iMessage is undoubtedly an excellent feature, and it usually doesn't need an immediate response, as does a phone call. The reason it's more practical is that the messages will be stored automatically on your iPhone to allow you to read them and recall your past or use the messages as proof. If you're using iMessage, you've likely many memories saved on your computer and iPhone. How would you respond if you lost all the messages? If you don't backup iMessages to iCloud, you risk losing them. Let's look at ways how to backup iPhone messages to iCloud?
How to Backup iMessage to iCloud?
It is possible to back up every kind of data you want to iCloud, from photos to contacts to backup text messages to iCloud. In the cloud, all data is safe and accessible anytime.
- Go to your Settings app on your iPhone.
- Touch the Name in the upper left corner to access the Apple ID page.
- Then, on the Apple ID page, tap the iCloud.
- Scroll towards the Messages section within the Apps using the iCloud section and then tap the switch to change it from gray to green.
- Your files will now be saved to iCloud. Ensure you have enough cloud storage space and consider purchasing storage If you require it.
- To access your messages in iCloud, you can sign in via the iCloud website using the details of your Apple ID or follow the instructions below to transfer all your data to your Mac using iCloud.
Backup iMessages by Syncing iPhone with Mac
You can transfer data between your iPhone and Mac through iCloud to ensure that both devices can transmit and read text messages from your mobile number.
- On your Mac, launch your Messages application. In the toolbar near the high point of your screen, select "Messages" and then select Preferences... in the drop-down. Select the message tab in the upper right in the pop-up window. For older Macs, it could be named Accounts instead. If you haven't linked your messages previously, you sign in, you'll have to sign in with the Apple ID and password.
- Once signed in, select the checkbox next to enable your account and then the box next to Enable Messages in iCloud. Go to the General tab, then select the drop-down menu next to Keep messages. You can keep messages up to 30 days a year, or even forever.
- Then, open the Settings app on your iPhone. Then, on the primary Settings screen, go to the bottom then click messages. On the Messages page in your iPhone's Settings app, tap forwarding text messages. The next page will show you a list of the devices to which your iCloud account is linked. Press the toggle button on your Mac's right side, and it will change from green to grey. If your messages do not automatically sync, again to your Settings page on the Mac system's Messages application. Then, under the iMessage tab, select "Sync Now."
Pro Tip: How to Backup iMessage/Messages without iCloud
The issue with all kinds of backup systems is that they won't be able to restore in a specific way. It is either necessary to restore the entire backup or discard the whole concept of text restoration. A third-party application known as AceThinker iOS Data Backup & Restore is packed with exciting features that will enable you to backup messages on iPhone without iTunes or iCloud. Another compelling feature is the option to recover files selectively. It can restore files selectively from any backup and save messages to iCloud. This is one of the many reasons why so many people are using this software when it's necessary to restore backups.
- AceThinker iOS Data Backup & Restore is the ideal alternative to iTunes and can restore and save iPhone data.
- You can create a full copy of the backup on your iOS device or just of Notes, WhatsApp Contacts, and Photos with a click of a button.
- You can save multiple backup files since there's no limit to your backups. The new backup file will not overwrite previous backups.
- It's compatible with almost every Windows or Mac version and is rapid and efficient.
Try it for Free.
Step 1 Install the Software
Install and open AceThinker. Select the menu that says iOS Data Backup and Restore. This will bring you to the interface for the program.
Step 2 Connect the Computer
You'll need to select either iOS Data Restore or iOS Data Backup. In this case, we choose iOS Data Backup as the instance. Once you have completed this step, the device must have been connected to the computer. There are two choices for backup that are available, and these are Standard Backup and Encrypted Backup.
Step 3 Select your Files
After selecting the type of file, click next. Select the folder in which the backup is saved. Once you've done this, the program will start to back up your data instantly.
Step 4 Backup your Data
After clicking the OK button, the backup will appear on the screen. You need to click it on to see the information you've backed up. Also, it is possible to have data restored selectively on one of the devices. It's going to depend on your requirements.
We hope now you have a clear idea about how to backup messages to iCloud? We recommend using the AceThinker Fone Keeper tool for your iCloud backup text messages. It allows you to selectively back up data, which is very convenient and saves time.