PowerPoint is a Microsoft presentation program that allows you to create a video slideshow with texts and images. It is useful for making animated diagrams and pictures with transitional effects to present your project visually. It also has a recording feature that you can use to capture your desktop screen for making a demo on a software product. However, there are reports that the recording of PowerPoint video recording not working due to technical issues like bugs or software deficiency. How to fix the PowerPoint screen recording not working problem? Here we have provided all the tricks to fix the issue. Also, we have written the best alternative tool for recording your computer screen when this problem occurs.
Methods to Fix PowerPoint Screen Recording Not Working
When the screen recording PowerPoint not working, you will see a message saying, "An error has occurred, please try again." That means that you can't record your screen with PowerPoint no matter how many times you try. Thus, there are some easy troubleshooting steps that you can try to fix this problem. You can find them below.
- Restart the PowerPoint app: The first thing that you need to try is to reboot the PowerPoint software. This method sometimes fixes the screen recording not working in PowerPoint because it can re-run the application and its features correctly.
- Reboot your computer: If re-launching the PowerPoint app does not fix the problem. Then, try to restart your computer to close all the running app. These background apps use your processor and RAM's power to cause the PowerPoint screen recording issue.
- Re-install the PowerPoint app: Another troubleshooting step that you can try when PowerPoint screen recording not working Windows 10 is uninstalling and re-installing the PowerPoint software. It is to ensure that you install the product from Microsoft and not from some third-party downloading site.
- Update the PowerPoint app: Of course, you should continuously update the PowerPoint app. Some changes needed to apply to the app for software compatibility. It also fixes when the PowerPoint screen recording audio not working.
Get PowerPoint Screen Recorder Alternative to Record Video
Suppose you are looking for a great tool when PowerPoint screen recording is not working. Then, use the AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium, an exemplary screen recording app with many advanced features. This tool can capture any activity on your computer screen along with its system audio. Another good thing about this tool is it can take screenshots while recording. You can also put annotations like shapes, lines, texts, and arrows on the recording. It is helpful whenever you need to point out the vital part of your video presentation. To know how to use this tool, you can follow the steps below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and Install Screen Grabber Premium
First of all, you may click one of the "Download" buttons above to get the tool's installer. Then, launch it and follow the guideline for installing this tool on your computer. Once installed, open the app to see its interface and buttons.
Step 2 Start Screen Recording
Next, choose the "Video Recorder" from its main interface to access its screen recording tool. From there, you can choose if you are going to record in full-screen or in region mode. If you have a webcam, you can also use it while recording your PC screen. For audio, you can select from system sound, microphone, or both. To start recording, click the "REC" button at the rightmost part of the toolbar to start recording.
Step 3 Put Annotations While Recording
While recording, you can put drawings on your screen. To do that, click the "Pen" icon on the right side of the recording toolbar to open the annotation tool. You can also adjust the size and color of the annotations that you are going to put.
Step 4 Watch the Recorded Video
When done, click the "Stop" button at the leftmost part of the toolbar to end the recording process. It will show you a video playback where you can watch the video. You can also click the "Save" button at the lower corner of the video to keep it on your hard drive.
FAQs of Screen Recording Not Working in PowerPoint
1. How to turn on the Screen Recording feature of the PowerPoint?
Launch the PowerPoint and go to the "Insert" tab and select the "Screen Record" option. Then, select the area you want to capture and click the "Record" button to start recording.
You can record your screen with PowerPoint as much as you like. As long as your hard drive has space, you can continuously record your screen.
3. How can I keep the video recorded by PowerPoint screen recording?
Once done recording, the video will be embedded into your slide. You can right-click on the thumbnail and select the "Save Media As" and choose your preferred output folder location.