Due to the situation we have today, almost everything seems to go online. Usual activities like meetings, school classes, shopping, and others now have counterparts online. However, what if you do not have the time to catch them live or you want to review them? The quick solution is to record the screen and replay it anytime. The good thing is that there are many screen recorders divided into two parts - offline screen recorder and online screen recorder. Here, let us focus on offline screen recorders as it is better than its counterpart. Do not worry, as we will discuss its differences and present the best offline screen recorder.
Criteria of the Best Offline Video Recorder
All screen recorders provide a primary function like recording the entire screen with ease. Nevertheless, that is a normal thing that they should possess. There are lots of things to consider before we can tell that the software is the best. Here, we listed some of the essential features they must have to be considered in the best offline screen recorder for PC.
- Diverse Recording Modes: Aside from capturing the entire screen, it is better if the software can record a particular part of it. This is important in case you're only recording the video player for YouTube or other streaming sites. Also, adding a screenshot tool is a plus.
- Simultaneous Recording: It is vital that you can also capture the audio playing from the computer screen in sync with the video. Besides that, recording the microphone's sound is best if you're recording an interactive webinar or online meeting.
- Built-in Editing Tools: Through their development, it is a breakthrough now for screen recorders to have basic editing options. Essential functions like video trimming, inserting annotations, and others are important to improve your recording.
- Export to Other Platforms: After you recorded and edited the video, some users will upload it directly to various social media platforms or cloud storage services. So, the screen recording software must have an option to export or share the video to such platforms directly.
Offline Screen Recorder VS Online Screen Recorder
As mentioned above, there are two types of screen recorders: the online screen recorder and offline screen recorder. Both of them can record your screen alongside the audio without any hassle. Online screen recorders are web-based apps that usually won't require you to install any additional file before you use it. Also, they are accessible on almost any device as you can launch them using web browsers such as Chrome, Safari, or Firefox. Furthermore, they are more comfortable to use since their main interface is more straightforward than software. However, most online screen recorders lack advanced functions like video editing. Lastly, they will not work if an internet connection is not available.
On the other hand, you need to install a file first before you can use an offline screen recorder. Since they have a larger file size, expect they provide more functions like video editor, saving in other formats, and others. Also, you can use them even without an internet connection. Finally, you can expect that the quality of the recorded video is in HD.
Best Offline Screen Recorder for Windows 10 and Mac
AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium is packed with all the outstanding services to efficiently record any parts of your screen. The free offline screen recorder for PC is considered the best since it captures video without losing quality. Also, it has a built-in annotation tool that lets you insert drawings, texts, or objects into the recording in real-time. It is necessary if you want to highlight a particular part of the recording. Furthermore, Screen Grabber Premium lets you save the recorded video into several formats like MP4, MOV, AVI, etc. Follow the steps below to learn how to use this screen recorder for PC free offline.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Install the Offline Screen Recorder
First, click any "Download" button found above. The first one is built for Windows while the other one is for Mac. Next, run the installation file until it is saved on your computer. Once done, launch Screen Grabber Premium.
Step 2 Configure Settings
Next, click the "3 lines" or the menu button located at the top-right portion of its interface. From the list that will appear, choose "Preferences" to launch the settings window. You can configure some options like the video quality, format, and others here. Click the "OK" button to save any changes applied.
Step 3 Start Recording
After you set up the tool, go to its "Video Recorder" tab. Here, you can turn on the "System Sound," "Microphone," or both for the audio source you prefer. Then, select the recording mode with either "Full" or "Custom." Once everything is okay, click the "REC" button to begin the process.
Step 4 Save and Play the Recording
Once the recording is finished, click the "Stop" button from the floating toolbar. The preview window will launch next, allowing you to watch it immediately. Clicking the "Save" button will keep a copy of the recorded video in the output folder.
- It can also act as a screenshot tool and even lets you edit the captured image before saving it.
- The tool lets you add highlights for every mouse movement and clicks.
- Video or audio trimming is unavailable on its trial version.