Firefox is a free web browser developed by the Mozilla Foundation. Also, Firefox had become one of the most popular browsers because of its speed, security, and add-ons compared to other browsers like Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge. Aside from that, you can surf the internet using Firefox without any hassle. Besides, you can watch videos, movies, search articles, and more. Recording them is the best solution if you want to save valuable articles or videos you found on the internet. With that being said, downloading a Firefox screen recorder will help you record these essential things that you found on Firefox. With that, we provided the top 8 Firefox screen capture tools that you may use. Check them out below.
Screen Grabber Premium - Best Firefox Screen Recorder
AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium is an all in one solution for your screen recording needs. It can record your screen in full-screen and in a specific area in HD quality. Also, this tool allows you to put annotations and take a screenshot while recording. In case you are recording a video for reviews, it has a feature called “Follow the mouse,” which records the screen from where the mouse is pointing. For you to know how to use this tool, follow the steps below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Download and Install
You can get the tool by clicking one of the “Download” buttons above. After that, launch the installer and follow the setup wizard app to complete the installation. Then, open the software, and select if you are going to screen record, audio record, or take a screenshot. You'll see a floating toolbar which you can use to record your screen. To start, click the “REC” button on the right side of the tool to start recording.
Step 2 Start Recording Video in Firefox
Next, it will show you the recording toolbar that you can use to pause, minimize, take screenshots, and more. You can also click the "Pen" icon at the rightmost part of the tool to open its editing tool. You can draw shapes, arrows, lines, and texts while recording.
Step 3 Play the Recorded Video
Once done, click the “Stop” button at the leftmost part of the floating toolbar to end the recording. It will open a video playback where you can preview the video. You can click the “Save” button to keep the video on your computer or choose the “Re-Record” button to start over again.
- It lets you record screen and Webcam simultaneously.
- It offers Real-time screen annotation during screencast.
- It has an option to create a schedule recording activity.
- It has limited Social Sharing Features.
Top 3 Firefox Screen Capture Add-ons
This time, we will show you another method to record a screen on your Firefox browser by using Firefox Screen capture Add-ons. Once the add-on is installed in your Firefox, you can easily access it since it is placed on the upper-right portion of the browser. Just continue reading this article to get the three awesome Firefox Add-ons that you may use.
Here, we will introduce one of the best firefox screen recorder add-on, which is the Video Recorder. This add-on allows you to record screen and audio from your computer's camera and microphone. Also, it has simple steps that you may use to record a screen without experiencing any problems. Besides, the recorded screen from this add-on will then be automatically saved on your computer.
- It has organized buttons to start, stop, and record media.
- It is also available on Google Chrome, Opera, as well as on Linux, Windows, and Mac computer.
- It lacks essential editing features such as cropping, rotating, and more.
Nimbus Screen Capture is a free Firefox screen recorder extension that lets you capture web pages from the Firefox browser. Moreover, it allows you to select an area or region. And, it has an option to edit the screenshot that you captured from the Firebox browser. Apart from that, it includes several useful features like resizing and crop, add arrows and stickers, blur specific area to hide confidential information, and a lot more. Lastly, it has an option to save your screenshot as PNG, JPEG, or PDF.
- It allows you to edit the recording screen with the use of its annotation tools.
- It lets customize the screen captured by adding effects on it, such as add text or stickers.
- It allows you to upload the screenshot directly to Google Drive.
- You can't use its full features like uploading screenshots directly to Dropbox if you are not on a Premium account.
- Some of its functions, like select and scroll are not working properly.
Awesome Screenshot Plus is a screen capture tool that enables you to record Firefox screen without requiring Firefox to be restarted. Also, it allows you to take screenshots of any of your browsing tabs. Furthermore, this extension provides multiple functions to choose from. These include crop, blur, add shapes on the picture such as rectangles, lines, and arrows. It also provides an arrow tool wherein you can draw pointing arrows automatically. In addition to that, it lets you share your screenshot directly to social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, and many more.
- It lets you add captions or text to your screenshot.
