Even though there are tons of videos online, and mobile devices allow you to access the Internet from many locations, there still may be times when you need to save a video to your hard drive for viewing afterward. People who use Internet Explorer (IE) will be happy to know that there are many IE video downloaders and add-ons that allow you to download videos from Internet Explorer easily. Because these extensions plug directly into your browser, they are straightforward to use and can be used on any video website. Below you will find an explanation of the best 10 Internet Explorer video downloaders.
Video Keeper Lite
Strength: Download and convert web videos.
You should know that Video Keeper Lite is an extremely flexible Internet Explorer downloader that lets you save videos from your IE browser. All the popular video sharing websites are supported, including YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Ustream, and Facebook, to name a few. Additionally, it can download multiple videos at the same time without hurting much of the download speed. This is possible thanks to its multi-thread technology that lets you maximize your network connection.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Install the IE Video Downloader
First, hit one of the "Download" buttons above to get the installer. Follow the set-up guide to install it on your computer. Launch it once installed.
Step 2 Download IE Video
Next, open Internet Explorer to search for the video you want to download. Copy the link from the address bar then go back to Video Keeper Lite. From here, click the "Paste URL" button the tool will download it automatically.
Step 3 Play IE Video
Once the download is finished, go to the "Completed" panel of the interface. Right-click the file and select "Play" to watch it.
Strength: Free and easy to download online videos via URL.
If you're looking for a 100% free and safe IE video downloader, don't miss Savevideo.me. The site is free to use because it does not require any mode of registration or payment. Also, Savevideo.me supports lots of video streaming websites like Dailymotion, Vimeo, Twitter, Vine, and even Facebook videos. Additionally, it supports format available to play for mobile devices so users can enjoy their videos anytime they want. Aside from that, it supports saving them in high quality like 4K, 1080p, and 720p. Plus, it has a straightforward interface wherein you can download videos instantly. Here is the guide on how to utilize this tool.
- First, go to a website that you prefer and copy the link of the video that you want to download.
- After that, go back to the interface of Savevideo.me to paste the URL into the download box. Click “Download” to proceed the process.
- From here, the tool will show a list of formats and qualities available. On the chosen format, right-click “Download video file” and choose “Save link As” to start the process.
- Finally, wait for a few seconds until the downloading process is done. After that, open a target folder on your PC to play the video.
4K Video Downloader
Product Page: https://www.4kdownload.com/products/product-videodownloader
Strength: As its name suggests, it downloads videos from IE for up to 4K resolution, if available.
4K Video Downloader is an all-in-one software that can save and convert IE videos without any hassle. It can download videos from several video streaming sites supported by IE, including YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, and more. In fact, it even gives you an option to download an entire YouTube playlist within a few clicks. What is unique about 4K Video Downloader is its "Smart Mode" feature. This function lets you set a configuration, and it will apply to your next Download resulting in a quicker process. To learn more about this software, follow the steps provided below.
- Click the link provided above to visit the download page of 4K Video Downloader. Install the software and launch it afterward.
- Next, open IE and visit any online streaming site you prefer to search for the video you want to download. Copy its URL from the browser's address bar.
- Go back to 4K Video Downloader and click "Paste Link" to start. Once downloaded, double-click the file to watch it on your local media player.
Download Accelerator Plus
Product Page: http://www.speedbit.com/
Strength: Download videos with optimized faster speed.
Not only does the powerful SpeedBit program help you download and capture full videos or video clips from the Internet, but it also includes a unique technology that makes the video transfer speed much faster. It uses multiple threads of connection to the content, which means that you can both grab the video and watch it much more quickly than with other applications. Playback is smooth, and there is a minimal wait for buffering. Best of all, there is no need to delve deeply into the program and configure any confusing options before reaping the rewards. Download Accelerator Plus functions well with the vast majority of popular video sharing sites such as YouTube, Vimeo, Metacafe, Dailymotion, and Myspace, as well as other smaller websites that host videos. These include sites like Amazon or Facebook that include embedded clips in their content. Both regular- and high-definition videos can be downloaded with this tool, although the HD option is only available on the premium app. To download a video on IE with Download Accelerator Plus, follow the steps below.
- Download and install the DAP program on your computer. You can then navigate to find the video you wish to download and copy the video link from the address bar in the web browser. After that, run DAP and click Add URL to paste the video URL and click OK to continue.
- The program will then start to analyze the video link and offer you the available files in a different format with different sizes that you can download. You can then select the file according to your needs and click the Download Now button to start the downloading.
- Check the progress of the Download and see if it's done. If so, locate the file using the file locator button of the tool and then play the video using a media player.
Online Video Converter
Product Page: http://www.online-convert.com/
Strength: Work on webpage as converting video via URL.
This downloader is a web-based tool without the need to install it. We listed it here because it also works quite smoothly on IE. By visiting the URL above, you can choose Video Converter from the categories. Note that you will need to choose the desired output before visiting the downloader page. Once done, you will see the on-page tool, as illustrated. It is as simple as entering the URL of the target video and confirms it by clicking Convert File. If you prefer, you can also customize the output file by going through frame size, trim, rotation, and so on. It is a versatile tool, but it is not specialized in downloading videos.
- Navigate to the official website of this free online file converter and select the preferred output video format from the drop-down list under the Video Converter tab. As you see, common video formats and devices are all offered for your choice. Just choose the one you need and click Go.
- You will then be directed to the downloading page, where you can enter the video URL to download and convert it to the format you've set. There are many optional settings you can alter, such as the screen size, video bitrate, video quality, etc. You can set it in detail or just leave it if you don't want to change any settings. Lastly, click the "Convert file" button at the bottom to start downloading and converting the target video via URL.
