Live video streaming is one of the most effective methods to reach and interact with your public. In other words, live video streaming is the next step in the evolution of live television. Most social media networks, such as YouTube and Facebook, allow you to share a live broadcast by clicking a button. As easy as that. In addition, there are several platforms designed specifically for live streaming. However, specific live streaming videos are scheduled, such as games, seminars, special events, and more. So, some viewers struggle to keep up with live streaming videos' schedules for personal reasons. That is why screen recorders are created. By keeping a record of your live events, you enable yourself and your viewers to re-watch the videos. The question now is, what screen recorder should you use? This post will provide you with the finest streaming video recorders you can use to record live streaming videos easily. Make sure to scrutinize each of them to know what suits you best.
Record Live Stream Video with Screen Grabber Premium
AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium is a powerful live streaming recorder since it can record live videos to 1080p quality. This tool allows you to capture in full-screen, regional, webcam, and around the mouse. Moreover, it can help you record live stream videos, especially if you are not in front of your computer screen, through the "Task Scheduler" feature. By enabling this unique feature, you may set a schedule for the upcoming live stream, and the tool will work automatically. Besides, you can annotate the video, like shapes, lines, texts, and arrows, to highlight the vital part. You can start using this tool by following the steps listed below.
Step 1 Download and Install the Streaming Video Recorder
Since this tool is available on Windows and Mac, you can refer to one of the "Download" buttons above. Once downloaded, launch it and follow the steps on installing this tool on your computer. After that, open the software to get used to its interface.
Step 2 Configure the Recording Settings
Next, click the gear icon at the upper rightmost part of the tool to go to its "Settings." You can select your preferred format, output folder, the cursor's color, hotkeys, and more. Then, click the "OK" button to apply the changes.
Step 3 Start to Record Streaming Video
Click the "REC" button at the rightmost part of the tool to start recording your screen instantly. Toggle as well the audio sources to incorporate sound on your recording. After the three-second countdown, you can now record stream videos from websites like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Netflix movies, etc.
Step 4 Watch the Recorded Video
Once done, click the "Stop" button, and the tool will show you a playback window. You can watch the recorded video from there and save it on your computer. If you are unsatisfied with the recording, click the "Re-record" button to start again.
Capture Live Streams Online with Free Screen Recorder
AceThinker Online Screen Recorder records live streams on your PC without the need to install any software on your computer. This web-based tool allows you to record any activity on your Windows or Mac screen with one click. Despite being an online tool, it will record live stream videos in HD quality like 720p and 1080p. Besides, it can record full screen, selected region, and even your web camera. Aside from that, its online tool can also add annotations like shapes, lines, and arrows on the recording, like the Screen Grabber Pro, which is free to use. However, unlike the Screen Grabber Pro, it does not offer a "Task Scheduler." To begin using this tool, follow the guidelines below.
Step 1 Go to the website of AceThinker Online Screen Recorder
First, visit the official website of the AceThinker Online Screen Recorder to start using it. From there, click the "Start Recording" button. It is at the middle part of its main page, and it will ask you to install a launcher that would only take a few seconds to do. After that, the tool will show you a floating toolbar that you can use for recording.
Step 2 Begin live video recording
Next, find the live streaming video that you want to download. While streaming, go back to the tool and click the "Record" button at the toolbar's leftmost part. You can click the "Pen" icon to put shapes, lines, arrows, and texts on the video.
Step 3 Preview the video
Once done, click the "Stop" button at the leftmost part of the recording toolbar to end the recording process. The video playback will automatically appear on the tool's bottom part, and double-clicking the file will play. You can also edit the video by clicking the "Pen" icon.
Record Live Streaming Videos with VideoProc Screen Recorder Free
VideoProc is a one-stop video processing software. It is super easy to use to record, convert, compress MP4, edit, download videos, burn DVDs, and much more. This built-in free screen recorder provides multiple recording options. It records the full screen, records a custom computer screen, records webcam, audio sources at the same time. Therefore, you can do extensive recording activites with the program's assitance. Besides, it also supports recording webcam with Green Screen effect. With the help of this little gem, you will embrace your "wow moments" at how efficient it can be.
- First, open the VideoProc on your device and click the Recorder button from its menu. After that, select the type of your recording whether you need to capture the screen, webcam or both at the top of the interface.
