Today, recording computer screen has been essential to easily and instantly trackback our online activities without the need to jot down notes on the sides. Indeed, it makes our virtual lives easier. As such, many types of recorders already emerge on the internet. And on the part of the users, it's always great to choose what's best among them. Meaning you have to know what recording app can satisfy your video-screen recording needs, including video streaming. It's a great help to find ones that can record your screen in high quality and capture both audios from your PC or microphone. And one more thing is their ability to provide multiple output formats. Hereto, we handpicked the best streaming video recorder for you to try. Check them out now.
AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium
AceThinker Screen Grabber Premium is one of the best streaming recording software you can install on your PC. This recorder helps you record your on-screen activities, even your streaming videos while ensuring that your output is of great quality from 240p to 1080p. It's straightforward as the buttons are labeled according to their functions, making it easy to start your recording. Screen Grabber Premium lets you record anything on your screen, including webinars, demo and tutorial videos, gameplay, and even video calls. Additionally, you can also record audio alone if you want to select your sound source between your computer audio or record yourself through the microphone. Interestingly, you can also record yourself via your webcam, so you can input footage of yourself on your records. Plus, it both works for Windows and Mac OS.
Try it for Free
- This app allows you to record your recording area by selecting the size of setting it to record specific windows or tabs.
- This tool is the best screen recorder for live stream as it supports many video-hosting platforms, like YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, etc.
- Its free trial only allows you to record in a limited time of up to 3 minutes.
The next tool that you can try is Flashback Express. This software is the best streaming recorder you can find online for different reasons too. Although it instantly helps you preview your screen activity, its functionalities vary depending on the user. Besides being a recorder, you can also edit your output using its built-in editing tool. Moreover, you can also use your microphone to narrate while you are recording if you wish. And fortunately, this recorder provides a watermark-free output that you can directly share on YouTube.
- You don’t have to worry about stream long as this recorder lets you record with no limitation in length.
- This app can record your screen and audio of your computer.
- It’s only exclusive for Windows users.
Screencast-O-Matic is a streamer’s must-have. Whether you are streaming gameplay live or educational and tutorial videos, this app is right for you. It works on all types of platforms and operating systems like iOS, Android, Windows, or Mac, so you don't have to worry if this recorder will work on your device. Plus, you can have this tool absolutely for free. Furthermore, with this tool, you can directly upload your work on YouTube and share your screen with your friends.
- This screen recording software also helps you edit your video before publishing.
- You can’t use it without an internet connection.
Suppose you love streaming on YouTube, Facebook, or to the popular gaming hub, Twitch. In that case, the OBS Studio is the best streaming and recording software for you. Though it looks intimidating due to its professionally built interface, once you learn and familiarize yourself with its functions, you will enjoy its studio-like features. Furthermore, this tool has an intuitive audio mixer, whereas you can fix noise gate, noise suppression, and gain. Amazingly, you can also record multiple screens and stream them as well. Or subtly switch to another window you chose to show for your viewers.
- This app lets you produce quality video for your streaming. This enables you to organize the scenes you included first before putting them live for your audience.
- Unfortunately, it does not have a Pause button.
Meanwhile, if you are a Mac user, you can always use its default media player, QuickTime Player. Though its primary function is to play video or any media files on your Mac, you can also use this as a screen recorder. This app is the best live stream recorder for your Mac screen since you don't have to install any software to screencast your activities. Moreover, like with other recording tools, you can also customize your recording while it's in progress.
- It supports recording videos from popular video hosting sites like YouTube, Facebook, and more.
- Since its primary function is a media player, it still has limited recording functionality.
VLC Media Player
Yes, VLC Media Player can also be the best streaming capture software besides being a free media player for Windows, Mac, and Linux. This one is a free, open-source, and cross-platform multimedia player that can provide you quality screencast the moment you need it. It's easy to use since it only lets you copy the video's URL on its platform to start recording. Thus, this only allows you to record video from the web and over the network.
- With this tool, you don’t have to install additional plug-ins to use its recording features.
- You can't customize or resize your recording area.
One more recording you can use is Sharex which is perfect for streamers who are using Windows desktop. It's a multi-functional tool that helps you record any area on your screen and capture a page. Also, it enables you to upload it to its supported video-sharing platforms or to its cloud storage. And it also has annotation tools to add shapes, lines, and texts to your recorded media.
- You can use it to capture all the content on the web you are viewing while scrolling.
- Its interface is not suitable for beginners as they are complicated.
Another easy-to-use yet best live stream recorder from this list is SnagIt. You can grab videos and input your video by recording your cam and save it as MP4 or animated GIF. It can record your screen audio and let you mark your recording with its annotation tools. Also, it allows you to record full screen or give you a choice to select the region size of your recording.
- You can trim the video you recorded with this app— you can cut the beginning, middle, or the end of the clip is unnecessary for your output.
- It’s mainly for editing images; that’s why it has limited video editing tools.
AZ Screen Recorder
Are you a beginner in the streaming industry? Then use AZ Screen Recorder. If you lack resources, you can only go to Google Playstore to download this and install it on your Android phone. The interface is easy to understand, so you don't have to worry about starting your stream and record. Interestingly, it doesn't consume much of your mobile phone battery.
- This mobile screen recorder allows you to adjust things like frame rate, resolution, and more.
- It doesn't have many video editing tools.
Last but not the list, CoolPixel is also the best streaming video capture software for your iOS devices. Tagged as the most powerful screen recorder for iOs, no wonder many iOS users rely on this app. It lets you record your screen in full HD (1080p). Likewise, you can also choose your audio source between your system audio or microphone. And your output can be up to 4000kbps bitrate and frame rate up to 30 FPS.
- It’s user-friendly and easy to download.
- It only supports iOS 9 and above.