Bandicam, being one of the most popular screen recording software, allows you to record all that happens on your screen. However, in recent years, people have reported different problems such as breaks and time lags while recording through Bandicam. If you are looking for ways to make Bandicam not lag so much while recording a video, you've come to the right platform. In this article, we will show you how to fix Bandicam lag during recording time. These ways will help you fix the problem of recording a video through Bandicam smoothly. This way, you would be able to make your videos more enjoyable and exciting to watch.
Solutions to Fix Bandicam Lag When Recording
People are facing many problems with this screen recorder. We will be focusing on the most frequent lag issue that many users have reported over the years. Bandicam lagging can be directly related to the recording settings as well as the computer's performance. These factors can significantly affect the recording quality. We will be showing you six ways to fix Bandicam lag.
1. Change the Settings
Bandicam lag can be stopped by reducing the video resolution, size, FPS, and video quality. You may also try the hardware-accelerated H.264 encoder. The first thing you can try is to change the settings. Following are the steps that you can follow to change the settings.
- First, select the Video tab in Bandicam, and then click the Settings tab located at its bottom. This will open the Format settings window.
- In this step, you can adjust the size from full-size to half-size, decrease FPS between 30 and 15, or change the quality from 80 to 50. Don’t forget to use H264 (CPU) as your video codec, and to confirm, click OK.
- In the Record section, click on the Settings button. Then, you’ll need to select Disable (Recommended) to disable the Secondary sound device.
2. Modify Recording Mode
Another thing you can try to fix Bandicam lag is you can switch Bandicam's recording mode from Screen Recording Mode or Game Recording Mode or vice versa to fix Bandicam's lagging issue.
3. Check for Updates
Bandicam releases updates every month to improve performance and fix bugs. If you’re experiencing Bandicam lagging issues, you can either try uninstalling the current Bandicam version or update it to the latest version. These are the steps.
- Click the About tab in Bandicam, and then click on Update check.
- Click the Check for updates button in the pop-up window to see a newer version.
- Next, restart Bandicam to record again.
4. Modify Graphics Settings
If you have Windows 10, you can adjust Bandicam's graphic settings to reduce the lag. Follow the below-mentioned steps to make adjustments to your graphical settings.
- Tap Windows Start Menu, and in the search bar, enter Graphics Settings.
- In the next step, a pop-up window will appear, and you need to select the Classic app. Then, click the Browse button and navigate “C:\Program Files (x86)\Bandicam\bdcam.exe,” the default installation folder for Bandicam.
- Click on the Options button to select Power Savings or High Performance. In the end, click the Save button to save your settings.
5. Upgrade Your Hardware
If the Bandicam lagging problem persists, you may need to improve and upgrade your computer's hardware, such as your CPU, RAM, and graphic card.
Alternative to Bandicam for No-Lag Video Recording
You should consider other options if the Bandicam freezes, crashes, or stops working altogether. Suppose you want to have a smooth recording experience and raise your video quality. In that case, the most suitable alternative is the No-Lag recording software called AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium, the best in the business. AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium is a highly advanced yet easy-to-use screen recorder that can record any activity on your desktop computer. You can capture any moment you like, whether it's streaming video, gameplay, or video chat.
- You can record live streaming video from any popular video hosting website and save online lectures for offline viewing.
- You can record your gameplay on your PC and share it on YouTube, Twitch, or Facebook.
- Record a video lecture from your computer desktop using customized text, arrows, and other tools.
- You can easily use the program without having any technical knowledge.
- You can capture webcam videos and create presentations.
Doing all of these steps will ensure that your Bandicam runs smoothly and accurately when it tries to play the Bandicam. However, even after following all the steps, Bandicam lags or crashes, then go for the alternative solution: AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium!