iSpring Suite is an eLearning software that works on creating interactive courses like in PowerPoint. It also has a screen recorder that you can use to record in full-screen or in region mode. In fact, when you search the iSpring screen recorder on Google, it will show you two options. You can either download the iSpring Free Cam or the iSpring Cam Pro. Each tool has different features that you can use. In this article, we will tackle the difference between the two versions of the iSpring Screen Recorder. Another thing that we are going to discuss below is its best alternatives.
About iSpring Screen Recorder
iSpring has a free and paid version screen recorder that can help you capture any activity appearing on your computer's screen. However, each tool has an advantage and disadvantage. Also, one of those tools has advanced features that the other doesn't have. To quickly know their differences, you can check the comparison chart below.
|iSpring Free Cam||iSpring Cam Pro|
1. Easy to understand and 100% safe
2. No ads or watermarks appearing when recording
3. Capture the audio from system sound and microphone
4. Remove the background noise from the video
5. Highlight your mouse cursor while recording
1. Record screen and webcam at the same time
2. Add narration while recording
3. Edit the video with a multi-track timeline
4. Add intro slides
5. It has a smooth scene transition
1. This tool is only available on Windows PC
2. It can only save videos in WMV format
3. This tool can't take screenshots
4. It cannot include webcam when recording
5. No option for putting annotations while recording
6. It has no cloud storage service
7. It requires a high CPU usage
1. Requires you to pay $227 for 1-year access
2. It only supports Windows computer
3. You can only save videos in MP4 format
4. It lacks advanced interactive and animation features
How to Use iSpring Screen Recorder (Free Cam)
iSpring Free Cam can help you create eLearning courses by recording your screen for free. It is a basic screen recorder that can record your screen and audio at the same time. Also, it has a built-in video editor to polish the clip that you captured. Just a heads up that this free software can only save videos in WMV format and 720p quality. You can then upload or share the recorded video directly on YouTube easily. To know how to use this tool, you can check the steps below within this iSpring Free Cam review.
- Install the iSpring Free Cam within this link.
- Then, open the app and click the "New Recording" button and choose if you will record in full-screen or region mode.
- After that, click the "Record" button at the right part of the recording toolbar to start.
- Once finished, click the "Done" button at the leftmost part of the toolbar to end the recording process.
- It will redirect you to its playback video, where you can watch the recorded video.
Top 3 iSpring Screen Recorder Alternatives
The first alternative to the iSpring screen recorder is the AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium. This tool is freemium software where you can record anything that appears on your computer screen. Also, this tool allows you to include the system sound and microphone at the same time. Another good thing about this tool is it lets you put annotations like shapes, lines, texts, arrows while recording. It can also save recorded videos in MP4, WVM, MOV, F4V, TS, and more. You can also use this tool to take screenshots and keep them in PNG, JPEG, BMP, etc. Moreover, it has an advanced feature called the "Task Scheduler," where you can set a specific date and time to record your computer screen automatically.
Try it for Free
Bandicam is another alternative to the iSpring screen recorder because of its capability to record game videos at 480 FPS. This tool uses the DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan graphics technologies to capture a fast-paced game easily. It can also give you an output of 4K UHD recorded video along with its audio from your system sound. It can save videos in MP4, AVI, or image files. Another good thing about this tool is it can record external video devices like webcam, Playstation, Xbox, IPTV, and more.
3. OBS Studio
Another tool that can be an alternative to the iSpring screen recorder is the OBS Studio. This tool has a premier sponsor such as YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook. It is famous for recording game videos and uploading them to video sharing websites. OBS Studio also has a built-in video editor to edit the recorded video by combining multiple clips into one video. Besides, it has an intuitive audio mixer that you can use to adjust the volume or remove background noise on the video.
FAQs of iSpring Screen Recorder
Question 1: Is iSpring Screen Recorder totally free?
As discussed above, iSpring Screen Recorder has two versions: the Free Cam and the Cam Pro. If you don't want to pay anything, use the Free Cam. However, it doesn't have the advanced screen recording like in Cam Pro, costing you $227 per year/user.
Question 2: Is iSpring Screen Recorder safe to use?
Yes, it is. iSpring Screen Recorder is famous as a virus and malicious ads free. You can record your screen smoothly and safely with this tool.
Question 3: Does it require my computer to be in the 64-bit or 32-bit version?
That depends on your computer version. This tool support both 64-bit and 32-bit version. Make sure that you download the corresponding Windows version before you start installing it.