DVDs are analog, and they are digitally encrypted versions of your favorite TV shows, movies, and other videos. Suppose you want to watch something from your DVDs, you need to find a DVD player or a computer with a DVD drive. In fact, DVD players recently left the market, and DVD drives disappeared from PCs. Hence, an alternative way to watch your DVD movies is to rip them to famous video file formats like MP4, MKV, and AVI, then save them to storage devices such as Cloud so that you can watch them anytime by just opening your cloud storage. As you know, Cloud is a model of computer storage data wherein the digital data is saved in logical pools known as the Cloud. Also, it became one of the most popular storage services among people because it gets more comfortable for you to watch movies or save some essential files like DVDs. Here we will show you how to convert DVD to cloud compatible formats so that you can upload DVD video to the cloud for convenient storage and playback.
Convert DVD to Digital Video Formats for Cloud Storage
Basically, it is impossible to directly copy DVD content to cloud storage services because all DVDs are protected with encryption. So, to save DVDs to cloud storage, you have to rip DVDs into digital formats, including MP4, and then upload them to Cloud. Therefore, you will need a third-party app to help you rip DVDs. With that, we recommend you to use the Acethinker Video Master Premium; this tool enables you to rip various DVDs into the most used file formats such as MP4, AVI, MKV, and more in HD quality. Plus, it can cater to different DVDs, including DVD+R, DVD-R, and a lot more. Furthermore, you can rip videos with a fast speed, which helps you save the time of uploading to the cloud storage. Besides ripping and converting videos on this tool, you also have an option to enhance your videos by using its default editing features such as adding filters, reduce video shaking, remove video noise, optimize the brightness and contrast, and add subtitles. Also, it allows you to compress your videos to save memory space on your devices. To convert DVD to Cloud using Acethinker Video Master Premium, follow the detailed steps written below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Get and save the tool on your pc
For you to rip DVD to Cloud using this tool, you have to install it first on your computer. Click one of the “Download” buttons we provided above and launch it. An additional window will appear showing the installation procedures; follow it to perfectly save the software on your computer.
Step 2 Configure the settings of the tool
Next, hit the “Triple-line” icon provided at the upper right part of the interface and select “Preferences” to see all the software's settings options. From here, you can change the settings according to your choice, such as “Output Folder,” “Snapshot Folder,” and more. After that, click the “Ok” button located at the lower right corner of the tool to save changes.
Step 3 Add a DVD file
Once the setting is changed, click the “Ripper” panel at the upper part of the interface, hit the “Load DVD” button located at the upper right portion of the interface, and browse a DVD file from your computer.
Step 4 Start rip DVD to cloud
From here, hit the “Rip All to” drop-down menu that you can see at the upper right part of the interface. From the drop-down menu, you can see all the default video file formats. Select a video file format that is compatible with cloud storage. In our case, we will choose "MP4". After that, click the "Rip All" button to start the ripping process.
Step 5 Preview the converted video
Wait for a few minutes until the ripping process is being processed. After that, a window will show-up consisting of the converted videos. Right-click the file and hit “Open” to play the converted video.
How to Upload Ripped DVD Video to Cloud
1. Amazon Cloud
- First is to visit the Amazon Cloud site and log in. (If you are a first time user, you have to create your Amazon account)
- Hit the “Upload” button located at the upper left corner of the tool to upload DVD to cloud and select the “Add File” option where you can select the movie files you want to upload and then hit “Ok.”
- After that, choose your preferred path to save the file. You can create a new folder or choose the existing file folder. Then, wait for a few minutes to upload the file to Amazon drive.
2. Google Drive
- Visit the official site of Google Drive and log in to your account.
- Next, hit the “New” button that you can see at the upper left corner of the interface and select the “Upload Files” option to upload a file that you wish to save in google drive.
- From here, select the converted DVD files and hit “Open” to upload to Dropbox.
- Type the official site of the tool on your browser and login to your Dropbox account.
- Hit the “Upload Files” button located at the right side of the interface. A window will show-up and then hit the “Choose Files” option.
- Browse a converted DVD files and hit “Open” to upload to the Dropbox.