Live streaming has become a way to broadcast live video to viewers over the internet. Anything transmitted on social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, and Twitter can be watched by audiences live. However, some of the live streaming videos are scheduled like games, webinars, special events, and the likes. Some viewers have a hard time catching up on the schedules of live streaming videos due to their day jobs and responsibilities. That is why we suggest using a screen recorder to watch the recorded live stream when you have free time. The question is, what are the best screen recorders to use? In this article, we will show you the best streaming video recorders with advanced features for you to record live streaming video at ease. Keep on reading below to see all of them.
Why Record Live Streaming Videos?
It's a good idea to record your media stream not just for the sake of having a backup but also for future use. Consider all the effort you have put into creating the content, so why would you ignore it and allow it to sink? It's possible to reuse the streams! You may use them on various social media sites to boost your exposure and expand your audience. Let us look at some of the several common reasons broadcasters choose to record YouTube live stream.
Reach a Larger Audience
The opportunity to reach a bigger audience is perhaps the most significant advantage of using a live stream recorder. This strategy is beneficial when it comes to live events. Only a tiny fraction of your entire potential audience can likely tune in to a live event in real-time due to schedule difficulties and other issues. Given this fact, producing a recording and posting it after the broadcast may easily double your overall viewers. Moreover, recordings help us reach people who don't have a fast enough internet connection to watch the live-streamed events.
An audience may discover so much value in a stream that they come back to re-watch your live stream recording again and again. Because these devoted fans are more likely to tune in to future broadcasts and live events, nurturing ties with them is essential.
Generate Bigger Revenue
One of the most common reasons for streaming video material online is to make money. If you want to optimize your income, recording streams for on-demand replay can assist. As previously stated, the majority of views for any given show will very certainly come after the live event. However, that is only feasible if you make the material available to your audience.
Previews & Promo Reels
Other great use of your previous recording includes commercials, promo reels, and demonstrations of your past works. Even though the old video footage is worthless in its own right, it might be used as "b-roll" or background shots. Utilize footage from previous live stream to build a compilation that highlights your company's or organization's work during video editing. A quick succession of clips displaying numerous events, presenters, meetings, and other pre-recorded footage may convey a lot of information.
Record Live Stream Video with Screen Grabber Premium
AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium is a robust live streaming recorder since it can record live videos to 1080p quality. This tool allows you to capture in full-screen, regional, webcam, and around the mouse. It also has a unique feature called the "Task Scheduler," which enables you to set a schedule to record a video automatically. It can help you record live stream videos, especially if you are not in front of your computer screen. Besides, you can put annotations on the video like shapes, lines, texts, and arrows to point out the vital part. You can start using this tool by following the steps that we listed below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and Install the Streaming Video Recorder
Since this tool is available on Windows and Mac, you can refer to one of the "Download" buttons above. Once downloaded, launch it and follow the steps on installing this tool on your computer. After that, open the software to get used to its interface.
Step 2 Configure the Recording Settings
Next, click the gear icon at the upper rightmost part of the tool to go to its "Settings." You can select your preferred format, output folder, the color of the cursor, hotkeys, and more. Then, click the "OK" button to apply the changes.
Step 3 Start to Record Streaming Video
Click the "REC" button at the rightmost part of the tool to instantly start recording your screen. You can record streaming videos from any website like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook and can also capture Amazon Prime video, Netflix movies, etc.
Step 4 Watch the Recorded Video
Once done, click the "Stop" button, and the tool will show you a playback window. You can watch the recorded video from there, and you can save it on your computer. In case you are not satisfied with the recording, click the “Re-record” button to start again.
Record Live Streaming Videos with VideoProc Screen Recorder Free
VideoProc is a one-stop video processing software, super easy to use to record, convert, compress, edit, download videos, burn DVDs, and much more. With a built-in free & amazing screen recorder, it provides multiple recording options, eg. record a full computer screen, record a custom computer screen, record webcam, record audio, or record screen & webcam at the same time. So you can record the whole screen either with system audio or a voice-over. Or to capture any area of the screen you want. Besides, it also supports recording webcam with Green Screen effect. With the help of this little gem, you will definitely embrace your "wow moments" at how efficient it can be.
- Open the built-in screen recorder in VideoProc.
- Adjust recording settings.
- Open a live streaming video you want to record.
- Select a recording area.
- Record the live streaming video and save it to your PC.
Tips: If you find there are buffers or dead time in the live streaming videos, you can move to the built-in video editing kit in VideoProc. You can easily cut, crop, convert, regulate recording settings, etc. with the help of video editing tools.
Capture Live Streams Online with Free Screen Recorder
Another AceThinker tool that can record live stream on pc without installing any software on your computer is the Online Screen Recorder. This web-based tool allows you to record any activity on your Windows or Mac screen with one click. Despite being an online tool, it will surely record live stream videos in HD quality like 720p and 1080p. Besides, you have the option to record in full-screen, region mode, and web camera. Aside from that, this online tool can also add annotations like shapes, lines, and arrows on the recording, just like the Screen Grabber Pro, and you can use it for free. To begin using this tool, follow the guidelines below.
Step 1 Go to the website of AceThinker Online Screen Recorder
First, visit the official website of the AceThinker Online Screen Recorder to start using it. From there, click the "Start Recording" button at the middle part of its main page, and it will ask you to install a launcher that would only take a few seconds to do. After that, the tool will show you a floating toolbar that you can use for recording.
Step 2 Begin live video recording
Next, find the live streaming video that you want to download. While streaming, go back to the tool and click the "Record" button at the toolbar's leftmost part. You can click the "Pen" icon to put shapes, lines, arrows, and texts on the video.
