The BBC is one of the most renowned and reputed news channels due to its credible news reporting and high-end production. That is why it has massive viewership all across the world. The BBC iPlayer Stream may be referred to as the live streaming channel for BBC UK. It is officially accessible only for the residents of the UK. Still, anyone residing in any part of the world can get access to it by using a VPN. People not only like to watch it, but they seem eager to record BBC iPlayer streams to watch later and share with their friends and family members. Here are the best iPlayer recording software and applications that can be used to record iPlayer streams.
Best Tool to Record BBC iPlayer Stream on Windows and Mac
When it comes to BBC iPlayer video and audio recording, AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium is one of the best and most reliable screen recorders with lots of unique features. This iPlayer recorder can capture your screen in full and in region mode. Besides, you can use a webcam to include yourself in the video. Another good thing about this tool is it can put annotations and take a screenshot while recording. To understand how to use this tool, follow the steps below.
Step 1 Get the Screen Recorder of BBC iPlayer Stream
First and foremost, locate the program on your device by clicking the "Download" button above. After that, run the program on your device and follow the setup wizard to install. Once the tool is launched on your screen, familiarize yourself with its interface and functional buttons.
Step 2 Start Recording BBC iPlayer Streams
Afterward, select the "Video Recorder" button on the min interface as your recording mode. Next, choose on the left button the screen dimension that you would want to have. Select the "Full" button to get the entire screen, and if you want to capture a specific area like 1920x1080, 1280x720, and 854x480, hit "Custom." On the other hand, toggle on the "System Sound" to incorporate the audio on your recordings. Once done, hit the "REC" button to start recording the BBC show.
Step 3 Save the BBC Stream Recording
When the show ends, hit the "Stop" button on the floating control of the program and proceed to the exporting process. Before that, there will be a preview window where you can watch your recording and adjust its length. If satisfied, hit the "Save" button underneath the interface, and your file will be located on your local storage.
Record Videos from BBC iPlayer Stream for Free with Jing
Jing is yet another MP4 screen recording tool that might be used to record the iPlayer stream. It is a high-end desktop application by tech smith. It is being used by thousands of people across the world to carry out different basic video editing jobs, including screen activity recording. So if you are looking for free screencast software, you might want to give this iPlayer ripper a try. Jing's official website also offers free tutorials on how you might use it to carry out the essential kind of video editing on your computer.
- First to record from BBC iPlayer, visit the official website of Jing. Then, download the app and launch the installer by following the setup wizard. When a yellow-colored sun-like icon appears at the top or bottom of your screen border, then the app was installed properly.
- Next, click on the Jing icon and hover your computer mouse on its dropdown menu. Choose "Capture" to record a specific area or cover your whole screen. Once set, click on the "Rec" button to record a video from your PC screen.
- Once done recording, click on the "Stop" button on the lower-left corner of the toolbar, and it will direct you to its main interface for playback.
- From there, you can customize your video by clicking on the "Setting" button and rename your recorded video.
- Finally, when you are happy with your video output, click on the "Save" button.
Use the ScreenFlow to Record BBC iPlayer Video on Mac
ScreenFlow is a high-end screen recording and video editing software that might serve the purpose of being an iPlayer recording software for your computer (It's only available for Mac, and there is no ScreenFlow for Windows). It is a paid software that offers high-end results when recording your computer's screen activity and performing a variety of basic video editing tasks. It not only allows you to record any activity on your computer; you can then perform the basic editing operations on your recorded data. See the below guide to know on how can you record on BBC iPlayer.
- Launch ScreenFlow on your Mac and choose New Recording to display the Configure Recording window to record from iPlayer.
- Select Record Desktop from to record your computer screen so as to capture the BBC iPlayer video.
- Then you can play the BBC video and click the Record button to start recording it.
- When the recording is done, click the Stop button to end it and save the video.
FAQs about Recording BBC iPlayer Videos
1. Can I record from BBC iPlayer to DVD?
In that case, we need to record the iPlayer video first before we transfer it to the DVD. You can use any screen recording app, especially Screen Grabber Premium, to capture high-quality iPlayer video. After that, use a DVD burner software to transfer the recorded video to a DVD.
2. How long does BBC iPlayer keep programs?
It takes 30 days for the downloaded programs to stay on your device.
3. Is it safe to record BBC iPlayer?
Absolutely! By using a reliable screen recorder recording BBC iPlayer videos is completely safe. However, the recording should be for your personal use only. Producing and sharing unauthorized recorded video is punishable by law and is completely illegal.
The above three tools are the top screen recorders for BBC iPlayer video and audio recording in Windows and Mac. Each has its advantages and disadvantages, as illustrated. If you need to record a small part of the BBC iPlayer stream, you can try on Jing as it offers a free version with limited time recording. If you need to edit the video in profound, ScreenFlow will be a better choice. If you want comfortable and high-quality video recording, Screen Grabber Premium might be the best option among the three ones. If interested, you can check this article if you want to know how to download BBC videos.
If I have missed some great tools that can be used to record streaming videos from BBC iPlayer, please let me know by leaving a comment. Thank you!