Various screen recorders on the market allow you to easily capture any activities on your computer. Users get to do things like streaming video, webinars, learning courses, video chat, and gameplay. However, not all screen recorders can record videos without a watermark for free. In fact, you may always find that there will be annoying watermarks on the output video. Is there any free screen recorder no watermark? Absolutely! Here we have compiled a list of the best free screen recorder without a watermark you can use to record whatever you see or do in high quality. Keep on reading below to see all of them.
Top 14 Free Screen Recorder No Watermark for PC
Before we check into the details of the best free screen recorder, let's look at this list of features. This chart is about the compatible platform, time limit, etc., about the no watermark video recorders.
|Product||Supported Platform||Time Limit||Area Selection||Ease of Use|
|Free Screen Recorder||Windows, Mac (Online)||No||Yes||9/10|
|Video Solo Recorder||Windows, Mac||3 Minutes in Trial||Yes||8.5/10|
|OBS Studio||Windows , Mac, Linux||No||Yes||6/10|
|Screencast-O-Matic||Windows, Mac and Chromebook (Online)||15 Minutes||Yes||9/10|
|TinyTake||Windows, Mac||5 Minutes||Yes||8/10|
|Screencastify - Screen Video Recorder||Windows, Mac and Chromebook (Extension)||5 Minutes||Yes||9/10|
|Windows 10 Game Bar||Windows 10||No||No||8/10|
|VideoLAN Client||Windows and Linux||No||No||9/10|
The first recommended free screen recorder no watermark for PC is AceThinker Free Online Screen Recorder. It is a web-based lightweight free tool that allows you to record computer desktop screen up to 1080P without any time limit. You can select the region to record or record full screen and record either system sound or microphone. The good thing is that it doesn't require you to create an account. As long as you have an internet connection and a web browser, you are good to go. Aside from that, it enables you to add real-time annotations like shapes, lines, arrows, texts, etc., during the recording. Just follow the easy-to-use interface and capture any activity on your computer screen in clicks.
- Free screen recorder online with no watermark, time limit, and registration
- Record full screen or only a selected part, and record webcam
- Record video along with audio from the system and microphone
- Annotate the recording in real-time
- Record video in high quality (up to 1080P)
- Share recording to YouTube, Vimeo, Google Drive, etc.
- You need to download a launcher for first-time use
- The recorded video can only be saved as MP4 and GIF
- It relies too much on the internet
The next option we’d like to suggest is VideoSolo Screen Recorder. It is an easy-to-use desktop recorder that is equipped with helpful video editing tools. Its straightforward and intuitive UI design enables you to quickly set up a new screen recording session. And the whole process doesn’t require a steep learning curve. You can flexibly select the area that you want to record. It even has an advanced feature helping you lock and record a specific program. During the screencasting process, you can utilize its drawing panel. This allows users to add text, shapes, and different annotations to better understand video recording. Your voice or system sound is recordable as well. When the recording session is over, take advantage of its built-in editing tools to enhance your video. And the best part is that VideoSolo won't place any watermark on your video. Therefore, it gets rid of your worry about finding another tool to remove the watermark.
- Outstanding screen recording tool with no watermark included
- Different recording modes to choose from, such as Video Recorder, Webcam Recorder, and Game Recorder
- Helpful customizing tools to edit your recordings
- Export high-quality video recording at 1080P and 60 FPS
- Various popular formats for selection, including MP4, MOV and etc.
- Automatically saving the recording session that you accidentally exit
- The free trial version only saves the first 3 mins of each recording. You may choose to purchase a license to save the complete recording.
- Cannot create a direct link to upload to cloud
3. OBS Studio
When talking about the screen recorder for PC free download without watermark, we have to mention OBS Studio. It is a free, open-source tool for screen recording and live-streaming. You can use it to record online videos, gameplays, video calls, and anything happening on your computer screen. These processes are possible without restrictions on the video length. If you're a game lover, OBS Studio is the best free no watermark screen recorder for you as it's possible to record high fps games. nother nice feature about this free screen recording software, which has no watermark, is its robust video editing feature. This function allows you to trim, cut, merge, delete, zoom in/out, and more on the video.
