ClipGrab is independent software that allows you to download videos on your computer for free. Anyone can download and use the app. You read it right, you won't have to create an account or pay for the software to use it. Simply go to the official site and click the download button to get it. This tool has a very simple and easy to use interface. No complicated process and guaranteed safe without having to worry about malware that can harm your computer. However, since it is for free, it has limited sites supported. It can only download videos from open-source sites like Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook, and some similar sites to it. So, if you want to download videos from movie sharing sites, it won't work. That being said, check out some good alternatives for the good downloading experience.
AceThinker Video Keeper Lite
If you are looking for a better DownloadHelper alternative, you can try Video Keeper Lite. This software allows you to download videos from countless websites like YouTube, VK, Dailymotion, and more. Although you need to install it, it is loaded with more features compared to Video DownloadHelper. Unlike browser extensions, Video Keeper Lite lets you save multiple videos simultaneously. In fact, it can even grab all the videos included in an entire YouTube playlist within a few clicks. Moreover, it can detect all video links played on several browsers, including Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, which Video DownloadHelper doesn't typically support. Continue reading the instruction below to learn how to use this excellent video downloader.
Try It Free
Step 1 Install Video Keeper Lite
First of all, hit the "Download" button provided to get a copy of the software. Once done, open it and follow the installation process to save it on your computer. After that, launch it to access its main interface.
Step 2 Download a Video
Next, using a web browser, access any video streaming site you want. Search for the clip you want to download and make sure to copy its URL from the address bar. Then, go back to the software to click the "Paste URL" button and start downloading the video.
Step 3 Play the Video
After a few moments, the video should be successfully downloaded and transferred to the "Completed" panel of the software. From here, right-click the file name and hit "Play" to watch the video instantly.
You may also consider using Video DownloadHelper as an alternative for ClipGrab. This is a Firefox extension that now comes with the Chrome version, so it can be used with the popular computer operating systems like Windows and Mac. All you need to do is visit the video you wish to watch and save it on your computer in just a click. Surf the web like you would typically do. DownloadHelper detects video. When the extension's icon highlights, you can now download the video. Although using an extension is quite convenient, some operations cannot be performed from the browser. In this case, it is recommended to get its desktop version to fully maximize the features offered by the app. Now to start using this program, kindly follow the below steps.
Quick guide for Video DownloadHelper:
- Open your Chrome Browser and add the extension by going to Video DownloadHelper.
- Once the extension is integrated on your browser, you can start downloading videos.
- Note that the toolbar icon is greyed out which means there is no video detected in the current tab.
- Now open the video you are trying to save and you should see that the toolbar icon is highlighted.
- From the menu of the tool, a list of video quality and size will be shown. Just choose from the available quality based on your needs and then download the video.
- Has the ability to blacklist domains to hide ads
- Small file size for a strong video downloader
- It can only download videos to limited video sites
4K Video Downloader
If you want nothing but quality and high-definition videos, you can rely on 4K Video Downloader. As its name suggests, this tool allows you to download videos in 4K resolution and supports video quality up to 8K. This program doesn't stop you from getting high-resolution videos. You can also use it to download videos with subtitles as you wish. However, there are some limitations when using the app. This includes the number of captions and channels you can download. Buying its full version will remove all the restrictions, and you will be able to use the software for up to three computers. Be guided on how to use this app using the simple instruction provided below.
Steps on using 4K Video Downloader:
- First step is to grab a copy of the installer of 4K Video Downloader from its official website.
- Then, click the "Get 4K Video Downloader" button. Then, have the app installed on your computer and then open the program.
- Open a video-sharing site where you want to get videos from, open the video and copy its link.
- After copying the video's link, click the "Paste Link" button and allow the tool to process the video.
- The app then will give you a list of available video formats. Now select the most suitable format and select your desired location where you want it to be saved.
- Finally, click the "Download" button to wait for the video to be downloaded.
- After downloading the video, you can go ahead and check out the preview. Just double click on the downloaded video, and it should play in a split-second.
- It can download 4K and 8k videos easily
- You can download YouTube playlist and channels
- Restriction in downloading from many sites
Video Download Professional
The last one will give you a little feel of the auto-detection feature of Video Keeper. If the manual downloading is like ClipGrab or free online downloader, this time, auto-detection is incorporated in a browser. Also known as Chrome extensions. Most people know that this is an easy way to do multitasking. People find it convenient that is why Video Keeper thought of incorporating it. You need to have Google Chrome as your browser to use it, then add it as a Chrome extension. You can click here to get the direct link of the extension. The concept is streaming the video on your browser, and the tool detects it and provides download links for you. On the other hand, try following the steps below to maximize the tool.
Here is how to use Video Download Professional:
- After integrating the Video Downloader Professional to your browser, search for any video using the chrome browser then play the target video.
- Prior the search the icon for the tool is greyed out, once there is a video detected, it will be highlighted.
- Click it to see the download links and choose the video you want.
- Once decided which one to get, click the “download button beside it and wait until it is saved on your computer.
- To preview the downloaded video, simply go to its file location, and double-click the video to play it instantly.
- You can download video by streaming it
- Allows you download multiple videos at the same time
- Only available on Chrome browser
DownloadMate is a famous app which lets you download videos from various sites (almost all video hosting sites). You can use this app's browser to spot the videos you are looking for, download as much as you want, and access them via the application to ensure easy management. Besides its flexible downloading high points, DownloadMate equally works with AirPlay, which means that downloaded videos can be streamed to your other devices.
- It can download to almost all of the video sites
- All of its downloaded video can be played to any device
- Only available for iOS device
In other words, all of them are helpful ways of downloading videos online. However, if you will analyze it, both features provided by the free online downloader, ClipGrab, and the Video Downloader Professional are all incorporated in Video Keeper Lite. On top of that, the tool has a Converter where you can alter the format of each video you want to download. If you have questions or suggestions on the list, do not forget to leave a message under the comment section below.