Lenovo is a household name in the world of electronics. It is a company that specializes in manufacturing desktops, smartphones, laptops, and virtual reality devices. Amongst other computer vendors, it is one of the most popular and trusted. It has built a solid reputation in the production as well as the marketing of IdeaPad, ThinkPad, and other laptops. Reports have suggested that the best laptop that will be used for business activities in the year 2021 is Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon. Furthermore, are you struggling to take screenshots with your Lenovo laptop? Do you know that such is very easy to do? You only need to understand how the process is done correctly. There is no need to bother again though as this post will be providing you with all the needed steps to take screenshots using Lenovo laptops without hassle. The details are explained to enable you to carry out such a process quickly without any limitation.
Why Do You Need to Screenshot on Lenovo Laptop?
Screenshots enable you to share whatever you are browsing or watching on Lenovo laptops. Without a better understanding of how to take screenshots, you will struggle to create tutorials on some subject matters using a laptop. With a screenshot, you will not just show people pictures. The truth is that screenshots are not complicated or difficult to take using a Lenovo laptop. This can be done within seconds without any confusion. For one second, imagine what can be done with such them. If you can take screenshots, there won’t be any need to go online all the time to find information. All you have to do is take them and check out the information later on.
Powerful Methods to Take Screenshots on Lenovo Laptops
1. Using Print Screen Key
It is possible for users to create screenshots using the Print Screen key from various angles. The best part is that a screenshot can be viewed on different devices.
For Lenovo Windows 7 Laptop:
- Locate the key which says “PrtSc”. Now, press it to enable you copy what is on your screen.
- Paint application should be opened.
- Paste the copied screenshot in the application. This can be done through "CRTL V".
For Windows 8 and 10:
- Both Windows & PrtSc keys should be pressed at once.
- Notice when your screen is going to become dim. Once it does, such is a sign that you have successfully taken screenshot.
- To locate this picture, go to pictures --- screenshots.
Please note the following:
- You won’t find the Prtsc key on the ThinkPad X1 Carbon 2nd Generation. This is due to its adaptive keyboard.
- To find the PrtSc key, look at your keyboard’s right hand corner. There are situations whereby such key will be found between Ctrl and Alt.
- Prtsc function doesn’t work during gameplay.
2. Using Snipping Tool
With the snipping tool, it is possible for custom screenshots to be taken on Lenovo laptops. This tool enables you to take different forms of screenshots. These could be Full-screen Snip, Window Snip, Rectangular Snip, and Free-Form snip. It is a tool produced by windows. So long as your system is using Windows, it can be assessed by default. Here are the steps to use it.
- Go to your start menu and search for “Snipping Tool”.
- Using the drop-down menu (Mode or New), choose your preferred screenshot mode.
- Using your left-click mouse, capture by dragging your screen area.
- Take the screenshot and then have it saved on your system.
3. Windows Shortcut Key and Microsoft OneNote
This method is one of the simplest ways on how to take a screenshot on Lenovo laptops. Follow the guide below to learn how to do this.
- Run Microsoft OneNote.
- Choose “Insert” and then “Screen Clipping”.
- OneNote should be right clicked on. Now, the option which says “Send to OneNote” should be chosen.
- Locate the option for “Screen Clipping” and have it clicked on.
- In order to take screenshots using Lenovo ThinkPad laptop, press; S and Windows keys (For Windows 7) and S, shift and Windows keys (For windows 10).
4. Using a Screenshot Software
Your keyboard may not work for one reason or another. There is no need to panic as the Screen Grabber Premium can help you out. This tool allows you to screenshot streaming videos. Also, it comes with various impressive features. One of its best features is to enable you to record online videos and live streams. There is no need to worry about the quality as they will be intact. It has also been built to record microphone voice and sound systems. Screen Grabber Premium gives you everything without any compromise.
Below are some of its benefits:
- Taking screenshots on your Lenovo laptop.
- Recording gameplay, movies, tutorials, videos, Skype calls, and screenshot PDF hassle-free.
- Capturing of streaming sounds as well as microphone voice.
- Recording process can be started or stopped using hotkeys. This can also be used for taking screenshots.
- Video quality, formats, birate, frame rate and others can be easily adjusted.
Try it for Free