Recording full-screen video is an excellent way to make video tutorials, reviews, gameplay, and more. It can include any activity on your computer screen alongside your audio and web camera. Especially, screen recorders are helpful for vloggers who are fond of creating software reviews. If you are one of them, the good news is that there are lots of screen record apps that you can find on the web. However, not all of them are accessible on all platforms. Have you just found the right one? If not, you are in the right place. Our team has searched for the best screen recorder you can use on both Windows and Mac computers.
Top-Rated Tool to Record Full-Screen Video
First on the list is the Screen Grabber Premium. This free screen recorder without a watermark is a product of the top-rated software company "AceThinker." The tool can be used to record all the activities on your computer on full screen. And it can record for up to 4K quality if available. Besides, it has several file formats, like MP4, MOV, WMV, and more. Aside from that, this tool is perfect to use, especially when you want to record movies or videos on your computer because of its HD quality. We provided you with some of its features and steps to use this tool.
- It allows you to record your computer screen according to your preferred settings.
- Just in case you want to record only audio, this tool is perfect for you because of its high-quality audio.
- While recording the screen, you can edit the recordings by adding annotations, text, and lines.
- Screen Grabber Premium has a Task Scheduler that you can use to schedule your recordings according to your preferences.
- It has a screen capture option that lets you capture your computer screen anytime.
Step 1 Save the Tool on your Computer
First, you have to install Screen Grabber Premium on your computer by clicking one of the "Download" buttons that you can see above. Launch the installation wizard and follow the guidelines to install the tool on your PC completely. After that, open the software on your computer to access its main interface.
Step 2 Record Full Desktop Screen
Next, hit the "Video Recorder" button from the main interface, then select "Full" to record an entire screen on your computer screen. After that, hit the "Rec" button to start recording.
Step 3 Save and Play the Recorded Video
Once done recording, click the "Red" icon from the floating toolbar to stop the recording. A window then will pop up showing the recorded video. From here, hit the "Save" button to save it on your computer. Moroever, it lets you preview the video that you have recorded.
Alternative Programs for Full-Screen Capture
1. OBS Studio
OBS Studio is another popular full-screen recorder that is ad-free and open-source software. The recordings and streaming are sure of high quality. Moreover, it allows you to seamlessly record multiple scenes and switch between them while the recording is in progress. Are you interested to find more about this program andits alternatvies? Click here.
- Both audio and video can be recorded and mixed in real-time.
- The tools' configurations setting can be set according to the desired output of the video.
- Presence of filters for videos.
- Various themes
- The full-screen mode is available during recording.
- High-quality recordings can be done with an improvised performance of the CPU.
- The length of the video is unlimited. But the pro version is required for this feature.
- Only 30 seconds video can be recorded if the trial version of the application is present.
- There will be a presence of a watermark in the trial version of the software.
- The setup of the application can take some time because of the file size.
2. Free Cam
The name Free Cam itself denotes it is a full-screen recorder for free of cost. It helps you record high-quality videos and tune them as needed. It provides the user with the most features and interactive user interfaces. With this, it can be prioritized in the professional market.
The trial version provides many amazing features but limits output format, annotations, and many more. With the pro version, you can export your videos in MP4 format, and recording can also include your webcam. There will also be a feature of annotations and hotkeys.
- Presence of voice-over for interactive videos.
- Videos can be edited, and audios= can be refined.
- System sounds can also be recorded, and mouse cursors can be featured.
- Videos can be shared instantly on YouTube.
- It can record high-definition videos.
- It is simply free of watermarks and ads.
- Videos can be recorded for unlimited time.
- Presence of background noise cancellation.
- It lacks the feature of recording videos from a webcam
- The output format cannot be changed in the trial version, and WMV recording output is only available.
One of the best full-screen recorders for PC is FlashBack Express. It lets you capture a full screen during recording and provides a feature of audio input for commentary and music in real-time. Especially for gamers, FlashBack Express lets you add images, arrows, and texts to your videos for more interactive results.
- It helps you capture high-quality videos while maintaining the system's high performance.
- Video customization with FX, sounds, and stickers can be done.
- Editing on the video can be done without any fuss.
- Fullscreen can be captured, or custom screen recording can be done.
- No presence watermark on videos after recording.
- There is no limit on the length of the screen recording.
- A Pro version of the software is required for full features and the tools access. Which come as full video editing, video effects, adding annotations, and more.
Though Debut Video Capture has been on the last of the list, it is one of the most impressive screen recorders of all time. It not only captures your screen but lets you perform more in your video recordings. Videos can be It has many unique features that set it apart from the rest of the screen recorders. It lets you capture recordings from external devices, select video outputs, add annotations, and many more.
- There is the presence of a time-lapse recording of the screen.
- Audio and Video configurations can be set as required.
- Video effects and color settings can be set as well.
- You can even schedule your recordings.
- It helps you record your entire screen or custom screen size
- It can capture videos from webcam and even network IP cameras
- Presence of limitless time for screen recording
- Watermarks are not present in the recorded videos
- Only non-commercial use of the software is available in the trial version
- It lacks interactive design and interface
|Tools||Supported Formats||Edit Recordings||Screenshot Feature|
|AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium||GIF, MP4, M4A, and more.||Trimming, cropping, adding annotations, and more.||Possible|
|OBS Studio||FLV or MKV||None||Not Possible|
|Free Cam||GIF, MP4, AVI||Filters, cropping, trimming, and more.||Possible|
|FlashBack Express||MP4 and MKV||Cropping, rotating, trimming, and more.||Possible|
|Debut Video Capture||AVI, WMV, M4 and more.||Cropping, rotating, and more.||Possible|