Product Page: https://en.savefrom.net/1-youtube-video-downloader-1/
Strength: Web app for handling videos from multiple sites stably.
Another online tool that will help you download videos from IE is SaveFrom.net. The main function of this solution is to save videos from YouTube, which is available to access using Internet Explorer. Additionally, it can download the video for up to Full HD Quality or 1080p as long as it is available. Moreover, it can even extract the sound from a video by instantly converting it as an MP3 file. However, a major drawback of SaveFrom is that it can only download a video into MP4 format. Continue reading below to learn how to use it.
- First, click the link provided above to visit the official website of SaveFrom. Then, open a new tab using your Internet Explorer and access any video streaming website.
- Search for any video you want to save and make sure to copy its URL. Then, go back to SaveFrom and paste the link to the "URL box." Wait for a few moments and let the tool analyze the link.
- After that, click the "Download" button to start. Once finished, open the download folder on your computer then double-click the file to watch it.
Freemake Video Downloader
Product Page: https://www.freemake.com/free_video_downloader/
Strength: Once configured, you can download YouTube videos within a single click.
Freemake Video Downloader claims to be one of the best software as it says it downloads videos from thousands of streaming sites. Additionally, it saves the video in HD quality or 720p as much as possible. Aside from that, it can convert the downloaded video into preset device formats compatible with Android and iOS smartphones. Moreover, it features a multithread technology that allows it to use most of your internet connection that results in faster download speed. Finally, all downloaded videos are available to upload to some cloud storage services like Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Visit the website of Freemake Video Downloader to download and install the software on your computer. Once done, launch it so we can start.
- Open IE and launch any video sharing site you prefer. Find the video you want and copy its URL from the address bar. Go back to the software and click the "Paste URL" button to continue.
- After that, a window will appear showing the list of available format and quality. Choose your preferred quality and format and set the output folder. Once set-up, click the "Download" button to start.
- Once the video is downloaded, you can click the "Play" button from the main interface to open it. You can also choose "Show in Folder" to access the output folder.
Product Page: http://www.clipconverter.cc/
Strength: Special function for users to trim the video in downloading.
This tool works like Online-Convert.com, but it does not support as many formats as that site. Also, it has no editing options. Instead, it concentrates on downloading clips from sites like YouTube. It also has explicit instructions on getting your videos so that you will not get lost in each step. To start with, visit the address above, enter the URL into the download field via copy and paste, and select the conversion format. When you are done, click Continue to the side of the download field to start the process. Wait a moment until it shows the video source page along with the thumbnail and other info. From there, you can choose the audio and video format, but there's not much selection. You could also utilize the distinctive feature of trimming audio and video clips by setting the start and endpoints. Once you are done, hit Start! and wait a moment to get your video.
- Visit its main page and paste the URL of the video you wish to download to at "Video URL to Download" and press Continue to start downloading the video. The program will then begin to analyze the video link and provides multiple options for video quality and size. You can just choose one that suits you the best.
- Next, you will need to choose the format for the conversion. As you see, there are multiple choices provided.
- When you move the mouse cursor on the format, there will a note showing you hints about this format. Afterward, click the Start button at the bottom to start the video conversion.
- A few minutes later, the conversion will get completed. And you can then click the Download button to save the converted video file to your computer hard drive.
Product Page: https://savemedia.website/v9/
Strength: Web-based app which supports exporting to audio/video formats.
This tool provides both a browser extension and an online version. The latter option lets you download videos directly on the web page. By visiting the official site, you can enter the URL of a video and then hit the VID icon to save video or the MP3 icon to save audio. Wait until the App redirects you to the cloud storage page, and then you can choose the resolution for a video or quality for audio. If you prefer, you can convert to other media formats, trim the length of the file, and more. There're plenty of functions to fulfill your needs, but the interface is a bit intricate, which may perplex first-time users.
Navigate to open its official webpage, and you can simply paste the URL address of the video you want to download into the box. And the application will immediately start to analyze the video and redirect you to the next page to continue.
- On the Simpleconverter page, you can either choose the output format as MP3 audio or save it as an HD video. Other options include the output quality, file name, etc. When all the settings are done, click the blue Convert button at the bottom to download and convert the target video.
- The App will then start to process and convert the video. After the conversion, you can click the Download button to save it to your local drive.
Snaptube- Download Videos on Android
Downloading videos on Android devices can be efficiently and quickly done with the SnapTube App. It has a great design and responsive user-interface. SnapTube can be used to download videos from websites or by searching for particular videos on the Apps search bar. With SnapTube, you can download videos on Android devices in seconds. The App allows you to choose video quality and preferred format before starting a download. Videos downloaded with SnapTube can also be shared on social media such as Facebook and Twitter. SnapTube allows you to organize your gallery to ensure the downloaded files are automatically saved on your device and categorized as music or video files.
Downloading YouTube Videos with SnapTube
- Open the app; from the inbuilt search tab enter the YouTube mobile address.
- Search and select the YouTube video to be downloaded from the search results.
- To start your download, tap the red button on the right corner of the video frame.
- Select your preferred video quality and start the download.
The SnapTube App is available on the official website for free. There are featured Ads on the App, but you won't be offered in-App purchases.
You see, there are so many video downloaders that allow you to download videos from the IE browser. If you just need to download the video several times, it's recommended that you just try the free online web service as you don't need to install any software. But if you download online videos frequently, you'd better turn to programs like Video Keeper Lite since desktop software is much more stable than online ones and offers more features to fulfill your needs. Have any other solution to download videos in Internet Explorer? Please share your idea in the comment area. Thank you! If it's indeed a reliable way, we will add the method to the article later.