Due to the situation we have today. Almost everything seems to go online. Usual activities like meetings, school classes, shopping, and others now have counterparts online. However, what if you do not have the time to catch them live, or you want to review them? The quick solution is to record the screen and replay it anytime. The good thing is that many screen recorders are divided into two parts - offline screen recorder and online screen recorder. Here, let us focus on offline screen recorders as it is better than its counterpart. Do not worry, as we will discuss its differences and present the best offline screen recorder..
Criteria of the Best Offline Video Recorder
All screen recorders provide a primary function, like recording the entire screen with ease. Nevertheless, that is a normal thing that they should possess. There are lots of things to consider before we can tell that the software is the best. Here, we listed some of the essential features to be considered in the best offline screen recorder for PC.
- Diverse Recording Modes: Aside from capturing the entire screen, it is better if the software can record a particular part of it. This is important in case you're only recording the video player for YouTube or other streaming sites. Also, adding a screenshot tool is a plus.
- Simultaneous Recording: It is vital that you can also capture the audio playing from the computer screen in sync with the video. Aside from that, recording the microphone's sound is best if you're recording an interactive webinar or online meeting.
- Built-in Editing Tools: Through their development. It is a breakthrough now for screen recorders to have basic editing options. Essential functions like video trimming and inserting annotations. These are important to improve your recording.
- Export to Other Platforms: After you recorded and edited the video. Some users will upload it to various social media platforms or cloud storage services. So, the screen recording software must have an option to export or share the video to such platforms directly.
Best Offline Screen Recorder for Windows 10 and Mac
AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium is packed with all the outstanding services. It efficiently records any parts of your screen. The free offline screen recorder for PC is considered the best since it captures video without losing quality. Also, it has a built-in annotation tool that lets you insert drawings, texts, or objects into the recording in real-time. It is necessary if you want to highlight a particular part of the recording. This tool lets you save the recorded video into several formats like MP4, MOV, etc. Below are the steps on how to use this screen recorder for PC free offline.
- It allows you to customize your desired recording area whether you want to record in full screen or only a specified area on your screen.
- It saves recorded videos into multiple output formats such as MP4, AVI, WMA, etc.
- In addition, it also enables you to maximize its editing features by adding texts, line, arrows and others. It makes every recorded video more easier for users to have the video more informational.
Step 1 Install the Offline Screen Recorder
First, click any "Download" button found above. The first one is built for Windows, while the other one is for Mac. Next, run the installation file until it is saved on your computer. Once done, launch Screen Grabber Premium.
Step 2 Configure Settings
Next, click the "3 lines" or the menu button located at the top-right portion of its interface. From the list that will appear, choose "Preferences" to launch the settings window. You can configure some options like the video quality, format, and others here. Click the "OK" button to save any changes applied.
Step 3 Start Recording
After you set up the tool, go to its "Video Recorder" tab. Here, you can turn on the "System Sound," "Microphone," or both for the audio source you prefer. Then, select the recording mode with either "Full" or "Custom." Once everything is okay, click the "REC" button to begin the process.
Step 4 Save and Play the Recording
Once the recording is finished, click the "Stop" button from the floating toolbar. The preview window will launch next, allowing you to watch it immediately. Clicking the "Save" button will keep a copy of the recorded video in the output folder.
- It can also act as a screenshot tool and even lets you edit the captured image before saving it.
- The tool lets you add highlights for every mouse movement and clicks.
- Video or audio trimming is unavailable on its trial version.
Offline Screen Recorder VS Online Screen Recorder
As mentioned above, there are two types of screen recorders: the online screen recorder and the offline screen recorder. Both of them can record your screen alongside the audio without any hassle. Online screen recorders are web-based apps that usually won't require you to install any additional file before using it. Also, they are accessible on almost any device as you can launch them using web browsers such as Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. They are more comfortable to use since their main interface is more straightforward than the software. However, most online screen recorders lack advanced functions like video editing. Lastly, they will not work if an internet connection is not available.
On the other hand, you need to install a file first before you can use an offline screen recorder. Since they have a larger file size, I expect they provide more functions like video editor, saving in other formats, and others. Also, you can use them even without an internet connection. Finally, you can expect that the quality of the recorded video is in HD.
Other Offline Tools You Can Use
Bandicam is a powerful screen recording software that is free for users. It is one of the most recommended screen recorders for professionals and beginners due to its complex yet comprehensive functions. It is a versatile screen recorder as it can capture your screen activities with a 4K resolution. This feature favors users who want to capture gameplay videos and high-graphic movies. Additionally, along with webcam and screen recording, it can also capture system audio and microphone input to associate with your screen-recorded file. You can also perform picture-to-picture screen recording, which is desirable for game enthusiasts, Omegle explorers, and video chatting activities.
- It can record screen activities up to 144FPS.
- Users can insert logos on screen-recorded files.
- Although it is a complex screen recording tool, this software has no extra editing functions.
Do you want to have a screen recorder that most video game enthusiasts often use? We got a Movavi Screen Recorder for you. This computer software upholds the goal that it can record screen activities and export them with 4K resolution. It has a customizable screen recording layout, where users can record a few parts of their screen activities. It can also record webcam and microphone audio, which is also favorable for screen-capturing video calls and meetings. Moreover, this tool can provide up to 45 to 60FPS while recording your screen activities.
- Users can quickly access its screencast option.
- You can schedule a predetermined recording time.
- It costs too high for a simple screen recording tool.
3. OBS Studio
Another screen recording for video game players and streamers online, OBS Studio provides the features that you can imagine for a screen recording tool. It is a famous open-source video recording utility. It allows you to cast your screen recordings on different sharing platforms, including YouTube and Twitch. One more thing about this tool is its video quality. This tool can cast and record your screen with a high FPS rate and video quality. It also records your computer's sound card, which can empower and amplify its quality. It has different audio functions, including quiet, unmute/mute mic, MIC sync offset, push-to-talk, and others.
- It comes with high-quality video recording.
- It can instantly export videos on different social media platforms.
- Sometimes, the tool gets a bit laggy due to system overload and keeps crashing.
Do you want to taste the sweet feeling of recording your screen activities? The Icecream Screen Recorder can provide you with that. With its ability to bond with various tools and computer programs, this tool is helpful to screen record your computer. With this tool, you can video conference, play games, and use different process applications while recording your screen effortlessly. Additionally, it allows users to utilize keyboard shortcuts to control the process while doing the recording activity. What makes this tool likable for users who constantly do screen recording is its free service that allows them to record unlimited activities on their PC screen.
- It allows users to conceal the symbols and cursors on their screens.
- It can add a logo or watermark on the recorded file.
- This tool does not enable users to record webcam input.