- Open source screen recorder with no time limit and watermark for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- Multiple flexible recording modes
- Record video in high quality at 1080P and 60FPS
- Excellent video and audio editing functions provided
- You can customize its advanced settings depending on your needs
- Broadcast the recorded game video directly to YouTube, Twitch, and the likes
- It's hard to use, especially for beginners
- You cannot pause the recording
- It tends to be laggy on low specs computers
- There is no technical help and support
ScreenRec is an all-in-one recording tool that makes recording your screen as simple as possible. There is no limit on recording time and no watermark. All you have to do is remember the shortcut Alt + S. This feature launches ScreenRec's screen capture mode. And from there, you can choose to record your screen with computer audio or even sound from your microphone. You can also take and annotate screenshots with ScreenRec.
- Record your computer screen in HD
- Record your microphone
- Record your webcam
- Unlimited recording time
- Instant sharing via private link
- There are no video editing tools
- You can’t annotate videos
ActivePresenter by Atomi Systems is one of the best screen recorders for PC without a watermark that we cannot ignore. There are also no recording time limitations. It offers all the features needed to record your computer screen with audio up to 1080P quality. Moreover, it allows you to put annotations and edit screencast videos. This tool is usually used to create handouts, manuals, e-learning courses, and other educational content media. It's trendy among teachers and professionals.
- Free recording software with no watermark and time limit
- Record full screen, region, web cam, window, etc., and take screenshots
- Record mouse cursor and add annotations like shape, line, arrows, texts, callouts, etc.
- Video editing tools like trim, cut, join, etc. are available
- You can export video into MP4, AVI, WMV, WebM, and MKV
- Upload and share recorded videos directly to YouTube
- A little complicated to use for newbies
- The Windows version only works for 64-bit computers
- It cannot record high FPS gameplays
Screencast-O-Matic is another browser-based free online screen recorder no watermark. This tool can be used to record your screen display for free without watermark added. Though you can record videos for up to 15 minutes, you can record unlimited times as you like. With this free tool, you can record full screen or region according to your needs. Besides, it offers a built-in video editor that lets you zoom in and out the video, add texts and images, and more. Since sharing and managing your videos on cloud hosting is never an easy task. This tool helps upload videos to Google Drive, Dropbox, Facebook, YouTube, and more. We also gathered and compiled the best Screencast-o-Matic alternative, you can check them out by clicking on the link provided.
- Record full screen, region, active window, and webcam
- Record audio narrations from the microphone
- Add stock music and captions to the recorded video before saving it
- Save video to MPV, AVI and FLV
- You have to download and install a launcher to activate the app
- Video length is limited to 15 minutes in the free version
- You can not draw the recording in real-time to annotate it
FlashBack Express by Blueberry Software is also one of the best screen recorders without a watermark for PC. It's a free version of the premium Flashback Pro. But the free version is OK for many cases. The free FlashBack Express recorder allows you to record the entire screen, region, and window. This process is possible by capturing a webcam, microphone, and system sound inputs. There is no limit on the video length unless you set one by yourself. And you can use the scheduled recording function to start and stop the recording automatically at a specific time you want.
- It can record the whole screen, selected area, a window, or a webcam
- You can schedule a recording at the designated time
- Add commentary and music to the video
- Directly upload and share videos to YouTube
- It's available for Windows 10/8/7 only
- There are no annotation and editor tools
- The recording is first saved as FBR, and you need to export it as video in MP4, AVI, or WMV from the FlashBack Express player
8. Free Cam
Free Cam is another free screen recorder with no time limit no watermark for Windows 10/8/7 that you can use to create screencast videos. It allows you to record the entire screen or selected region according to your needs. You can record both the sounds from the microphone and the system. You can highlight the mouse cursor and turn on mouse click sounds to emphasize critical details and steps during the recording. What's more, there is a built-in editor that allows you to delete unwanted parts of the video, remove background noise, adjust volume, etc.
- Record the entire screen, selected region, or a single window
- Record voice-over and system audio
- Has a built-in video and audio editor
- Directly share video on YouTube
- The output format is WMV only
- The maximum recording quality is 760p
- Webcam recording is not supported
ShareX should be included in the list of best screen recorders free without watermark. The same as OBS Studio, it's an open-source screen recorder that allows you to capture your computer screen. It has different modes like full screen, region, or window for free with no watermark or time limit. You can even capture the computer screen according to a schedule by setting a task. The interface is much more intuitive among open-source tools, so you can start and finish the recording without learning curves.
- Free open source screen recorder for PC no watermark
- Multiple capture codes for you to record video and capture screenshots
- You can add customized watermarks
- Send videos straightly to 80+social media websites and file-sharing sites
- It only works on Windows
- A little complicated for beginners to use
- It can’t record games running in full-screen mode
- The video editor is quite simple with limited features
- Webcam recording is not supported
The next free screen recorder with no watermark for PC is TinyTake from the Mangoapps. We can say that it's a free version of the premium software with limited recording features. You can capture your pictures and videos on your computer screen in 1080p quality. Also, you can share the recorded video on YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Dailymotion, and more. However, the recording limit is 5 minutes. If you want to record online movies and webinars, TinyTake is not a good option.
