Humans are social beings. The notion is true that no man is an island; no one can refute how much we love connecting with other people through the thing we call communication. From sending love letters abroad to the invention of instant messaging apps, we are now in an era where you can video chat. Speaking of video calling, one of the reliable programs people use is Google Duo. This communication program is accessible over the web, on laptops, tablets, and even on your phone. One more thing, it is known for conducting high-definition video calls despite low internet connection speed. However, like other programs, this program is limited when recording the call is at stake. This is important if you want to remember you meaningful conversations. But we got you covered! In this post, we will share 4 quick fixes to have Google Duo recording.
How to Record Duo Calls on Windows/Mac
Distinctive Feature: It lets you record your gameplay or any recording on-screen at 4K resolution. Plus you can export your work directly to different internet sites.
Price: The premium plan for this screen recorder is only $42.95 as a one-time payment. You can use the tool on two devices and enjoy a lifetime of customer support and regular update.
If you want a Google Duo recording, you will have to find the best program to do it. Therefore, Screen Grabber Premium is your best solution for this matter. This robust program allows you to record your device's screen activity without worrying about the time. The sky is your limit whether you have an hour of a video call or more. Moreover, this screen recorder can capture your screen at 60 frames per second at 1080p resolution. So you would not have to get anxious about the quality of your file. This Windows and Mac compatible program lets you save your recorded files into various output formats. Some of these are the WMA, MP4, MOV, AVI, and more. Using the Screen Grabber Premium, you could let the program record in the background and save your file for later viewing. To get a hand in the program, refer to the quick guide below.
Try it for Free.
Step 1 Install the best screen recorder for PC.
Begin by clicking the download button above. If you are a Windows user, click the left download button and the right button if you have a Mac device. Complete the installation process by following the wizard. Then, launch the tool.
Step 2 Select your recording preference
As you launch the program, select the “Video Recorder” button. From there, select the region or area that you wish to record. If you select the “Full” button, your whole screen will get the recording. If you select the “Custom,” you can select a particular tab or window or drag only the area you want. If you do not know how to record Duo video call with voice, Screen Grabber Premium got you. Feel free to toggle on the System Sound, Microphone, for your file to have a sound in it once recorded.
Step 3 Start recording
Suppose that your meeting will last for an hour. You can use the "Set Record Length" menu to stop the recording for you. You may also record with a watermark just in case you have to upload the recording on the internet and avoid copyright issues. Once set with the record Duo video call, hit the "REC" button to commence the process.
Step 4 Insert Annotation
While recording your screen, you may also insert annotation to your file. Select the pencil icon to access the annotation tool. Select the arrow, highlight, call out, text, or shape you want to use. Also, by clicking the camera icon, the program will take a screenshot.
Step 5 Save the recorded call
Once the Google Duo call ends, tap the “Stop” button and export the file to your computer. But first, hit the “Play” button on the program to watch how the recorded video turned out. After that, hit the “Save” button and choose your output file location.
- Allows you to insert annotations. You can highlight, call-out, arrows, text, and magnifier the screen in different color gradients.
- You can take a quick shot of your screen and do the recording simultaneously.
- It features a task scheduler to start and stop the program after your set time duration.
How to Record Google Duo Video Call on Android
Do you know that you can also record Duo call using your Android device without installing third-party applications? Since Android phones are rising in the market and the competition is high, the developers included this feature. Plus, since it is a built-in program on the device, it is more lightweight and easy to use. However, people may still need to find their screen recorders on Playstore if their Android phones are not up to date like the Android 9 and older units.
- First, open the shortcut settings on your phone. Do it by swiping up your screen. After that, select the icon for Screen Capture.
- Now, go to your Google Duo call application and wait for the screen recorder’s floating control bar to show. This tab is where you can see the list of options you can do. To record the call, hit the “Screen Recording” option.
- While recording, your control bar will have a floating icon. Hit the “Pause” button to stop the recording temporarily. When done, hit the red button to “Save.”
How to Record Duo Call on an iPhone
While taking a screenshot on your iOS device is relatively easy, you might wonder if you can record Duo calls using it. Thankfully, iOS devices also have the screen recording tool as a native feature you can find similarly on Android phones. With just a few swipes and tapping, you have your screen that also includes the system and your microphone sound. To enable the tool, refer to the guide we have made below.
- First, open the "setting" in your phone and head to the Control Center.
- When you reach the Control Center, scroll down your screen until you find the Screen Recorder icon. It appears as a circle with a smaller circle inside.
- To start the recording, wait for the 3-second countdown to finish. Then, open your call on Google Duo and hit the Stop button when finished.
Record calls using the Screencastify Chrome Extension
Distinctive Feature: It has a built-in video editor where you can enjoy basic editing tools. You can crop, blur, and zoom in on the selected areas of the screen.
Regarding browsers, Google Chrome is definitely on the top list in the world. Luckily, from the wide range of helpful extensions, the screen recorder is one of the lists you can find in its store. Screencastify is a productivity plug-in that lets you record what's on your screen. Some cases are when playing YouTube videos or doing a virtual call on Zoom or Google Duo. This tool is perfect, especially for students who do not want to install a desktop program on their computer. Or ,when the offline tool is incompatible with their operating system. Nevertheless, there are other Screencastify alternatives that you can see online. However, they will not give you the features that Screencastify offers.
- First, visit the Chrome store and search for the Screencastify tool on the search bar.
- Then, click the Screencastify and select Add to Chrome. Wait for the plug-in to download and then proceed to install it on your browser.
- Finally, embed the web camera, toggle on the system, and microphone sound recording according to your needs. Then, hit the “Start Recording” button and choose whether you want to record the entire screen or a specific tab open on your browser. Hit the button once more to commence the process.When done, hit "Stop" to save your work.
|Methods||Output Format||Is the system sound and microphone recording available?||Highest Quality Resolution|
|Screen Grabber Premium||1000+ output formats like MOV, FLV, AVI, MPEG, and more.||YES||Up to 4K|
|Android Built-in recorder||MP4||NO||Up to 720p|
|iOs Built-in recorder||QuickTime or MOV||YES||Up to 1080p|
|Screencastify||MP4||YES||Up to 1080p|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
To Wrap it Up
And that’s it! Sice Google Duo is just one of the commonly used platforms for online meetings; you may also want to try other programs. If you want record zoom meeting without permission, Screen Grabber Premium can also do the job for you.