Facecam is a camera that can be used to focus your face and shoulder area for recording and streaming gameplay. It lets the camera catch the reactions of the player, which is more attractive to the viewers. Besides, it can be used to attend online meetings via video call or talk with your family and friends face to face. The live recording of the face in an online video is especially useful when playing online games with audio narration. Nowadays, many gamers want to put their face in the corner of the gameplay, how-to videos, or video tutorial and share it with their social media sites like YouTube to attract people to follow or view their page. We have tried and tested some of the best facecam recorders that you may use. Let's check them out below.
Best Facecam Recorder for Windows/Mac
AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium is an excellent and reliable screen recorder that can use for Facecam. It is a facecam and screen recorder that allows you to record in full-screen, region mode, and webcam. Also, it can record the system sound, microphone, or both for narrations. You can also put annotations like shapes, lines, arrows, and texts to enhance the recording. Aside from that, this tool has a Task Scheduler that you can automatically record your screen in a given time. To start using this tool, you can follow the steps below.
Try it for Free
Step 1 Get the Screen Grabber Premium
First, start by clicking one of the "Download" buttons above to get its installer. Then, launch it and follow the installation guidelines to install the tool to your computer. When done, run the app to see its interface.
Step 2 Optimize the settings
Then, click the "Menu" button at the upper right side of the tool and choose "Settings." From there, you can change the output folder, video format, framerate, hotkeys, and more. After that, click the "OK" button to save the settings.
Step 3 Begin recording Facecam
To start, you can refer to the video mode section to choose if you are going to record in full-screen or region mode. Then, click the "Star" icon at the floating toolbar to start recording the screen with facecam.
Step 4 Play the recorded Facecam video
Once finished, press the "Stop" button on the tool's left side to end the recording process. A window will then appear showing the recorded video. From here, hit the "Save" button located at the lower right part of the interface to save the video. Otherwise, you can hit the "re-record" button if you want to do it again.
- It supports up to 4K quality if available
- It allows you to record your screen as many as you like
- There is a watermark on its free trial version
Alternative Facecam Video Recorders You Can Try
If you want to record Facecam with gameplay together, Bandicam is a nice game recorder with face you can use. It is a powerful yet simple screen recorder that allows you to record Facecam in just one click. Also, it has let you record your entire screen and capture anything on your PC screen with an HD quality up to 4K if available. Plus, it enables you to record audio on separate tracks. That means your microphone and Facecam are recording on different tracks. Aside from that, you can also use this screen recorder to record gameplay and facecam simultaneously.
- It has a multi-channel recording option wherein you can record screen and audio at the same time
- It allows you to draw shapes on your video or screenshot in real-time
- It can only be used on Windows
2. Movavi Screen Recorder
Movavi Screen Recorder is a must-have in your toolkit when you need to record screen and webcam video simultaneously. It works best for program tutorials and reviews because it makes them more personal. You can also record narration via a microphone, show keystrokes, and highlight cursor movements. As for facecam recordings, you can adjust the video properties as you wish – choose the resolution, frame rate, size, and position.
- Lightweight screen recording software
- Webcam recording at 1280x1024 resolution
- Advanced settings for keystrokes and mouse movements
- Available for Windows and Mac
- The free version adds a watermark to the output video
- You cannot record gameplay in full-screen mode
Next on our list is Screencast-O-Matic, it is a screen recorder with audio and Facecam wherein you can record Facecam via Webcam for up to 1080p resolution. Besides recording your screen, you can also capture your desktop screen, add a webcam, and use narration to customize your video. Plus, it enables you to record your games during the gameplay. With the help of this tool, you can record your face and computer screen simultaneously via Facecam. Besides, you can edit your videos by adding text and images to it.
- No ads are appearing on the screen
- It allows you to record your entire screen for up to 4K quality if available
- There is no limit when recording videos on the screen
- There is a little bit of delay when recording gameplay and video call
One of the free Facecam recorders that you can use is Guvcview. It is available for Linux desktop wherein you can record Facecam in just one click. This recorder is compatible with all V4L2 camera devices using the Linux UVC driver. Also, it can record multiple screen videos like video tutorials, presentations, and a lot more. Plus, you can record screens with HD audio quality. And, it allows you to capture and view videos without affecting its original quality. Besides recording Facecam, you can also record video calls and audio as long as you have a Webcam.
- It has an intuitive user-interface wherein you can record videos without the help of other people
- It is not available for Windows and Mac OS
- You can't record gameplay on this tool
5. Mobizen Screen Recorder (Android)
Mobizen Screen Recorder is a screen recorder with audio and Facecam on Android devices. It is one of the most accessible apps on Android that has a convenient screen recorder interface. Also, it enables you to record, take screenshots, and edit the recorded video. Besides, this screen recorder allows you to record Facecam in 1080p Full HD and 60 FPS. Plus, it can record screen along with an HD audio. Likewise, you can use this app to record games from a mobile device. It allows you to add background music, intro, and outro video. To get new updates, you can visit its help center.
- It has an option to cut and trim the recording
- There is a little bit of lag when recording simultaneously
6. Go Record (iOS)
Go Record is a Facecam recording software that lets you to easily record gameplay along with Facecam for up to 1080p resolution. Unlike the other screen recording apps, this iOS screen recorder app works like the native screen recording utility in iOS. All you have to do is start the recording from Control Center and stop the recording from the top status bar. Besides, it helps review an app on your iPhone or iPad by adding your face to the video via Facecam. Plus, it lets you add details on the recorded video to upload it on YouTube or other social media sites.
- It enables you to use your mic to put audio commentary
- It lets you record your screen from different apps like Facebook, with a reaction on Facecam
- There is a limited time when recording screen, which is only for 20 minutes
Comparison Chart of Screen Recorder with Facecam
|Functions||Screen Grabber Pro||Movavi Screen Recorder||Bandicam||Screencast-O-matic||Guvcview||Mobizen Screen Recorder||Go Record|
|Record Up to 4K Quality|
FAQs about Facecam Recording
- How to record your face on Mac?
- Use QuickTime Player, then choose File and New Movie Recording. This will automatically open the webcam window.
- How do I record my computer screen and myself at the same time?
- You can use AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium. Go to the Video Recorder tab and make sure you turn on the webcam option to access your camera. Then activate the sound source you want and also the recording mode.
- What to consider when choosing a facecam recorder?
- There are lots of things you need to check. First, the recorder must capture your screen and preserve its high-quality. Also, it must support saving the video in multiple formats. Moreover, it must ensure that it can record without any limit.