One of the most effective methods to reach and interact with your public is live video streaming. In other words, live video streaming is the next step in the evolution of live television. Most social media networks, such as YouTube and Facebook, allow you to share a live broadcast by clicking a button. As easy as that. In addition, there are several platforms designed specifically for live streaming. However, specific live streaming videos, such as games, seminars, special events, and more, are scheduled. So, some viewers struggle to keep up with the schedules of live streaming videos due to personal reasons. That is why screen recorders are created. Live stream recording tools allow you to capture your live stream. By keeping a record of your live events, you enable yourself and your viewers to re-watch the videos. The question now is, what screen recorder should you use? This post will provide you with the finest streaming video recorders that you can use to record live streaming videos easily. Make sure to scrutinize each of them to know what suits you best.
Record Live Stream Video with Screen Grabber Premium
AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium is a robust live streaming recorder since it can record live videos to 1080p quality. This tool allows you to capture in full-screen, regional, webcam, and around the mouse. It can help you record live stream videos, especially if you are not in front of your computer screen. It also has a unique feature called the "Task Scheduler," which enables you to set a schedule to record a video automatically. Besides, you can put annotations on the video like shapes, lines, texts, and arrows to point out the vital part. You can start using this tool by following the steps that we listed below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and Install the Streaming Video Recorder
Since this tool is available on Windows and Mac, you can refer to one of the "Download" buttons above. Once downloaded, launch it and follow the steps on installing this tool on your computer. After that, open the software to get used to its interface.
Step 2 Configure the Recording Settings
Next, click the gear icon at the upper rightmost part of the tool to go to its "Settings." You can select your preferred format, output folder, the cursor's color, hotkeys, and more. Then, click the "OK" button to apply the changes.
Step 3 Start to Record Streaming Video
Click the "REC" button at the rightmost part of the tool to instantly start recording your screen. You can now record stream videos from websites like YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Netflix movies, etc.
Step 4 Watch the Recorded Video
Once done, click the "Stop" button, and the tool will show you a playback window. You can watch the recorded video from there, and you can save it on your computer. If you are not satisfied with the recording, click the "Re-record" button to start again.
Capture Live Streams Online with Free Screen Recorder
AceThinker Online Screen Recorder records live streams on your PC without the need to install any software on your computer . This web-based tool allows you to record any activity on your Windows or Mac screen with one click. Despite being an online tool, it will record live stream videos in HD quality like 720p and 1080p. Besides, you have the option to record in full-screen, region mode, and web camera. Aside from that, its online tool can also add annotations like shapes, lines, and arrows on the recording, like the Screen Grabber Pro which is free to use. To begin using this tool, follow the guidelines below.
Step 1 Go to the website of AceThinker Online Screen Recorder
First, visit the official website of the AceThinker Online Screen Recorder to start using it. From there, click the "Start Recording" button. It is at the middle part of its main page, and it will ask you to install a launcher that would only take a few seconds to do. After that, the tool will show you a floating toolbar that you can use for recording.
Step 2 Begin live video recording
Next, find the live streaming video that you want to download. While streaming, go back to the tool and click the "Record" button at the toolbar's leftmost part. You can click the "Pen" icon to put shapes, lines, arrows, and texts on the video.
Step 3 Preview the video
Once done, click the "Stop" button at the leftmost part of the recording toolbar to end the recording process. The video playback will automatically appear on the tool's bottom part, and double-clicking the file will play. You can also edit the video by clicking the "Pen" icon.
Record Live Streaming Videos with VideoProc Screen Recorder Free
VideoProc is a one-stop video processing software. It is super easy to use to record, convert, compress MP4, edit, download videos, burn DVDs, and much more. This built-in free screen recorder provides multiple recording options. It records the full screen, records a custom computer screen, records webcam, records audio, or records screen & webcam at the same time. So you can record the whole screen either with system audio or a voice-over. Or to capture any area of the screen you want. Besides, it also supports recording webcam with Green Screen effect. With the help of this little gem, you will embrace your "wow moments" at how efficient it can be.
- Open the built-in screen recorder in VideoProc.
- Adjust recording settings.
- Open a live streaming video you want to record.
- Select a recording area.
- Record the live streaming video and save it to your PC.
Tips: If you find there are buffers or dead time in the live streaming videos, you can move to the built-in video editing kit in VideoProc. You can easily cut, crop, convert, regulate recording settings, etc. with the help of video editing tools.