- Next, you may also ddjust the recording settings by heading over to the Gear icon
- Open a live streaming video you want to record. Once done, hit the REC button from the program to commence the recording process. Finally, hit the "Stop" button and you will see the file loaded on the program with its indicated output folder.
- First, launch the application on oyur device. In the main Wirecast window, click the "Record" button. Then, choose either "Record To Disk - MOV" or "Record To Disk - MP4" under the "Destination" dropdown menu. Then, click "OK."
- In the next window that will appear, take your time to configure the system settings. If you're using an MP4 encoding, we recommend sticking to the H.264 options in the encoding settings dropdown menu.
- Now, click Browse to choose the destination folder for your recordings. Then, click "OK" to confirm. Finally, click record again in the main Wirecast window to begin recording your output. As long as the record button lights up in green, the program is recording your stream and will continue to record in the event that your connection is compromised.
- While actively recording a single or multiple-channel recorder, a new file is produced if an additional video input source has been added to the recorder. To start recording, an SD card must be installed.
- After formatting an SD card with Pearl Mini, do not change the SD card's default file folder structure. Ejecting the SD card while the recording session is still going on could corrupt the SD card and result in data loss.
- Before removing the SD card, turn off the Pearl Mini. Then, before shutting down the system, stop all recording. When using Pearl Mini with a CMS, we recommend using large capacity SD cards with 256 GB or greater capacity. Recordings that are higher or longer than the Pearl Mini's SD card capacity should not be scheduled.
- Once you launch the Movavi Screen Recorder on your device, go to Settings and adjust the frame rate to 60 fps.
- Open the window with live video and select the area you need to record. It can be a specific window, a part of the screen, or the whole screen.
- Afterward, click on the "speakers" icon to enable system sound recording. Then, click the red round button to start the recording and stop it when needed. Finally, save the results in any convenient format.
Tips: If you find buffers or dead time in the live streaming videos, you can move to the built-in video editing kit in VideoProc. You can easily cut, crop, convert, regulate recording settings, etc., with the help of video editing tools.
How to Record Live Video With Streaming Server - Wirecast
Wirecast is a live broadcasting software, developed by Telestream, enables users to live stream to any RTMP destination. What's impressive about this program is that it supports recording streams locally. Wirecast software works with various capture cards, devices, and camera inputs. This encoding option includes live switching, picture-in-picture composition, titles, and audio delay. If you need to utilize the pre-recorded video in your live broadcast, Wirecast makes it simple. Wirecast is compatible with a variety of other technologies. It simultaneously supports multiple video capture and live inputs (Wirecast Go, USB, Capture Card, NDI, Webstream IP sources). Apart from that, it also supports GPU-accelerated encoding and has a built-in Pro Audio fx. You can check the steps below for more understanding of how to use this tool.
How to Record Live Stream Video Using Hardware Encoder
Another way to record a live stream video is by using Epiphan's Pearl Mini. This tool delivers 1080p HD live streaming and recording. It is one of the professional hardware encoders with cloud-based configuration, monitoring, and custom layout design. Besides, Epiphan's Pearl Mini can simultaneously live stream and record YouTube, Facebook, other content delivery networks, and content management systems. This is done using SRT, HLS, MPEG-DASH, custom RTMP/RTMPS, and RTSP. A channel can be recorded as an AVI, MOV, MPEG-TS, MP4, or MP4-Fragmented file on the Pearl Mini. Using any local user interface, you can quickly stop and start recording.
How to Record Live Stream With Movavi Screen Recorder
Movavi Screen Recorder is a part of the Movavi software package. It lets you record your screen with a webcam overlay and sound from multiple sources. By changing the frame rate to 60 fps, you can record Full HD videos (provided the live video is in Full HD too). The app also can take snapshots during the recording and draw on video. Plus, you can grab snapshots in a separate mode and edit them on the go – add text, lines, arrows, and more. The handy Scheduler will help you not miss any live stream to set the date and time, and it will automatically start to record the window you've opened. The exporting options include a variety of formats (MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, WEBM, GIF, and MP3) and sharing videos to YouTube and Google Drive. If you need to know how to record YouTube livestream, refer on this guide.
FAQs about Live Stream Recording
And htat's it! Now you have all the possible working solutions at your disposal to record any livestream events that will come. WE hope