Communication is a significant factor in obtaining healthy social awareness. Humans are very sociable beings; as they say in a quote, "No man is an island." We always try to get or keep in touch with our relatives, friends, colleagues, and our "inamorata." This is plausible with the help of smartphones and contacts. Saving contact numbers of our loved ones is essential; we cannot memorize all of the contact details of the people around us. The new devices that emerged today allow end-users to save multiple contact numbers that they want. One of the leading smartphones that can do that is the iPhone. This device allows users to save their contacts on its internal storage. This feature is good, but it might lose your contacts once your iPhone gets glitched or has a system problem. Thus, it is mandatory to educate yourself on how to backup phone numbers on iPhone. We have curated four ways to perform this method.
Possible Reasons Why Your iPhone Contacts Disappear
Unexpected eradication of your iPhone contacts is not a common thing. Backing up is good, but knowing the reason is much better. So, below are the possible causes why you need to backup your contacts.
- Unexpected power off and on of your device.
- Users forget to sync iPhone to iCloud after a software update.
- Although not a common cause, jailbreaking may delete your iPhone contacts.
- Spontaneous restarting of your device.
How to Backup iPhone Contacts to iCloud
iCloud is one of the most obvious ways to save and backup any files on your iPhone. This service is well known to most iPhone users due to its inbuilt function on iPhone settings. So for users who want to have a backup on their contacts if they lose their phone or it get smashed on the floor, iCloud service is the best option. It provides 5GB of free storage dedicated for its patrons. Therefore, users can insert and add contact details on this cloud-based storage as many contacts as they want .See the below walkthrough to know how to backup iPhone contacts to iCloud.
- The initial guide to perform the iPhone contact backup is by going on your Settings app. Then access your Apple, which is at the top of the list of the Setting’s functions. If there is a need or prompt, sign with your Apple ID first.
- Then, locate and tap the iCloud to access different functions. From there, tap the Contacts function to switch its slider on. If needed, select to Merge contacts with iCloud.
- Eventually, go to the iCloud Backup app and turn on its button to enable its feature. Tap the Back UP Now function and wait for the process to complete.
How to Backup iPhone Contacts to Google
Google also provides an additional method to backup your contacts on your iPhone. Its functions, such as Google contacts, allow users to save phone numbers on Google service. This contact management service can save and backup up to 25 000 numbers. To know the process of saving iOS contacts on this platform, read through the steps below.
- The initial step is to install the 3rdPARTYGoogle Drive app on your iPhone device since Google Drive is not pre-installed on every iOS device.
- Then, launch the drive and access the Menu icon on the left part of the Google Drive. Then tap the Settings function and access Backup functions.
- Lastly, there will be three options to backup; one of these options is contacts. Tap it to access its slider to enable its function and hit the Start Backup.
How to Backup iPhone Contacts to Gmail
Another solution that you can try to back up your contacts is by using Gmail. The settings of the iPhone give a better way to aid users in syncing their iPhone contacts to Gmail. The process does not need to install any application on your device. This process is also favorable for users who want to transfer their iPhone contacts to different devices. Look below to acquire knowledge on how to backup iPhone contacts to Gmail.
- On your home screen, access the Settings app and make way to the Password & Account option.
- From there, tap the Add Accounts and go to the Google option. Enter and log in to your Gmail account and hit next.
- Then pass through different wizards and verification until you make way to the Save button. After that, turn on Contact Sync and hit Save once more to enable the function.
How to Backup iPhone Contacts to PC
What is it Best For?: It is suitable for users who need to save their backup contacts on their personal computers.
Compatible iOS Versions: iOS 15, iOS 14, iOS 13, iOS 12, iOS 11, iOS 10.3, iOS 10, iOS 9, iOS 8, and iOS 7.
If the above ways did not meet your standard, AceThinker iOS Data Backup & Recover would suit you better. It provides a complete and total-package process to backup your contact files on your PC. This process is possible to scan every contact file on your iPhone device and allow you to have a safe backup. Additionally, it allows you to view all personal files on your device. Thus, you can select and choose the specific contact file you want to save. Alternatively, you can also select all the data you have to back up on your computer. You can also backup iPhone video on this tool. As long as the iPhone device is connected to this tool, syncing your data files will not lose any data on your iPhone. Furthermore, you can save multiple backup files on your computer, as there is no limitation on the number of backups that you can have. Importantly, it won't overwrite your computer's previous backup that you have stored. To know how to take backup of contacts in iPhone using this tool, see the procedure below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Install the iPhone Contact Backup Tool
To begin with, the process of backup iPhone contacts, install AceThinker iOS Data Backup & Restore on your computer. Hit the download button presented before this step to get its installer. Then, run the file and finish through its installation wizards and prompts. Once it is done, launch the tool to familiarize yourself and get acquainted with its process.
Step 2 Choose the Backup Mode
The next step is to link your iPhone to your computer. Use your lightning cable to perform the process. Once it is connected, access the iOS Data Backup function. There are two modes that you can choose; Standard Backup and Encrypted Backup. Standard backup can give you quick access to your media files. Nevertheless, Encrypted Backup enables you to attach a password or security code to the file for additional protection.
Step 3 How to Backup My Contacts on iPhone
Once you have chosen a mode, the tool will give you complete access to your files. Untick the unnecessary files you need to get rid of and focus only on the contact files. Tick the Contact option under Message & Attachments options. Then hit the Next option to instigate the process.
Step 4 Finish and Locate the Backup Contacts
Finally, wait for the process to finish and locate your files on the designated output folder that you have chosen. When you utilize the Encrypted Mode, the file will automatically ask for the password that you have attached to your backup files to access it.