The ability where you can delete all photos from iPhone and iPad is valuable, and the good thing is that it's easy to accomplish! For many users, the iPhones and iPads get stuffed with images, and cleaning them off is the only way to free some space. If you want to delete random photos and screenshots that you've already backed up, you can wipe all your photos on the iPhone (or iPad) with only a couple of steps. Let's find out how to get rid of unwanted photos one by one or bulk delete photos from iPhones or iPad in 2022.
How to Delete a Photo from iPhone or iPad?
You have two options you can erase a photo from your iPhone. In the Photos app, navigate to the Album in which your image is. Hold and press on the photo you wish to remove and select to delete it from the Library in the pop-up menu: Alternately, you can tap Select in the upper right corner of your album screen. Tap every photo you wish to erase separately:
- Click the trash icon to close.
- After that, your deleted files will be placed in your Recently Deleted folder, from which they will be permanently deleted after an interval of the grace period.
- If you'd like to delete photos from iOS, the procedure is similar to opening your Photos app, then pressing and holding on to the image you'd like to remove, and then clicking to delete it from the Library. Please select one or more images and click the trash icon on the bottom right corner of your screen to erase them.
How to Delete All Photos on iPhone?
Apple has stopped allowing users to select automatically 'All Photos to delete them. However, there's a simple method to choose and delete them all, which will take less than a couple of minutes. But to ensure you won't delete any important images, it's better to backup iPhone photos with your cloud.
Step 1 Open Photos
Start the Photos app. Under the Library tab, choose the All Pictures tab from the navbar towards the bottom of your screen. Select at the top of the screen.
Step 2 Delete Photos
From the picture on the right-bottom, swiftly slide your finger to the left towards the photo on the left and then straight upwards towards the very top. There will be checks marked in blue appearing on every photo. Then, you'll gradually select each image from your Library. Please do not hold your finger for too long or swipe it in a straight upward direction; this could result in you moving the image instead of selecting the photo. To make things easier, utilize the other hand and move downwards continuously. This allows you to select hundreds of images within a matter of minutes. Once you've selected all of your Library, click the trash icon at the bottom left and select 'Delete X photos.
Step 3 Clear Recently Deleted Folder
Click on to open the album tab, and then scroll to Utilities to locate deleted photos. After that, tap select and scroll to highlight each image. Tap the delete all button in the left-hand corner, then select Delete Photo X to delete them permanently.
How to Delete All Photos from Your iPhone using a Mac?
If you're seeking a method to remove all images from your iPhone quickly, this part of the article is for you. You can also bulk delete iPhone photos by using the Mac. The steps needed to do it are as follows:
- Make sure you connect your iPhone to your Mac and verify that you can have confidence in the device.
- Open the Finder > Application > Image Capture.
- Choose your iPhone from the Devices menu of Image Capture.
- Choose all pictures by pressing the command + A.
- Select the circle at the end of the page; Image Capture.
- Review the pop-up confirmation message and then confirm the deletion.
The Final Verdict
If you're looking for ways to remove photos individually, delete multiple photos on iPhone, or wish to know how to erase all pictures on an iPhone. Here, we have provided different methods to do all of this in the simplest possible manner. With the help of the above-mentioned ways, now you will be able to quickly delete all photos from your iPhone.