- Easy-to-use interface
- Capture whatever you see on the computer screen in different recording modes
- Annotate the screencast and screenshot with texts, arrows, highlights, etc.
- Share videos and screenshots in the cloud
- Free online storage up to 2GB
- You need to create an account and log in to use the software
- You can record only 5 minutes in the free version
- It requires at least 4GB of RAM to run the program
- There is no option to restart the recording
If you're using a Chrome browser and want to record some short clips? You can try the online Chrome video recorder extension called Screencastify - Screen Video Recorder. With this free screen recorder online with no watermark, you can record a desktop screen. Additionally, it can capture browser tab or webcam with microphone audio as narrations. After the recording, you can trim the video and annotate it with some drawing tools. And it allows you to share the recorded video to YouTube, send it in an email, share it in the classroom, and generate a QR code. However, though you can record unlimited times, each video can last only 5 minutes.
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, and Chromebook
- Record desktop, browser, or webcam
- Multiple ways to publish and share your video
- Generate a shareable link instantly to share your recording
- Export as MP4, animated GIF, or MP3
- You need to sign in to Google to use this extension
- You can record only 5 minutes for each video
- No real-time annotation features
If you're using a Windows 10 PC and want to record a gameplay video, then the Windows 10 Game Bar is an excellent free screen recorder Windows 10 no watermark for you. It's a screen recording tool inspired by the Xbox Game Bar, primarily designed to record gameplay on Windows 10. You can also use it to create how-to videos, record webinars, capture videos, and more. Yet, you can't record desktop or choose to record a specific region. The Game Bar in Windows 10 only allows you to record the screen activity of an active application.
- Pre-installed free screen recorder for PC without watermark, no need to install any software
- It allows you to trim the recorded video
- You can change the default name of the recordings before you save or share them online
- Only available for Windows 10
- You cannot record the full screen, region, or capture the web cam
- You can't pause the recording
13. QuickTime Player
If you are looking for a free Mac screen recorder no watermark, QuickTime Player is an excellent option. It's the built-in default video player for Mac, but it can also be used as a screen recorder that lets you capture your computer screen for free. After the recording, you can split, cut, copy, paste, delete, flip, or rotate the video depending on your preference. Once you are satisfied with your video, you can also use it to save the video and share it with Mail, Messages, and AirDrop. You can upload it on YouTube, Facebook, and other video-sharing platforms.
- Built-in free Mac screen recorder without downloading and watermark
- Play and edit the video after the recording
- You can also use it to record the screen of iPhone and iPad
- You can record only the audio
- It's only available for Mac users
- To record system sound, you will need to install a third-part software
- You can’t annotate the video during the recording process
14. VideoLAN Client
VideoLAN Client, often known as VLC player, is widely regarded as the over-the-top multimedia player. While it can play almost any media file you throw at it, what is lovely about VLC is that it can do so much more. One of VLC's potential uses is a screen capture/recording tool. There might be other free applications that are better suited for this task. However, there might be times when you need to make some quick screen recording and do not have a recorder app to hand. If that is the case, VLC comes in handy.
- Capturing a screen using VLC is a straightforward process that takes a few steps.
- It supports several video and audio file formats.
- You will need to record your voice separately and broadcast it with the desktop recording.
FAQs About Screen Recording Without Any Watermark
Tip: What to Look for in Free Screen Recording Software
In choosing a free screen recorder suitable for you, there are a few points that you should consider.
- Supports Multiple Recording Options - Seek for a screen recording program that can help you capture a video app in full screen or a specific region.
- No Watermark - You should use screen recording software that doesn’t ruin your recording videos with watermarks. A large watermark influences the viewability of the text or images used in the recording.
- Editing Functions - The tool should not be limited only to screen capturing capability. It should have an essential editing tool or an in-built editor. With this function, you can edit your recordings without leaving the tool to make them neater.
- Shareability - Even the best recordings are useless if they cannot be easily shared with your intended audience. After saving a screen recording, you should be able to send shareable links instantly.
- Price - It is reasonable to seek out these top screen recording qualities for free. Even with a free trial, there is no reason to spend a penny on something affordable to many! All you have ought to do is know where to look.