- It has an eraser option to hide sensitive data or information to your screenshot.
- This tool does not support frame, which you can't get the full screenshot page for the child frame or iframe.
Reliable Free Online Screen Recording Apps for Firefox
As we know, Firefox had become the most widely used internet browsers in the world. It can provide users a safe web browsing environment. Moreover, there is also an increasing need for the Firefox screen recorder wherein you can record streaming video or audio. No worries, we listed below some of the best firefox screen recorders online that you may use.
Another excellent screencast Firefox tool that will help you to record your Firefox screen online is AceThinker Online Screen Recorder. It enables you to record your screen without any hassle. Also, you can capture stunning images on your PC without having any watermark on it. Besides, this tool allows you to record games, YouTube videos, streaming online, and many more. Additionally, the recorded videos from this tool offer an HD quality.
- It provides different capture modes such as full-screen, picture screen, and more.
- It has an option to include or exclude the system sounds.
- It allows you to save videos into different file formats such as MOV, FLV, MP4, and etc.
- It is a little bit slow when saving the recorded video.
Screencast-O-Matic is a free online screen recorder for Firefox wherein you can record a screen effortlessly. Also, this online tool is available on Chomebook, Windows, and Mac computers. Furthermore, it lets you record Firefox screen capture video on your Firefox. These include YouTube videos, Instagram videos, and a lot more. In fact, it offers useful functions such as effects wherein you can edit the screen video that you recorded.
- It has an option to add captions and add stock music to your recording.
- It enables you to add and resize your webcam for a picture in picture effect.
- It allows you to convert videos into different file formats such as MOV, FLV, MP4, and etc.
- Users can't use their other features, such as cropping if you are not on a VIP account.
Record Screen in Firefox Using Computer’s Built-in Tool
Finally, you can record the Firefox screen using the built-in tool of your computer. The built-in recorder tool is free, and it doesn't require any installation to use it. We provided some of the useful screen recorders below with their functions. Let's take a look at them below.
As a gamer, I have a lot of games saved on my computer, wherein I'm playing after work or during my day off. However, I want to keep my previous gameplay footage to watch them and share it with my friends. So, I decided to search for a browser recorder Firefox. Thanks to Windows 10 Game DVR, it helps me to my problem. It is a built-in screen capture app for Windows 10. Also, this app provides a Game bar option to record gameplay footage. Plus, it allows you to take screenshots of Windows PC games. Aside from that, this app will enable you to select your desired video quality, audio, and resolution.
- This app can record your gameplay or web browser in full screen.
- It allows you to save your screenshot into two different file formats, such as PNG and JPEG.
- Some of its control shortcuts are difficult to use, like Start / Stop recording option.
Quicktime Player is a software that was developed by Apple Inc on December 2, 1991, and it is currently available on Apple devices such as Mac computers. Besides, it is a Firefox record screen that allows you to record your display screen with an HD quality video. This software is perfect for recording games, live streaming videos, tutorials, and a lot more. Furthermore, it has an option to edit your recorded screen video like trimming. What's more, it lets you share your recorded screen video directly to Google Drive, Airdrop, Facebook, Dropbox, and many more.
- It provides a feature wherein you can edit and record video simultaneously.
- It also lets you convert videos to a different file format such as AVI, MOV, MP4, and more.
- It cannot record the screen and system sound simultaneously.
- There is no available video playback. You have to install extra codes first to playback audios and videos.
FAQs about Firefox Screen Recorder
Does Firefox have a built-in screen recorder?
Firefox does not have a built-in screen recorder, but you can install an add-on extension to record your screens, such as Nimbus Screen Capture, Video Recorder, or Awesome Screenshot Plus. You can also use an online recorder like AceThinker Online Screen Recorder or a third-party tool like Screen Grabber Premium.
Are Firefox extensions safe or not?
Though extensions are practical tools that save us from installing massive data, they are not the safest option. Through the years, there are many security issues and fraud reports related to these extensions. Thus, it's safe to say the add-ons threaten your browsing experience.