VDownloader is an intuitive but powerful video downloader that lets you save videos from several sites. The list of supported sites expands and is updated from time to time, including YouTube, Twitch, Twitter, and others. Another good thing about the software is it can download Ultra High Definition videos for up to 8K. Aside from its downloading prowess, it can also convert videos to other formats. In fact, it can even extract the audio and save the file as MP3. But here's the catch, these excellent functions are only available to its Windows version. Although VDownloader already designed a Mac alternative, it's function is not as good as its Windows counterpart. So for Mac users, it is best if to find a VDownloader Mac alternative. And we already save you with that hassle.
AceThinker Video Keeper for Mac
AceThinker Video Keeper is an excellent alternative to VDownloader because it can download videos from over 100 video sharing websites. This tool can also get you HD quality video like 720p, 1080p, 4K, and even 8K if the video supports it. Another good thing about this tool is it can turn online video into an MP3 file. Besides, you can simultaneously collect as many videos as you want, thanks to its “Batch Downloading” feature. If you want to know how to use this tool, you can follow the steps below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Install the Video Keeper
First of all, click one of the “Download” buttons above to get its installer. Then, launch it and follow the steps on installing the tool to your computer. Once done, open the app to get used to its interface.
Step 2 Start downloading videos
Next, go to a video sharing site like YouTube and look for the video you want to download. Then, copy its link, paste it on the search bar of Video Keeper, and click the “+” button to analyze the video.
Step 3 Preview the downloaded video
After that, click the “More” drop-down button, choose your preferred quality, and click the “Download” button to start downloading. Once done, go to the “Downloaded” section to find the video you saved. From there, right-click on the video and choose “Play Video” to preview it.
- This tool can download subtitles.
- It has a built-in search bar to search for the video that you want to download.
- It can only download three videos a day on its free trial.
ClipGrab Downloader For MAC
If you're looking for software but still offer free services, ClipGrab is one of your choices. Although it is free, ClipGrab still supports many video streaming sites, including YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, etc. Moreover, the downloaded videos are convertible to other formats such as MP4, WMV, MP3, MPEG, and more. The videos are also available to transfer in your iTunes to sync them on your other Apple devices, including iPad or iPhone. Lastly, ClipGrab is also available for Windows and Linux computers.
- First, go to the official site of ClipGrab to download and install the software. Then, search for the video you want to download.
- Copy the video link from the address bar go back to the "Download" tab of ClipGrab. Paste the link into the box provided.
- Next, select your preferred format and quality. Finally, click "Grab this clip!" to continue.
- Once done, open the output folder to play the video.
- You can extract audio from videos
- Available for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Too many ads
Mac Video Downloader
If you run on Mac, you should know about Mac Video Downloader. This is an extremely popular streaming video downloader for all Mac-Heads. The reason Mac Video is so popular, it allows users to download videos from just about any site and the download speed is 10 times faster than other regular video downloader sites. Outside of downloading videos, you have the ability to save audio files onto your computer with one click. You can also download entire YouTube playlists using the batch mode feature. There is also a built-in screen recording feature. You can use this feature to capture videos playing on your screen if the direct download methods are not working. We are providing you with a step-by-step guide on how to use Mac Video Downloader to save streaming videos to your Mac computer:
- Download and install Mac Video Downloader and launch it to access the interface.
- Go to the built-in browser of the tool and visit the official site of the video sharing platform you want.
- Search and play the video and let the tool detect it automatically. The video will start downloading to the "Downloader" tab of the tool. Play the video once done downloading.
- It can detect videos and music from 20,000+ websites
- You can preview videos while downloading it
- Only for Mac
As VDownloader doesn't offer the Mac version, if you're using the Macintosh system, you will need to switch to VDownloader alternatives in order to grab online streaming videos to your Mac. There is a wide variety of Mac video downloaders that can be used as VDownloader Mac, and here we have recommended the best four ones according to our research. Both of them are quite similar to VDownloader and do great jobs in downloading videos from various video-streaming websites. I'm sure none of them will let you down. I hope this article will be helpful for you, and if you have got any better VDownloader alternative for Mac, please share it with us via the comments.