look for ways to get your Facetime working again on your iPhone. There is a straightforward fix that can get things done for you most of the time. The significant part is that you do not have to do many complex things, as simply tweaking settings or restarting the phone can get the job done.
The Best Solution to Fix Facetime Not Working on iPhone
There could be several reasons why Facetime is not working on your iPhone. So, here we have sorted out all of the possible fixes that you can try out.
1. Check your Network Connectivity
First things first, Facetime needs a good network connection. There are significant changes of getting Facetime not connecting issues because of some lousy network. It can also be why the facetime video is not working issue is always coming up. So, checking the network connectivity is the best solution to this issue.
- No matter what type of network connection you are using, you need to disconnect from it and reconnect. In a Wi-Fi network, you can also forget and rejoin it. In the case of a sim card turning cellular data off and on may help.
- If things are still not performing out, you need to find alternative ways of connecting to the internet. It means that you need to go for some other Wi-Fi network or some other cellular data sim.
- If things are still not working for you, you need to put your phone on airplane mode and turn off Wi-Fi. Wait for a few minutes and then get everything back to normal. If you had network issues, doing so will probably solve the issue.
2. Try Signing Out and Signing In
Sometimes, an account authentication error does not allow you to use Facetime. It is also a common reason for facetime calls failed and FaceTime connection issues.
- Launch the Settings app of your iPhone and look for the Facetime option. You can also use the search feature in the settings application to search for Facetime.
- Once you are in Facetime settings, you need to go to the Apple ID option and tap on sign out. Once you are signed out, you can move to the next step.
- The last thing is to tap on this option and enter your Apple ID credentials. When you sign in successfully, your Facetime not connecting on iPhone issues will probably be solved.
3. Check for Compatibility
Compatibility issues can be a huge reason for your device's Facetime not available issues. There is not much that you need to do apart from ensuring that everything is up to date and compatible.
- Check if there is some software update pending. Most of the time, the Facetime version is not compatible with the software version, and you need to update that. Going in the settings application and searching for software updates will let you know if there is a need to update your software or not.
- One of the worst things about Facetime is that it is not compatible with every country. So, there are significant changes that you moved to some country, and your Facetime stopped working. In this case, you need to do some facetime troubleshooting.
- First, go to Apple Support website.
- There will be a list of countries where Facetime is compatible. Look if your country is among that list of compatible countries. If your country is not compatible, you can only use Facetime using a VPN.
4. Check the Date and Time of Your Device
If your Facetime keeps freezing or you face Facetime not connecting issues, then it means that you may have date and time issues. If the date or time is not right, Facetime does not work as it should. So, here is what you need to do to solve the Facetime not connecting issue.
- Open the settings application and go to General. You can also search for General for ease.
- In general, look for the Date and Time option and tap on it.
- Turn the Set Automatic option on. You will most probably get the issue solved if this was the issue why you were facing the Facetime not connecting issue.
5. Restart Your iPhone to Fix the Issue
One old-school way to solve the software issues is to restart the device. Going with force restart can be even better, and here is what you need to do. This process is also effective when you experience iPhone notifications not working issues.
- First, press the volume up button. Then press and release it quickly and move to the next step.
- Now, press the volume down button, and you need to press and release it quickly and move to the next step.
- Quickly press the power/side button and keep holding it until you see the Apple Logo. Once you see the logo, you can get the power/side button and wait for the phone to start.
- After you have done all of this, your phone will have Facetime not connecting or Facetime video not working issue is resolved.
Facetime is an important feature that only comes in Apple devices. It is also the application that has made most Apple users habitual to it because of the call quality. However, it can be frustrating if you face Facetime not connecting or Facetime video not working issues. So, suppose you face any Facetime not connecting or Facetime video not working issues. In that case, you need to make sure that you get that solved as soon as possible as it will not require anything complex or unique, and a simple thing can get this issue fixed for you most of the time.