How to Record Live Video With Streaming Server - Wirecast
Wirecast Live Broadcasting software, developed by Telestream, enables users to live streaming to any RTMP destination. What's impressive about this program is that it supports recording streams locally. Wirecast software works with a variety of capture cards, devices, and camera inputs. This encoding option includes live switching, picture-in-picture composition, titles, audio delay, and others. If you need to utilize the pre-recorded video in your live broadcast, Wirecast makes it simple. Wirecast is compatible with a variety of other technologies. It supports multiple video capture and live inputs simultaneously (Wirecast Go, USB, Capture Card, NDI, Webstream IP sources). Apart from that, it also supports GPU-accelerated encoding and has a built-in pro audio fx. For more understanding of how to use this tool, you can check the steps below.
- You need to access its official website and install Wirecast on your computer.
- After installing, launch the application. In the main Wirecast window, click the record button. Then, choose either "Record To Disk - Mov" or "Record To Disk - MP4" under the Destination dropdown menu. Then, click "OK."
- In the next window that will appear, take your time to configure the system settings. If you're using an MP4 encoding, we recommend sticking to the H.264 options in the encoding settings dropdown menu.
- Now, click Browse to choose the destination folder for your recordings. Then, click "OK" to confirm. Finally, click record again in the main Wirecast window to begin recording your output. As long as the record button lights up in green, the program is recording your stream and will continue to record in the event that your connection is compromised.
How to Record Live Stream Video Using Hardware Encoder
Another way to record a live stream video is by using Epiphan's Pearl Mini. This tool delivers 1080p HD live streaming and recording. It is one of the professional hardware encoders with cloud-based configuration, monitoring, and custom layout design. Besides, Epiphan's Pearl Mini can simultaneously live stream and record YouTube, Facebook, other content delivery networks, and content management systems. This is done using SRT, HLS, MPEG-DASH, custom RTMP/RTMPS, and RTSP. A channel can be recorded as an AVI, MOV, MPEG-TS, MP4, or MP4-Fragmented file on the Pearl Mini. Using any local user interface, you can quickly stop and start recording.
- While actively recording a single or multiple-channel recorder, a new file is produced if an additional video input source has been added to the recorder. To start recording, an SD card must be installed; for more information, see SD card installation and file management.
- After formatting an SD card with Pearl Mini, do not change the SD card's default file folder structure. Ejecting the SD card while the recording session is still going on could corrupt the SD card and result in data loss.
- Before removing the SD card, turn off the Pearl Mini. Then, before shutting down the system, stop all recording. When using Pearl Mini with a CMS, we recommend using large capacity SD cards with 256 GB or greater capacity. Recordings that are higher or longer than the Pearl Mini's SD card capacity should not be scheduled.
How to Record Live Stream With Movavi Screen Recorder
Movavi Screen Recorder is a part of the Movavi software package. It enables you to record your screen with webcam overlay and sound from multiple sources. By changing the frame rate to 60 fps, you can record Full HD videos (provided the live video is in Full HD too). The app also can take snapshots during the recording and draw on video. Plus, you can grab snapshots in a separate mode and edit them on the go – add text, lines, arrows, and more. The handy Scheduler will help you not miss any live stream to set the date and time. It will automatically start to record the window you’ve opened. The exporting options include a variety of formats (MP4, MOV, AVI, MKV, WEBM, GIF, and MP3) and sharing videos to YouTube and Google Drive.
- Install Movavi Screen Recorder on your computer. It is compatible with Mac and Windows.
- Launch the program and go to the Settings to adjust the frame rate to 60 fps.
- Open the window with live video and select the area you need to record. It can be a specific window, a part of the screen, or the full screen.
- Click on the "speakers" icon to enable system sound recording.
- Click the red round button to start the recording and stop it when needed.
- Save the results in any convenient format.
FAQs about Live Stream Recording
1. What is the best streaming video recorder?
AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium can claim the title as the best video recorder. Why? It can record any happenings in your computer screen with audio while preserving it on high-quality output. Moreover, its user interface is so simple that it allows you to do the process within a few clicks.
2. How to record streaming video on Windows 10?
You can use the built-in screen recorder for Windows 10 devices, which is the Game Bar. Here, just press the combination Win+G using your keyboard, and its interface will appear. Hit the "Record" button to start it. Once done, click the "Stop" button to save it on your Windows 10 PC. You can also utilize AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium to record your entire screen. Tick the Record Video and select your desired region to capture your screen. Next, tap the stop button to save the recording session.
3. Is there any way to record streaming TV?
Yes, you can download and install a third-party app like PlayOn to record streaming TV. The app can record all of the episodes in a series. Additionally, it can capture live stream videos from different popular sites such as Facebook, YouTube, and more.
4. Can VLC recording streaming video?
Yes, it can. On VLC, go to Media, then select Open Network Stream. Paste the network URL, then hit the drop-down menu and select Stream to start. Afterward, you can capture the entire activity of your computer screen. Hit the stop button to terminate and save the recordings.