As the world of game entertainment developed in the past decades, many video content creators adopted the game community as their source of content. One of the most anticipated and well-rated video game consoles that have been released in this 21st century is Nintendo Switch. This game console was developed and released by Nintendo in most regions on March 3, 2017. The console itself can be either used as a home console or used as a portable device, making it a hybrid console. Additionally, this console supports online gaming through internet connectivity, allowing users to share their gameplays on various platforms such as Twitch, YouTube, Vimeo, and more. Suppose you want to record gameplay on Switch. In that case, this article is for you because we listed the most feasible walk-through on how to record Switch gameplay.
How to Record Switch Gameplay with Capture Card
If you want to stream gameplay from Nintendo Switch or record great gameplay content for your social media accounts. You need to have a capture card to do it. In this part, we will discuss how to capture cards such as HD60 S works with Nintendo Switch. A capture card like the HD60 S is a zero-lag capture card device that can take a feed between your Switch and your TV or monitor. Additionally, this capture card can capture audio using an HDMI cable. More so, it is one of the best tools to capture gameplay footage because the gameplay isn't gonna be processed through additional software. The best thing about this this too is it can screen record without lag for your gameplay videos.
OS Supported: Windows and Mac
Under are the listed walk-throughs on how to record Nintendo Switch gameplay using a capture card.
- First, connect your Nintendo Switch to your capture card. Then plug in one HDMI in HD60 S import. Then use another HDMI cable to plugin into the outport to your TV or monitor.
- Next, the HD60 S then connects to your computer using USB. This tool can also capture audio through HDMI. Simply remove the headset plugged in your Nintendo Switch and let the audio connection to the capture card.
- Once done, on how to record gameplay on Switch, simply click the record button on the capture card. If you want to end and stop the recording, just simply click the stop button to save the recording.
- It can support gameplay recording up to 1080p quality video.
- It can record up to 60FPS.
- It is well performed on Mac operating systems which most capture cards can’t perform well.
- The images are slightly delayed from the live video due to its H.264 compressor.
How to Record Switch Gameplay Without Capture Card on PC
The easiest way to record gameplay on a PC from Nintendo Switch is by using screen recording software. AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium is a fascinating and innovative tool to record Switch gameplay on PC. With its intuitive and comprehensive functionalities, even new users of this tool can easily record their gameplays from Switch. Additionally, this tool can select a recording area or particular area to record the screen. It can also save the recorded gameplay into various formats such as MP4, WMA, MOV, and more. More so, users can freely choose to record gameplay videos and input audio using system sound or from a microphone.
Price: $42.95 Lifetime support/2 PCs
OS Supported: Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Mac OS X 10.10 and above.
Below are the detailed walk-through on how to record Switch gameplay without a capture card.
Step 1 Install Screen Grabber Premium
First, connect your Switch to your computer and show your gameplay video on your computer screen. Then, you can click and utilize the download button below to proceed with the process. To fully install it, pass through all installation prompts.
Try it for Free
Step 2 Optimize the Settings
Then, a pop-up interface will appear, analyze its functionality, and get familiarized with the tool. Go to the menu bar to modify and customize settings. Change the output settings according to your preferred formats, layouts, and video parameters. Click the Ok button to save changes.
Step 3 Start Recording
On how to capture Switch gameplay, just click the Video Recorder to utilize the display, video source, audio source, and more. Then click the Rec button to initiate recording. A click board will appear to provide a pause and play function, adding annotation and ending the recording process.
Step 4 Play Recorded Switch Gameplay
Finally, once the recording has been finished and stopped, a pop-up media player will show to preview your recorded Nintendo Switch gameplay. That’s it above are the steps on how to capture Switch gameplay on PC. To record again, follow the steps above to do it. This steps can also be used on how to record gameplay videos for PC.
- It has different output quality that you can choose from, up to 1080p.
- The tool can be navigated using shortcut keys.
- It can use the Lock Window feature to record gameplay on a specific window.
- It has a task scheduler to record screens at a predefined time.
- Not available on mobile devices.