There are many instances when you may need to rip audio from DVD. For example, you want to listen to the DVD music on your MP3 players on the go. Or you simply prefer to digitalize your DVD collection to MP3 for long-time and convenient preservation & backup. There are many software that can help you convert DVD to audio files. However not all work well. With that in mind, we have founded some interesting and easy solutions to extract audio from DVDs without any hassle. Check and convert DVD to MP3, WMA, FLAC, OGG, and more!
Best 3 DVD Audio Extractors to Rip Audio from DVD
1. Acethinker Video Master Premium
Operating System: Windows and Mac
One of the most reliable software that will let you rip audio from DVD and save it as MP3 is called Acethinker Video Master Premium. It supports many file formats to choose from, including MP4, AVI, MOV, MKV, FLV, etc. It also offers a DVD ripper wherein you can copy the video and save it on your PC. Aside from that, it has an intuitive user-interface, which you can easily find its buttons for ripping DVDs. Besides ripping, you can also use this tool to convert several videos and enhance them by using its editing features like adding effects.
Try it for Free
- It can merge multiple videos into one file before converting and save it on your PC.
- It has 3D maker wherein you can use it on your videos.
- You can use this tool to compress your video files to the proper size that you desired.
- There is a little bit delay when ripping multiple files.
- Its trial period is too short.
2. VLC Media Player
Operating System: Windows, Mac and Linux
You can also use another powerful tool to rip sound from DVD and save it into MP3 named VLC. It is a free and open-source streaming media server and a cross-platform media player that is developed by the VideoLAN project. It is compatible with most used formats like MP3, MP4, and more. Furthermore, this tool works with no ads and spyware through a series of platforms like Windows. Aside from that, this tool has a complete feature-set over the video, audio, and subtitle synchronization. In addition to this, you can preview multimedia files like Audio CDs, DVDs, and various streaming protocols with better quality. Here is the easiest way to use this tool.
- It lets you to install extensions for more features.
- You can stream several videos from this tool.
- There is a crash when replaying the video.
Operating System: Windows, Mac and Linux
Handbrake is a video transcoder available for Linux, Mac, and Windows that everyone can use HandBrake to make videos for free. It helps you process the most common multimedia files like DVD or Blu Ray that can't contain any copy protection. It also supports an easy-to-use interface that you can rip soundtrack from DVD with just a few clicks. Apart from that, it can be used for converting videos and enhance them using its editing features like applying effects and more. Besides, it consists of numerous qualities such as 480p up to 1080p from its general preset. Meanwhile, we will show you the simple methods of how this tool works.
- It will not affect its original quality.
- When it comes to conversion, it allows you to crop the video that you wish to convert.
- It supports of fast ripping process.
- It can’t rip copyrighted audios.
How to Rip DVD to MP3 with Video Master Premium
Acethinker Video Master Premium is recommended as the best DVD audio ripper to help you convert DVD to MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC and also popular video formats. Aside from its ripping features, you can use it to enhance your videos with the use of its editing features such as adding filters, subtitles, and many more. To fully understand how to use this tool, read the detailed methods provided below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Configure the Software on Your Computer
To utilize this software, click one of the “Download” buttons provided above to get its installer. Launch it and follow the easy steps provided to save the tool on your computer. After that, open the tool on your computer to access its main interface.
Step 2 Import DVD
From here, you can import files from the DVD by clicking the “Plus” icon that you can see at the center of the interface. Or, click the “Load DVD” icon located at the left part of the tool to add a file.
Step 3 Start Ripping Audio from DVD
Once the file is added, select the “MP3” format from the drop-down menu of the “Rip All to” icon that you can see at the interface's upper right portion. After that, you have to click the “Rip All” button located at the bottom right corner of the tool to rip the audio from the DVD and save it as MP3.
Step Listen to the Ripped Audio
Once done, the software will save the ripped MP3 to its default output folder. Click the “Folder” icon beside the MP3 file to see its file location. Then, right-click the “File” and select “Play” to listen.
How to Choose a great DVD to Audio Converter
In this section, we’ll show you the importance of choosing the best DVD to audio converter. Nowadays, there are numerous solutions to search online. However, if you choose the inappropriate software you use to rip audio to DVD, you might find it difficult to operate the software, it will take more time to finish the ripping process. So, to get excellent yet simple rip audio to DVD, we will give you some tips. Read them below.
- First, make sure that the tool that you are looking for an intuitive user-interface to easily operate the tool.
- Second, the software shall be powered by fast ripping features so that the audio can be extracted from a DVD or BluRay quickly to lessen your precious time.
- Third, the tool must retain 100% original audio quality of DVD so that you can enjoy using the tool. Also, you have to look for a converter that can trim audio length. Plus, in case you want to choose a certain audio track of DVD to rip, you must consider a tool wherein you can choose an audio track.
- Last but not least, many copyrighted DVDs can be seen online during these days, so make sure that you will choose a ripped DVD under copyright protection. Please keep in mind that it is against the law to rip copyrighted DVDs on any occasion, so it is better to consult the local law and relative regulation to determine the tool is under copyright protection.
Additional Tips: How to Copy Music From a DVD
Just in case you want to copy some music on your DVD for better listening, follow the simple steps on how you copy your music files straight from the DVD right on to your computer. Just keep reading.
- Open the disc drive on your computer and insert the CD that consists of the music that you wish to copy on your PC. Make sure that the CD that you will use is clean and shiny. After that, close the disc drive.
- Go to the start menu located at the bottom left portion of your computer then select “My Computer” and wait for the computer screen window to open.
- Search for the “CD” icon that you can see under the heading “Devices with Removable Storage” and double click it. A window will then appear showing all the individual files located on the DVD.
- From the top part of the window, select “Edit,” and a drop-down will appear, choose “Select All” to see all the highlighted music files from your CD. Hit “Ctrl + c” to copy them.
- Next, open a folder on your music folder and hit “File” from the upper left of the interface and click “New” and choose “Folder”. From here, paste the music files that you copied from your CD.
|Function||Video Master Premium||VLC Media Player||Handbrake|
|Allows you to Convert Several Videos||Yes||Yes||Yes|