Recording full-screen video is an excellent way to make video tutorials, walkthroughs, previews, gameplay videos, and more. It can include any activity happening on your computer screen along with the audio. Also, it is helpful for video bloggers, especially the ones who are doing a software review. Luckily, there are lots of screen record apps that you can find on the web. However, not all of them are accessible on both Windows or Mac. Some of them are only available on Windows or vice versa. We have searched for the best screen recorder that you can use on both Windows and Mac computers.
Top-Rated Tool to Record Full Screen Video
First on the list is the Screen Grabber Premium. It is a product of the top-rated software company ‘AceThinker’. This tool can be used to record all the activities on your computer in full screen for up to 4K quality if available. Besides, it has several file formats to choose from like MP4, MOV, WMV, and more. Aside from that, this tool is perfect to use especially when you want to record movies or videos on your computer because of its HD quality. In fact, we provided you some of its features and steps on how to use this tool.
Try it for Free
- It allows you to record your computer screen according to the settings that you prefer.
- Just in case you want to record only audio, this tool is really perfect for you because of its high-quality audio.
- While recording the screen, you can edit the recordings by adding annotations, text, and lines on it.
- Screen Grabber Premium has a Task Scheduler that you can use to schedule your recordings according to your preferences.
- It has a screen capture option wherein it lets you capture your computer screen anytime you want.
Step 1 Save the Tool on your Computer
First, you have to install the tool on your computer by clicking one of the "Download" buttons that you can see above. Launch the installation wizard and follow the guidelines to completely install the tool on your PC. After that, open the software on your computer to access its main interface.
Step 2 Record full desktop screen
Next, hit the "Video Recorder" button from the main interface then select "Full" to record a full screen on your computer screen. After that, hit the "Rec" button at the right part of the tool to start recording.
Step 3 Save and Play the Recorded Video
Once the recording is done, you have to click the "Red" icon from the floating toolbar to stop the recording. A window then will pop up showing the recorded video. From here, hit the "Save" button to save it on your computer. This free screen recorder without watermark lets you preview the video that you have recorded just right-click on the filename and hit play.
Alternative Programs for Full Screen Capture
1. OBS Studio
OBS Studio is another popular full screen recorder which is ad-free and open-source software. The recordings and streaming can be done in high quality. There are two versions of the software, trail, and pro. Trail version provides you access with minimum features but the pro version lets you access the full potential of the application.
- Both audio and video can be recorded and mixed in real-time
- Configurations can be set according to the desired output of the video
- Presence of filters for videos
- Various themes
- The full screen mode is available during recording
- High-quality recordings can be done with an improvised performance of CPU
- The length of the video is unlimited. But the pro version is required for this feature
- Only 30 seconds video can be recorded if the trial version of the application is present
- There will be a presence of a watermark in the trial version of the software
- The setup of the application can take some time because of the file size