Step 3 Preview the video
Once done, click the "Stop" button at the leftmost part of the recording toolbar to end the recording process. The video playback will automatically appear on the tool's bottom part, and double-clicking the file will automatically play. You can also edit the video by clicking the "Pen" icon.
Record Live Video With Browser Extension - Screencastify
Screencastify is a Chrome browser extension that can record live stream videos quickly. It can also edit videos by doing trim, cut, crop, merge, add annotations, and more. All the videos recorded by this tool are saved to Google Drive automatically. Moreover, this tool is considered a 1080P screen recorder, and it can embed your webcam into the recording. Besides, you can export the video to MP4, MKV, GIF, MP3, and more. Most of the users reviewed this screen recording extension as the most accessible tool to record live stream videos. As you stream a video, it will detect it and make it downloadable for you. For more understanding of how to use this tool, you can check the steps below.
- Click the link provided above to access its official website and install this Chrome screen recorder.
- After installing, you will find the icon of Screencastify beside the URL bar of your Chrome browser. Sign in to your Google account to begin using it.
- Now, play the live stream video, and click the Screencastify icon and press the Record button. It will start recording everything on your desktop screen, including the live stream video.
- Once done, click the “Stop sharing” button that you will find at the bottom of your screen to end the recording process. It will bring you to a new window where you can watch the video or download it on your PC.
How to Record Live Stream With Movavi Screen Recorder
Movavi Screen Recorder is a part of the Movavi software package. It enables you to record your screen with webcam overlay and sound from multiple sources. By changing the frame rate up to 60 fps, you can record Full HD videos (provided the live video is in Full HD too). The app also has the ability to take snapshots during the recording and draw on video. Plus, you can grab snapshots in a separate mode and edit them on the go – add text, lines, arrows, and more. The handy Scheduler will help you not to miss any live stream as you can set the date and time, and it will automatically start to record the window you’ve opened. The exporting options include a variety of formats (MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, WEBM, GIF, and MP3), as well as sharing videos to YouTube and Google Drive.
- Install Movavi Screen Recorder on your computer. It is compatible with Mac and Windows.
- Launch the program and go to the Settings to adjust the frame rate to 60 fps.
- Open the window with live video and select the area you need to record. It can be a specific window, a part of the screen, or the full screen.
- Click on the "speakers" icon to enable system sound recording.
- Click the red round button to start the recording and stop it when needed.
- Save the results in any convenient format.
The Default Way to Record Live Stream Videos on Android
Using a third-party screen recorder app on your Android is sometimes dangerous because it may bring viruses to your mobile phone. With that being said, we suggest you do the default way of recording your Android screen. However, not all Android phones have a built-in screen recorder. Only phones running on Android 10 already have their screen recorder, notably Samsung and LG phones. If you are using a Samsung phone, it is so easy to access its screen recording feature. For other phones, you might have to send an ADB command (Android Debug Bridge) to access its built-screen recorder. On the other hand, we will list the steps on how to use Android's default screen recorder.
- For Samsung and LG phones, swipe down twice on the Quick Settings menu to see the "Screen recorder" tile. Click on it to start recording your phone while the live stream video is playing.
- For other Android 10 devices, download Google’s Platform-Tools files on your computer by clicking this link.
- Next, connect your Android phone to your computer. Then, unhide the Developer Options menu by tapping the "Build number" seven times in a row on the "About Phone" under the "Settings" tab of your phone.
- You will be prompted to type your lock screen password for you to enable the "You are now a developer!" option. After that, go back to "Settings," and choose "Advanced," and then choose "Developer options." It will show you a dialogue box saying "Allow USB debugging?" then select "OK" to finish.
- Once done, long-press the "Power" button to access the power menu, and then press and hold the "Screenshot" button until the "Screen Recording" button appears. Tap on it, and a new tab will appear. On that tab, select "Start now" while watching the live stream on your Android to start recording it.
How to Capture Live Video on iOS Devices
We all know that iOS devices can take screenshots easily. But not all users know that iOS phones can do screen recording. It can record your iPhone screen in 1080p resolution and can record in full-screen view. Luckily, it is so easy to do it. As soon as you start recording, you can open different apps or visit a website where you can watch live streaming videos. On that note, it will surely record live streaming videos for you to watch offline. Keep in mind that you need to enable the screen recording feature by adding it to your Control Center to quickly record your phone screen. To do it, keep on reading below to see the steps on how to access it.
- Go to "Settings," select "Control Center," and proceed to "Customize Controls." From there, tap the “Plus” icon next to Screen Recording.
- Next, swipe up from the bottom of your iOS phone screen and long-press on the "Record" icon and then tap the “Microphone” button.
- To begin, search for the live stream video that you want to record. Then, click the “Start “Recording” button from the Control Center of your iOS phone and wait for three seconds to start recording.
- Once done, go to the “Photos” app, and select your recorded video to play it.
FAQs about Live Stream Recording
1. What is the best streaming video recorder?
AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium can claim the title as the best video recorder. Why? It can record any happenings in your computer screen with audio while preserving it on high-quality output. Moreover, its user interface is so simple that it allows you to do the process within a few clicks.
2. How to record streaming video on Windows 10?
You can use the built-in screen recorder for Windows 10 devices, which is the Game Bar. Here, just press the combination Win+G using your keyboard, and its interface will appear. Hit the "Record" button to start it. Once done, click the "Stop" button to save it on your Windows 10 PC.
3. Is there any way to record streaming TV?
Yes, you can download and install a third-party app like PlayOn to record streaming TV. The app can record all of the episodes in a series.
4. Can VLC recording streaming video?
Yes, it can. On VLC, go to Media, then select Open Network Stream. Paste the network URL, then hit the drop-down menu and select Stream to start.