When it comes to DVD ripping, one of the essential things to understand is that DVD ripping and copying are both the same things; hence, some key differences are noted. Meaning, copying is duplicating the entire DVDs to another device bit by bit without losing the DVD file's original quality. Besides, ripping enables you to convert only some of the files on a disk. Meanwhile, there are instances that you stored tons of DVDs in your room, and you are thinking of collecting and protecting them from damage, or maybe you want to watch episodes or the latest DVD movies, but you don't have time to stay at home for enjoyment. With that, ripping DVDs is the best and most effective way to copy episodes from DVD. Here are the best and simple DVD ripper programs for Windows and Mac computers that will help you rip episodes from DVD to the most famous video files to play on multiple devices such as mobile devices.
Best DVD Ripper to Rip Episodes from DVD
Available Platforms: Windows and Mac
Price: $29.95 per year
If you are searching for the best and simple DVD ripper, then Acethinker Video Master Premium is one of the great choices. It is an all-in-one DVD ripper that supports an easy to use interface wherein you can perfectly rip individual episodes from DVD in just a few clicks. Also, it converts several types of DVDs such as DVD-R to various video file formats, including MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, FLV, WebM, WMA, and a lot more. Besides converting and ripping, you have an option to customize your videos by using its editing features such as adding effects, optimize brightness and contrasts, remove video noise, upscale resolution, and more. Plus, it has a video compression function wherein you can compress your videos to make them in a smaller file size. To fully understand how to rip DVDs using this software, read the detailed methods mentioned below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Set-up the Video Master Premium on your pc
First of all, you have to get the tool's installer by clicking one of the "Download" buttons provided above, open it and read the installation guide to ultimately save the software on your computer. Once done, launch it to access the main interface of the tool.
Step 2 Configure the settings of the tool
To rip the DVD TV series in better quality, you have to customize the tool's settings. Hit the "Triple-dots" icon that you can see at the upper right part of the interface and click "Preferences" to see all the software's settings options. Since we want to rip DVDs, we will select the "Ripper" panel and change the settings according to your preferences. Click "OK" to save changes.
Step 3 Load a DVD file
From here, select the "Ripper" option from the upper part of the interface and click the "Load DVD" button that you can see from the upper left corner of the interface, and browse a DVD file from your computer. It's either you load DVD, load DVD ISO, or load DVD folder.
Step 4 Start rip episodes from DVD
Once the DVD is loaded, you can now start ripping it. Click the "drop-down" menu beside the "Rip All to" icon to see all the available video file formats. In our case, we will select "MP4" since MP4 can be played on most media player software. After that, hit the "Rip All" button located at the bottom right part of the interface to start the ripping process.
Step 5 Play or preview the converted video
Wait for a few minutes until the ripping process is done. Then, go to the "Ripper" tab and click the "Folder" button located at the bottom part of the interface, and an additional window will appear, showing all the converted videos. From here, right-click the filename and hit "Open" to preview the final output.
Alternative Tools to Rip Episodes from DVD
Available Platforms: Windows, Mac and Linux
One of the open-source and easy to use rippers that you can use is Handbrake. It is perfectly a Blu-ray ripper wherein you can rip tv series DVD to episode files anytime you want. It works well in several DVDs like DVD-R, DVD+R DL, regional DVD, homemade DVD, and many more. Plus, it supports many video file formats, including MP4, AVI, MOV, etc. Besides ripping, you can also do clever things using this tool, such as adding subtitles to episodes, converting videos, and more. Here are the simple steps on how to rip episodes from DVD.
- Visit the official site of the tool and click the "Download" button to save the tool on your computer.
- Hit the "Source" option located at the upper left part of the interface and select "DVD/VIDEO" and choose your preferred folder from the options provided and hit "OK." After that, click the "Add to Queue" button from the upper part of the interface and add more episodes that you wish to rip.
- Next, click the "Start" button from the upper right corner of the interface to begin the ripping process.
- Once done, the converted videos will automatically be saved on your computer. Select your desired folder and right-click the filename, and hit "open" to play the video.
Available Platforms: Windows and Mac
Price: $54.99 per year
The last DVD ripper alternative that we recommend you to use is DVDFab. It became one of the most flexible and powerful DVD rippers that let you rip, burn, and copy DVD files to different platforms, including computers and laptops. With the help of its easy and intuitive user interface, you can quickly backup any DVDs to DVDR or even on a hard drive in just a few clicks. Aside from that, it offers many video file formats like AVI, MP4, MKV, and more. So with that, we will show you the process of how to rip tv shows from DVD; check them out below.
- Download and install the tool on your pc by visiting the program's official site and clicking the "Download" link provided. After that, launch the DVDFab and load the first DVD in the series set; the tool will automatically open the DVD source.
- Next, click the "Check" button at the upper right part of the interface and check the default output if it's a DVD folder. Then, choose the "DVD to DVD" option from the drop-down menu and make the default output to the DVD folder.
- From here, hit the "Full Disc" button located at the left part of the interface to see the DVD file that you want to rip. Then, click the "Start" button to start the ripping process.
- Wait for a few minutes until the ripping process is done, then a window will pop-up notifying the ripping process is completed. Hit the "Finish" button and play the video.
|Function||Video Master Premium||HandBrake||DVDFab|
|Supports Subtitles||SRT, SSA,||SSA, SRT||SUB,SSA|
|Play HQ Videos?||420p, 1080p, 4K and 8K quality||420p, 1080p||1080p|
|Editing Features Available||3D maker, adjust the brightness, add effects||add subtitles, crop and resize video, restore old quality||Increase video resolution, remove noise background|
|Available DVD files||DVD-R, DVD+R L, DVD-R DL, regional DVD, homemade DVD, and more.||DVD-R/RW, DVD+R/RW, 99 Title DVD||99 Title DVD, DVD+R DL, DVD-R DL|