HBO Go is an online streaming service that lets users watch HBO productions like movies, TV shows, and documentaries whenever, wherever they want. Following its success, in 2010, the HBO Go app was released, which made HBO Go available on mobile devices. The streaming platform is a paradise of top-notch video entertainment with a sizable video collection. HBO Go does not, however, offer offline watching. Therefore an internet connection is required to stream a video. This is a headache since, even though you can use your mobile device to access HBO Go anywhere, there may not always be an internet connection. Use the best screen recording software to capture HBO Go videos to address this issue. Further reading below will help you discover some of the best tools that you can use to record your HBO Go vidoes.
Record HBO Go Video with Aqua Demo
AceThinker Aqua Demo is an excellent software for recording HBO Go streams. This program stands out from the competition because its features simplify recording screen actions. One is the ability to establish a scheduled task using the "Task Schedule" feature. Thus, the software will automatically record what is on your screen even if you are not at your computer. You will surely never miss a show you want to record on HBO Go with the software. In addition to the features mentioned before, the tool is capable of many additional things. The methods listed below will show you where to find and how to use this tool.
Download for Free
Step 1 Download and Install the HBO Go RecorderYou can download the Aqua Demo installer by selecting one of the two download options above. Please ensure that you are choosing the compatible version for your OS. After that, launch the installer on your PC and adhere to the setup wizard's instructions.
Step 2 Set the Recording Mode and Start the HBO Go Video RecordingTo access the main interface after installation, launch the tool from the PC. Open the HBO Go video in a web browser, click "Audio Recorder" in the tool, and confirm that "System Sound" is "On." Then, click "Video Recorder" again, and select either "Full" or "Custom" as the recording mode. Once everything is ready, start the "Rec" button and play the HBO Go video.
Step 3 End and Save the Recorded HBO Go VideoSelect "Stop" from the recording toolbar when your HBO Go video is finished. A preview window will show up, enabling you to view the saved HBO Go video. Set the destination folder path where you want the video recording to be saved by clicking the "Save" button at the end.
- The tool has a free trial.
- Everything in your display screen can be covered.
- Annotating while recording is possible.
- You have to purchase the VIP account to use other functions like audio and video trimming.
Capture HBO Go Video Online for Free
Another great screen recorder that you can record HBO Go streams is Acethinker Free Screen Recorder Online. This is a web-based application that does not need to be installed. Being a web-based app, it is only accessible thru an internet connection. The tool provides high-quality recorded videos every time as it also captures the same quality as with the source. The tool also allows real-time video editing, which is not common among free screen recorders. The only drawback is that the video will have a watermark if you don't have an account with Acethinker. Overall, this tool is still a top choice among other HBO Go video recorders.
Step 1 Launch Free Screen Recorder OnlineTo launch the tool, visit the official website of this online screen recorder no download. From here, click the "Start Recording" button to access the main interface of the tool.
Step 2 Adjust the Recording Frame and Begin RecordingOnce the tool is launched, drag the frame to fit the section of the screen that you want to record. Once this is done, begin the recording by clicking the "Record" button. To make real-time notes and editing to the video, you can click the "Pen" icon on the recording toolbar. Choose the one that suits your needs from the set of options available.
Step 3 Stop Recording ProcessOnce the video stream is over, finish recording it by clicking the "Stop" button on the floating toolbar. Video playback will appear after hitting the "Stop" button. To save the video into your PC, click the "Save" icon and select "Save as Video."
- It only requires you a web browser to use this tool
- Easily record your PC screen with one click
- No installation required
- It always needs an internet connection to use this tool
Record HBO GO Shows & Movies with PlayOn
You can record HBO Go videos with PlayOn Cloud for Windows and mobile devices. It is an app wherein you can capture or download videos. Getting HBO Go videos with this tool is so easy. It is because you can start recording, and the app will notify you once done. After that, PlayOn Cloud will save the video to its cloud storage and make it downloadable for you. Perfect for creating a backup file for videos you have downloaded. Of course, it can get you an HD-quality video from HBO Go. To know how to use this tool, we will show you the steps below.
- First, go to this PlayOn to download and install the tool.
- Next, launch the PlayOn, and access to HBO Go by logging in your username and password.
- After that, look for the HBO Go movies or TV show that you want to download.
- Lastly, you can stream and then click the "Record" button beside the video's title. It will save the video on its cloud storage, where you can download it to your computer.
- Allows you to stream and record videos at the same time.
- It can also record live TV shows.
- It is not available for Mac.
Tip: HBO Max vs. HBO Now vs. HBO Go:
- HBO Max is the replacement for HBO Now and HBO Go. With this new version, users can access content from across WarnerMedia's catalog. It also produces original content specific to HBO Max, named Max Originals. The platform includes all of HBO's content, including content from TNT, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, CNN, and more. You can take advantage of these contents by paying $9.99 per month with ads or $14.99 per month for ad-free streaming.
- HBO Now was HBO's standalone platform for the US. It is similar to Netflix in that users can watch directly from HBO and do not require a third-party service, site, or cable package. Before it was discontinued, HBO Now cost $14.99 per month, excluding tax. You were billed monthly since the service did not form part of a cable package. You could cancel your subscription without being locked into a more extended contract period.
- HBO Go was the streaming app for subscribers in the US who had a TV cable package subscription to HBO. Unlike HBO Now, HBO Go was part of a TV package and not a standalone service. So without a cable account with an HBO subscription, you cannot log into the HBO Go app. Furthermore, the price of HBO Go varies according to the channel subscription prices for different cable providers.
Watching HBO Go in offline mode is impossible without using a recording tool. There is just no way to watch without internet connectivity when you need to. That is why with the list of tools that can record HBO Go videos above, you will be sure to get the same quality as if you are watching at home. This is true, especially when using Aqua Demo , which is a versatile and functional tool. Being able to capture good quality video and audio at the same time makes it an indispensable tool for your recording needs.