Valorant is a 5v5 tactical shooting game developed by Riot Games in 2020. Tons of FPS gamers get excited to play this because they can communicate with others or play with their friends. Aside from the exhilarating experience people get while playing, recording the game itself is a great idea. By capturing the whole round, you can have a piece of memory of the winning moment against your opposers. Moreover, you can share how the whole Valorant match went to the internet for entertainment pursuits. However, Valorant by itself has no built-in recorder, and you may be wondering how to get this task done. But, we are on your side. This post will teach you how to record Valorant games in four quick solutions using the most outstanding programs in the market.
The Best 4 Valorant Game Recorders
Video Quality: This screencasting software can record Valorant games into different video resolutions from 480P up to 4K. On top of that, it allows you to set your frame per second from 20fps to 60fps.
Salient Features: Screen Grabber Premium offers annotation tools. While recording, you can highlight specific parts with arrows, circles, text, and boxes.
Once you find the best Valorant game recorder, you are already halfway to your victory. Screen Grabber Premium is your one all-in-one solution if you are dedicated to game screen recording. This program contains hotkeys for you to maneuver the recording while on your play easily. Moreover, it allows you to capture two audio sources: the system sound and the microphone. Not just that, you can also create a picture-in-picture effect through your web camera and experience zero lags. Lastly, the program lets you post your recorded Valorant game on different video sites like YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook. Below, we have provided a detailed guide for you to record Valorant games without hassle and complication.
Step 1 Get the Valorant Game Recorder
First, hit the download buttons above. Select which one matches your operating system. If you are a windows user, choose the left button while the right one for Mac devices. Once done locating the program, double click to run and follow the installation process.
Step 2 Choose Your Recording Mode
Once the program's interface loads on the screen, select the third tab, which is the "Game Recorder." Afterward, allow the program as your administrator. Once done, expand the "Select Game" tab and click on the window for your Valorant game. Hit "OK," and move to the next step.
Step 3 Configure Camera and Sound Requirements
If you wish to insert your facial reactions while playing, switch on the “Web Camera.” Make sure to install an external camera if your device does not have a built-in one. Moreover, toggle on the “system Sound” to capture the audio on your game. For your voiceover, turn on the “Microphone” button. When ready, hit the “REC” button to start.
Step 4 Preview and Save the Recording
When you are done playing the Valorant game, hit the “Stop” button to end the recording. Alternatively, you can press Command + Alt + S as your hotkey. After that, a new window will appear where you can watch your recordings. You can also trim the length of the file by moving the in and out playhead. Once done, hit “Save.”
2. OBS Studio
Video Quality: You can capture your Valorant game up to 1080P resolution in 60fps.
Salient Features: OBS Studio lets you create multiple scenes from your window, tab, audio sources, and more. On top of that, you can switch from one scene to another using custom transitions.
OBS Studio is a notable program dedicated mainly to recording and streaming gameplay. Although it is a free Valorant gameplay recorder, tons of professional gamers rely on it because of its undeniable features. You can record not only the whole round in Valorant, but you can also attach a web camera and microphone sound for more compelling content. Moreover, OBS Studio lets you stream your play to different hosting platforms like YouTube and Twitch. OBS Studio still has you covered if you are wondering how to intensify the background sounds from your system audio and microphone. Moreover, the program contains a built-in audio mixer where you can use noise suppression, adjust the audio source's volume, and more. Acquaint yourself with this game recorder for Valorant by reading the guide underneath.
- Once you launch the OBS Studio, head to the “Scene” panel on the lower left of the interface and hit the “Plus” button. After that, create one with a name for your Valorant gameplay. Afterward, go to the “Sources” panel > Add > Game Capture. After that, hit “OK” and wait for another window to appear.
- Next, expand the "Mode" tab and change the default into "Capture Specific Window." After that, select the Valorant game on your computer. Once the Valorant loads on the OBS Studio hit "OK" and prepare for the game. To save your file, hit the "Stop" button and choose your file location.
Video Quality: The program can give you a standard format of 480P, but you can also get the highest quality in 4K resolution.
Salient Features: It contains a video enhancer to take stale clips to their best.
If you are looking for a no lag screen recorder, you should go for WonderFox HD Converter Factory Pro. Video recording is just one of the features that this robust program offers. After recording your Valorant game, you can head to converting the file to formats like MP4, MKV, AVI, TS, and more. Moreover, it supports capturing your system sound and microphone simultaneously. On the other hand, the tool has no option if you need to overlay a web camera. Lastly, the program offers a built-in video editor. With the basic editing tools, you can trim, merge and crop your Valorant clips. As for the advanced tools, you can layer your brand watermark, put subtitles, and lay in 100+ filters. Get to know how you can utilize the program using the guide beneath.
- Open the program on your device and select “Video Recorder” below the interface. Next, select your recording mode to “Full Screen” and hit “OK” in the dialog box. After that, tick the box for the”Microphone” to incorporate the audio on your Valorant game. On the quick setting, set the quality of your recording to high for a more satisfactory output.
- After configuring your recording needs, hit the “REC” button on the left side of the interface. Then, wait for the 5-second countdown, open your Valorant game, and the program will start to record in the background. When done, hit the "Stop" button on the control bar and locate the file on your local folder.
Video Quality: It can record screen activity with the standard quality up to 1080P resolution.
Salient Features: This screen recorder is best for bypassing the time limits when recording long sessions when playing Valorant.
On our final list for the best software to record Valorant gameplay is the FlashBack Express. This program is a great tool to avoid watermarks on your Valorant screen recording. It lets you capture your audio sources and web camera for a more engaging output. Moreover, the program is famous for its easy sharing feature. After recording your play, you only need a few clicks to upload your game on different cloud storage like Google Drive and dropbox. You can also share it instantly to other video-sharing platforms like Youtube. However, if you need to take the advanced features of the program, you will need to upgrade to Flashback Express Pro. With the paid version, you can relish the annotation feature and complete video editing tools, to name a few. Below is a quick tutorial on recording a Valorant game with the tool. If you want to find out about the best screen recorder without a watermark, click here.
- Select the" Record Your Screen" option on the program's welcome screen. Once the settings appear, select the recording mode that you need. You can use the "Full Screen" to capture the entire screen or the "Region" for a particular area. On the Audio setting, check whichever you need, like the system sound alone or with a microphone. You may also add a web camera.
- When all is ready, click the "Record" button on the lower part of the interface. If you choose the "Region" mode, you will have to drag the screen first using your mouse. Once done, click the "Record" button again and wait for the countdown to finish. If you are finished, simply hit the "Stop" button on the control window to save your output.
Comparison Chart about Valorant Game Recorders
|Game Screen Recorders||Recording Dimension||Editing Options||Output Format|
|Screen Grabber Premium||It records gameplays in full screen or specific areas.||AVAILABLE||Screen Grabber Premium lets you record to various video formats like MP4, FLV, AVI, and more.|
|OBS Studio||Full screen, specific window, and multiple screens||NOT AVAILABLE||MP4, FLV, MKV, and more|
|WonderFox HD Video Converter Factory Pro||Full screen and specific screen area||AVAILABLE||MP4 only|
|FlashBack Express||Full screen and specific screen area||AVAILABLE||MP4 only|
Valorant Lingos That Every Gamer Should Know
|This Valorant term refers to when a particular player is able to defeat all the opposing enemies.||“Bomb” is the synonymous word for the “Spike.” Offenders need to plant this on the site of another team which has 45 seconds to deactivate the bomb.||A callout pertains to a specific place on the game map. Some terms you may encounter here are ascent, breeze, and fracture. This term is also used to tell the location of your opposers.||When they say rush in Valorant, it means that the team will overwhelm or attack their enemy by running swiftly towards them.|