Ever stumbled upon something fascinating while surfing the internet? The initial reaction would be to tell your friends about it, but there are instances where you are alone. During these times, you can capture a screenshot, and send the image to your friends. On that note, there are a couple of ways to capture great screenshots, and one of them is Snagit. This tool is one of the many screenshot capture software available. Snagit is compatible with Windows and Mac and has basic image editing features that you can use. Aside from capturing images, Snagit is also capable of recording a video of your desktop activities. Snagit is not free, but it provides a trial that you can only use for a short duration. Once the trial expires, you'll either uninstall the tool or purchase the license key. If you fail to activate the tool, you won't be able to use it at all, which is a let-down. That is why we have prepared a list of some of the best Snagit alternative tools that you can use.
The Best 10 Snagit Alternatives to Capture Computer Screen
In this section, we will show the best 10 Snagit alternatives that you can use to capture screenshots. Each of these tools has different features to use. Please read on below to see all of them.
The first on our list is the AceThinker Screen Grabber Pro. This tool is originally a screen recorder that can record your screen in HD quality. You can also use this tool to take screenshots and add annotations like shapes, lines, texts, and arrows while capturing.
- You can use its Task Scheduler to set a specific time to record screen automatically.
- After taking screenshot, you can directly share the image to Facebook, Google+, Pinterest, and Twitter.
- You can also print the image right after you take a screenshot.
For Windows PC users, you can use the Windows Snipping Tool to capture a screenshot. It is the Windows pre-installed screen capturing software that you can use for free. This tool is used to take a screenshot of games, videos, lectures, and more.
- You can put a delay on taking screenshots from 1 to 5 seconds.
- This tool has multiple modes like Free-form snip, Rectangular snip, Wuindow snip, and Full-screen snip.
- You can edit the screenshot on Paint3D.
Greenshot is another alternative to Snagit for Windows PC for taking a screenshot without losing its quality. By installing this tool, you can customize it by enabling the plugins of this tool. It also has an image editor where you can edit the photo.
- You can quickly take screenshots from the web pages tab.
- You can easily attach the image via email.
- It allows you to directly upload the image to Flickr or Picasa.
Another Snagit free alternative for Windows and Mac is the Lightshot. This tool can select an area on your display screen or take the full-screen. You can also embed the screenshot to upload it on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
- You can find similar images by select on your screen.
- It has an intuitive interface that makes your work easier and faster.
- It has a photo editor to add drawings on your screenshots.
One of the Snagit similar programs is the Jing. It can provide you a simple and yet high-quality screenshot with just a single click. You can also use this tool if you need to screen record.
- You can upload the screenshots to cloud services like Screencast.
- You can add highlighter, callout with font face, and other effects on the image.
- You can use a webcam and take screenshots
Screenshot Captor is a free alternative to Snagit that is lightweight and flexible to use. It allows you to capture images from your screen in full-screen, region mode, or window tab. Once installed on your computer, this tool will process by clicking the "PrtSc" key of your keyboard.
- You can setup hotkeys on this tool to use it quickly.
- It can take scroll-down screenshots.
- You can zoom in and out the image that you are going to capture.
Screenpresso is a free screen capture software like Snagit that can take screenshots or screen record. It has a built-in image editor that you can use to add annotations to the picture. Also, its interface is so simple that you can easily take screenshots with just a few clicks.
- You can manage your capture history in workspace.
- You can create PDF documents with its "Document Generator."
- You can publish the screenshot or video to Evernote, Google Drive, Twitter, Facebook, and more.
PicPick is software like Snagit that is said to be a full-featured screen capturing tool. This tool has a color identifier, color palette, pixel ruler, and more. You can also tweak its crosshair to make it look cool and smooth when taking screenshots.
- You can easily add effects on your images like frames, shadows, and mosaic.
- You can add watermark on the image.
- Its built-in image editor can include its latest Ribbon style style menu.
Another one of the best programs like Snagit is the FastStone Capture. This tool is a simple, lightweight, and yet strong screen recording and screenshot tool that can provide a high-quality output. It can save images to BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG, PCX, etc.
- It allows you to choose to send images to Word, Excel, and OneNote.
- You can resize the image by cropping it.
- It can blur a specific area of the screenshot.
It can blur a specific area of the screenshot. ShareX is a Snagit Mac alternative version that is also an open-source program to take screenshots on your computer display. You can capture in full-screen mode or regional mode. Also, ShareX can upload images to over 80 supported destinations like Google Drive, Dropbox, Facebook, and more.
- You can put speech ballow on your screenshots.
- After taking screenshots, you can send it directly to Imgur, ImageShack, TinyPic, and more.
- This tool supports scrolling capture.
What Makes a Great Screen Capture Tool?
There are various factors that you should consider when choosing something. That also applies to choose the right screen capture tools that satisfy your needs. Since we are talking about the best, it is only natural to know what makes them the best. Here are some of the things that you should look for in a screen capture tool for you.
Factors to consider:
- Ease of use: Probably, the most important factor that you should look for is ease of use. It doesn't matter what features a tool posses, as long as it is complicated to use, then it's all for nothing.
- Flexible capture methods: There are many ways in capturing a screenshot. Sometime, all you need to capture is a small portion, therefore you will need a tool that has a regional capture feature, scrolling webpage capture and more.
- Image editor: A good screen capture tool should provide ways to edit their images.
- Record desktop activities: Capturing images is not enough most of the times. That is why it is essential to have a desktop recorder feature within the tool that you are using.