Do you work far away from home? Or, do you have loved-ones overseas? Then keeping in touch with them seems complicated. Writing letters, talking to the operator for that long-distance call, or sending telegrams are just some of the old ways we use it to get in touch with them. With our uprising technology, did you know that you can keep your families closer to us even if you're worlds apart? Yes, it's true. While it's always best to see things in person, video calling is the next best thing. Continuously reading below will help you find the best video calling app for PC that you must try whenever you want to make a video call.
Skype is a free software program and an easy-to-use video calling app that allows users to make video calls and audio calls. Using Skype will let you send instant messages and share files with anyone else you'd like to converse with good quality video. As long as you have an internet connection, you can use Skype to talk to your loved ones far from you as well as it has an instant messaging option that you can share with your friend's social media accounts. If you like to send SMS messages or make an international or domestic call, you can also do it with Skype. You can access Skype on computers that run Windows, Linux, and macOS. Also, you can download Skype on your tablets, smartphones, and Xbox One. Trying this app will tell you why Skype is considered as the best video calling app for PC Windows and Mac.
Features that Makes Skype a great video calling for PC
- Skype lets you make video calls to your loved ones worldwide with HD quality camera video on mobile and PC.
- It has a lot of emoticons that you can use to send it to your friends and while video chatting.
Next on the list is WhatsApp. This program has suddenly become the most popular text and voice messaging application since 2009. WhatsApp is a free service that lets users connect. What is another nice thing about this app is that it doesn't require the same brand of device. This app works with iPhone, Android, and Windows Phones. And just last year, the WhatsApp for Windows PC version was released together with Mac one, which has been downloaded by thousands of users. WhatsApp originally started as a messaging app. After its audio calling feature's big success, Whatsapp decided to launch another promising feature, the video calling. Yes, you heard it right! Video Calling on your PC Windows is now possible using WhatsApp. Try it to see for yourself why WhatsApp is the best video calling software.
Features that Makes WhatsApp a great video calling for Mobile Phone
- This video calling app allows you to make a video conference, especially if you want to talk to your friends.
- There is no restriction when using this app. That means you can use it worldwide.
- It consists of many emoticons and stickers to choose from and share it with your friends while video chatting.
Google Hangouts is well-known as the best video calling app. It is a communication software product created by Google. This video call app was an original feature of Google+ but became a standalone product in 2013. With the app evolution, it has now made available not only through chat but also allows you for chatting video. It also allows video calling, not only ten users at a time but 25 people since it had been upgraded in 2016. Using this app requires you to connect a camera, microphone, and speakers to your computer. Consider trying Google Hangouts to find out why it is an excellent video call software for PC.
Features that Makes Google Hangouts a great video calling for PC
- You can use this video calling app for group conferencing video call as well as voice calls.
- It is compatible with multiple computing devices and it allows users to do a group video calls.
- It has an Auto Screen Focus feature and Intelligent Muting.
Facetime (Mac Only)
The next best video calling app for PC is what we call Facetime. Apple Inc developed this application. It is only available on supported iOS mobile devices and Mac computers. You can use FaceTime anywhere for as long as you have an internet connection. Besides, it is perfect to use for video chats because of its face to face recognition. FaceTime's video calling feature was introduced with iPhone4 in 2012. It is only superior to other video messaging apps because of its video quality. However, you can use this feature only with its compatible devices.
Features that Makes Facetime a great video calling on Mac
- It lets you search the name of the people that you want to call by searching their mobile number.
- There is no minimum length when you are calling to someone.
Another best video calling on the list is LINE. It is an application that has access to multiple personal computers (Windows or macOS). It has features that make it easy for users to communicate with each other such as video calls, video chat, instant messaging, etc. It allows users to make free voice and video calls. This app enables you to chat with up to 500 people. Using this video chat app is just like talking to other people personally. You can also add this to your list to try the best video calling software for PC.
Features that Makes LINE a great video calling on Mobile and PC
- You can use this calling app to easily communicate with your friends by adding "Stickers" to your text. Since stickers convey one's feelings through illustration.
- It has a timeline wherein you can use it to share your news with text, stickers, and more.
The next calling app that you can count on for video calling on your desktop is Viber. It is an app that will let you communicate with your friends, families in a comfortable way. While on a video call, this app allows you to send stickers and emojis with the person you are talking to. Viber is considered one of the top video calling app that you can see on the internet. However, it is being banned from other countries because the revenue of local telephone companies decreases. However, users still find a way to maximize the app.
Features that Makes Viber a great video calling on Mobile and PC
- It allows you to express yourself through core features by adding stickers, photos, text messages, doodles, and more.
- It has an option to share your video calls or conference through social media.
Next in line is WeChat. It is a Chinese multi-purpose app developed by Tencent. It became a "super app" because of its wide range of functions. WeChat has more video chat features than other apps. It comes with high-quality video calling, voice messaging, and a lot more for free. Another nice thing about WeChat is its easy registration. A not long time after it was known as a mobile app, WeChat has also been made available for Windows and Mac. That means you can use WeChat with your PC, not only with your mobile devices. With that said, using this app for video calling will keep you closer to the people who live and work from other places.
Features that Makes WeChat a great video calling on Mobile and PC
- This app allows for the exchanging of messages between users and supports free calls.
- Its messaging app includes broadcasting messaging, text and voice messaging, video calls and conference calls.
And next on the list is the Wire. It is one of the best video calling app and its encrypted communication and collaboration apps created by Wire Swiss. A secure end-to-end-encryption protects all features such as video calls and others. Besides, this app also offers "Wire Personal," a secure messaging app for personal use. With Wire, you can connect every day with your friends, families through video calling. It seems like having a conversation with the other person face-t0-face. It's just like talking to your friend sitting right next to you.
Features that Makes Wire a great video calling on Mobile and PC
- You can save all the important messages of yours by using its "Wire Personal" option.
- It supports a collaboration suite that includes conference calls, video calls, file sharing, and external collaboration that is perfect for group video and it has an instant message features which you can share to your friends.
DingTalk is next on the list for a video calling app that you can use on your desktop. If you are a career person, DingTalk is one of the best apps for you. Because of its video calling feature, you can use this during conferences and meetings, and it is best to have this app with you. Another cool feature is its "Office Toolbox," where you can access your "Office Functions." Using this app, you will communicate with your co-workers by video call while in the office and out in the field.
Features that Makes DingTalk a great video calling on Mobile and PC
- This app has a lot of video calling features like meeting videos in HD quality.
- It supports several emoticons that you can send to your friends.
Last on the list is Zoom. Just like Ding Talk, Zoom is another app that you can use for video calling on Android phones and Computer. Not only for personal but also for business, and you can share your video call to different social media accounts. For instance, your colleagues already started their video conferencing, and you can join them to be part of that conference. With its video calling feature, you can join any sessions that you miss from your work. Or have a nice conversation with your family in your free time.
Features that Makes Zoom a great video calling on Mobile and PC
- It is a video communication app that lets you set up virtual audio and video conferencing live chats and webinars.
- You don't need to create an account to attend the Zoom meeting. All you have to do is to accept your friend's request.
- It has an instant message wherein you can easily send it to your friends or family.
In conclusion, getting in touch with your loved ones or co-workers is now very easy. With all these video calling apps, you will connect with the people you know even if you're worlds apart. You won't have to miss all the crucial moments or happenings, and you are not with them. Choosing just only one or trying them all is entirely up to you. But, you will surely enjoy all these free videos calling app for PC.