Capturing a picture on a web browser is easy, but recording a video requires you a powerful screen recorder. A web browser recorder should be easy to use and can record in HD quality like 720p, 1080, and 4K resolution. Imagine recording a webinar or an important online class with a low-quality recorder. Isn't this so unappealing, and you might lose interest in what you're watching? That is why we put all the best recorders in this article to record on the browser in excellent quality. Keep on reading below to see all of them.
AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium (Windows and Mac)
Trial limit: 3 minutes per recording.
AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium is a screencast recording app for Windows and Mac that can capture HD quality screens like 720p and 1080p. It doesn't matter if you play games, watch movies, webinars, tutorials, and more, it will do the task for you. This tool can also include the audio from your computer's system sound, microphone, or both. It can also put annotations like shapes, lines, texts, and arrows in real-time. If you want to record and learn how to use this online recording tool, you can keep on reading below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and install the Software
First, click one of the "Download" buttons above and launch it to follow the installation wizard to finish. After that, start the tool, and select the "Video Recorder" within its main interface.
Step 2 Setup the settings
Next, click the "Gear" icon to open its settings. You can change the output folder, video format, audio, hotkeys, and more. To complete, simply click the "OK" button.
Step 3 Put annotations while recording
To start, visit the website that you want to record. After that, choose your preferred video if it is in full screen or region mode. Then, press the "REC" button at the rightmost part of the toolbar to start recording. While recording, click the "Pen" button at the right portion of the floating toolbar to add annotations on the video.
Step 4 Watch the recorded video
Once done, click on the "Stop" button at the leftmost part of the recording toolbar to end the recording process. It will open a new window showing you the playback where you can watch the video. You can also save the video or re-record it from there.
- You can set hotkeys on your keyboard to record smoothly.
- It allows you to choose the default audio format from MP3, AAC, OGG, WMA, WAV, and FLAC.
- There is a watermark on the recorded videos with its free trial version.
Game Bar (Windows)
Trial limit: None
If you are using a Windows PC, your default option is using the Xbox/Windows Game Bar. It is a built-in recorder on a Windows computer that is primarily made for recording game videos. This screen video recorder can also capture a video, games, or online meetings in its best quality without any problem. By hitting the "Win+G" keys on your keyboard, you can immediately start recording it.
Extra tips: To start recording immediately, you can press the "Win+Alt+R" keys on your keyboard.
- Game Bar has an audio mixer that allows you to adjust the volumes of tabs, apps, and games separately.
- It displays the performance metrics of your computer while recording.
- Game Bar indicator blink is more subtle and easily missed. First-time users might get confused if the tool is already recording or not.
QuickTime Player (Mac)
Trial limit: None
Are you looking for a way on how to record a browser? Then I suggest you use the QuickTime Player. It is a built-in multimedia framework for Mac OS X and newer. This tool allows you to play video, audio, and record almost anything that appears on your Mac. That also means capturing is just a piece of cake with QuickTime Player. Besides, it can record in full screen or region mode at 780p or 1080p quality.
Extra tips: QuickTime Player can play local and online streaming videos using their URL.
- It can convert videos to MP4, MKV, AVI, MOV, and more.
- It can enhance the recorded video by putting annotations and cropping the video.
- There is no audio when recording.
Trial limit: 25 minutes per video.
Loom is considered as one of the best Chrome screen recorders because, despite being an extension, it can record in 720p and 1080p quality. This tool can capture your entire screen or just the current tab. It is perfect for recording a conference call because it can start it with only a few clicks. What's more, this tool can also add comments or notes.
Extra tips: This Chrome extension creates an embedded link that you can copy and share it on your social media account.
- It has different storage options available so you can keep the record videos in its cloud storage.
- It can instantly share the recording online.
- It is slow to process the video recording.
Video Recorder (Firefox)
Trial limit: 10 minutes per recording.
Video Recorder is a lightweight recorder add-on that can record on Firefox. You can capture the current tab from your browser and a webcam at the same time. Besides, it can record audio from your PC or external microphone for narrations and music background. By pressing the "Start Recording" button of this extension, you can record music, tutorials, or game on any website via the Firefox.
Extra tips: This tool allows you to download media from your computer's camera.
- It has several buttons in its toolbar to start, pause, resume, stop, etc. the recording.
- It can convert the recorded video to MP3 format.
- It lacks advanced and useful features like annotating, editing, and more.
Extra Tip: How to Record Streaming Audio in Web
Without a doubt, you can almost do anything while you're surfing the internet. One of them is you can enjoy listening to music by visiting several music streaming platforms. Technically, we teach you how to do videos recording using some online recorders. Now, let us discover how to record music streaming online without using an extension. You can find many online, and one example of them is Free Sound Recorder. It is a software that lets you record streaming audio while it is playing on the internet. Additionally, it can save the recording in several audio formats like MP3, WAV, and the likes. Aside from its audio recording features, it is also packed with basic editing functions like cut, trim, and merge audio files. Let us discover the ways how to use it.
- First, download and install the audio recording app on your computer. Once installed, launch the app to access the interface.
- Next, select "Sound Source," then click "Sound Card" to continue. After that, click the "Show Mixer Window" button. Hit the "Dropdown" from the "Recording Mixer" menu and select the sound source.
- Once everything is set, click the "Start recording" button to begin. You can now play music at this time. After that, click "Stop recording" and it will save automatically to the output folder.
|Screen Grabber Premium||Game Bar||QuickTime Player||Loom||Video Recorder|
|Supported Formats||MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV, FLV, MPEG, VOB, ASF, TS, GIF||MP4||MP4, M4V, M4A, MPEG-2, DV Stream, Mjpeg||WebM||WebM|
|Supported Video Resolution||480p, 720p, 1080p, 4K||480p, 720p, 1080p||480p, 720p||480p, 720p||480p, 720p|
|Best for||Recording almost any activity in HD||Game recording||Recording movies and TV shows||Online webinars and meetings||Music videos and tutorials|