Netflix is one of the most popular subscription-based streaming platforms around the world. It has an extensive collection of TV series, movies, and documentaries in its library. Netflix is available across platforms such as Windows and Mac computers, and also Android and iOS smartphones. Streaming on Netflix is fast and stable, but it continually needs an internet connection. However, you can download Netflix movies instead of streaming them to save your internet bandwidth. Here we will show you the detailed ways to download Netflix films and episodes on both computers and mobile.
Best Way to Download Netflix Movie to Computer
The best tool to download Netflix shows is AceThinker Video Keeper. This is a desktop Netflix video downloader that also supports saving videos from more than 100 websites. These websites include video sharing platforms like YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, and others. Video Keeper can download videos in high-resolution like 720p, 1080p, and even 4K videos when available. This reason makes Video Keeper the perfect way to download Netflix videos with high-resolution. If you want to learn how to download Netflix videos with Video Keeper, follow the steps below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Install Video Downloader for Netflix
First, get the installer of Video Keeper. After that, run it, and the setup wizard will appear. Follow the instructions provided by the guide to install the tool correctly, and wait until the main interface appears.
Step 2 Download Netflix Movies on PC
Next, open your preferred web browser and access the online version of Netflix. Log-in to your account and find the movie or episode you wish to save. Get the Netflix link from the address bar, then go back to the software. Paste the Netflix video by clicking the "Plus" button to get the video. Once the video link is analyzed, click the "MP4" button to download it.
Step 3 Play the Downloaded Netflix Movie
Wait for a few moments and let the tool handle the downloading process. Once it is finished, go to the "Downloaded" panel to check the video. Right-click the file and hit "Play Video" to watch it on the media player. You can also choose "Open File Location" to access the output folder where it is saved.
How to Download Netflix Videos in the App
1. How to Download Netflix Videos on Android and iOS
Mobile users have the most benefits when it comes to downloading videos from Netflix. This is because users can watch their videos anywhere using their smartphones. Downloading videos on your mobile devices like Android and iOS can be done within the Netflix app. However, the app only allows you to keep the video for a maximum of 30 days. After that, the video will expire, and you'll need to redownload it again on your device for another 30 days. You can follow the simple guide below to start downloading Netflix videos on your Android and iOS devices.
- Install Netflix on your device by launching the Google Play Store (Android) or App Store (iOS). Search for Netflix and then tap the install button from the product page.
- Launch the app immediately after installation. Next, tap the "Settings" option from the home screen.
- From the settings panel, set the quality that you want for the download. Choose between Standard Definition or SD, and High Definition or HD.
- Next, choose the video that you want, and then tap the "Download button" represented by a downward arrow. The download process will start immediately after that.
- Once the download finished, you can head to the "Download" panel and watch the video anytime.
Tip: You can download from different mobile devices using the same Netflix account. Also, you can share a single account with multiple users by creating different profiles.
2. How to Download Netflix Movies to PC Running Windows 10
Aside from mobile, you can also watch Netflix from a Windows 10 PC for a bigger screen. The Netflix app on Windows 10 is highly similar to the mobile app in terms of interface. Additionally, it also has a download button to save videos for offline viewing. The only downside is that its not portable, and you can't take your videos with you wherever you go. If you want to download Netflix movies on Windows 10, follow the simple guide below.
How to download Netflix videos on Windows 10
- Install Netflix by launching "Microsoft Store." From the search field, type "Netflix" and hit the "Enter" key from your keyboard. Click the "Get" button from the product page that will appear, and lastly, click "Install."
- Sign in to your Netflix account, and then look for the downloadable movie or episode you want from its library.
- Finally, click the "Download" button that will appear from the "My List" and "Rate" buttons. The movie will then be saved on your Windows 10 PC for a maximum of 30 days before it expires.
Tip: If you are using a Windows 10 laptop, you can connect it to your regular TV via HDMI cable. This way, you can watch from an even bigger screen.