Technology is the most innovative and valuable creation that humans have discovered. Technological breakthroughs compel different businesses and services to be more beneficial for society. One of its significant advancements is cloud-based storage. These cloud-based storages allow users to store and make backups for their files. iCloud is one of the popular storage most people use nowadays. This platform is a cloud computing service that Apple Inc has developed. It was launched last October 12, 2011, and since then, it has garnered over 800 million users that possess the iOS device. It serves as a data syncing center for different multimedia files, including contacts, email, videos, and photos. This process means most Apple users utilize this service to store and backup their files. Yet, this service is not always in a suitable condition. Glitches and errors sometimes occur in its services. One notable error is unable to restore or backup the media files in its platform. Therefore, this article collected better ways to restore data from iCloud with detailed walkthroughs. See them below.
How to Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup - The Official Way
iCloud provides an official way to restore the data that you have on your iPhone. There are two ways to restore media files on your iCloud. You can retrieve the iCloud backup for a new iPhone and an iPhone in use. Below is the official walkthrough on how to restore iPhone from iCloud backup.
User guide on how to restore iCloud backup to new iPhone
- First, you need to backup your iPhone files to iCloud by hovering over your iPhone Settings. Then, go to Your Name and access iCloud. From there, tap the Back Up Now to restore all your media files.
- Then, go to your new iPhone then follow the on-screen instructions. After that, access the App & Data on your screen. Once you have accessed the App & Data function, tap on the Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Lastly, go to your settings and sign in to your Apple ID. Once you have signed in, make your way to the backup file and select the media files that you want to restore.
User guide to restore from iCloud backup
Keep in mind that retrieving from iCloud backup can only be processed through the iOS setup assistant. This walkthrough can only be done during the iPhone setup process. Therefore, to restore some content from iCloud backup, you have to erase your iPhone files to set it up again. Follow the guidelines provided below to restore iPhone from iCloud.
- To begin, go to your Settings and access the General option. From there, tap the Reset function to access the Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Next, when the power turns on again, follow the on-screen instructions to begin the setup process.
- Then, when you get to the App and Data screen, select the Restore from the iCloud Backup option.
- Lastly, sign in your Apple ID and Password to proceed with the process. Afterward, the iPhone device will begin resaving all the data, applications, contact, and more.
Selectively Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup Without Reset
Distinctive Feature: This enables users to recover lost and deleted photos, messages, videos, contact, and more.
What is it Best For?: This application is suitable for users who lost their phone or accidentally wiped out all their iPhone data due to Jailbreak. This tool enables users to recover them quickly.
Fone Keeper- iOS Data Recovery is a one-stop solution to recover and restore all lost data in your iPhone Device. Whether you have lost files, pictures, songs, and contacts, this tool will provide a quick solution. It is equipped with different modes for different scenarios. For restoring iCloud backup files, iOS Data Recovery will aid you. It comes with three functions and a recovery process. These include recovery from iOS Device, Recover from iTunes Backup File, and Recover from iCloud. What is more, this tool can restore iPhone and iPad Data in various scenarios. Some are accidental deletion, stolen devices, water damage, system crash, and others. If you are unable Underneath is a detailed process on how to restore photos from iCloud with this tool.
- It enables users to recover iCloud files even without resetting their iPhones.
- This utility is compatible with Windows and Mac devices.
- It supports all the newest iPhone, iPad, and iPod models. These include iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad Air, iPod touch 6, and more.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Install the iCloud Recovery Tool
To begin, you need to download the Fone Keeper - iOS Data Recovery tool by AceThinker. Click the download button presented above to get its installer. Then, run the installer on your device and finish through the wizards. Once done, launch the tool to familiarize its interface.
Step 2 Connect Your iPhone Device to Your PC
Next, make your iPhone connected to your personal computer to sync the application to your device. It is recommended to use the iTunes account to quickly connect your iPhone device to the app’s system. Then, go back to the tool to access its iOS Data Recovery option.
Step 3 Restore From iCloud Backup Without Reset
Afterward, on iOS Data Recovery, you can see three different functions to recover your iPhone data. Select the Recover from the iCloud function to connect your iCloud account to its system. Then, the tool will require you to log in to your iCloud account. Once you have input the needed information, two-way authentication is required. Go back to your iPhone device and look for the code needed to access your files. Insert the six-digit code to access all your data and media files.
Step 4 Recover Your Media Files
Then, after you have successfully authenticated its access, the tool will provide you with a list of data that you can restore. These include photos, contacts, notes, and attachments, or choose the iCloud Backup. From there, you can tick the Start button to initiate the process.
Step 5 Choose the Files to Restore
Lastly, select the data and files you want to retrieve. Once you choose the data to restore, select the Recover options to resave the files. You can double-check if the data that you restored is on your iPhone.