PDF is the most common format that is used for eBooks. This is because PDF locks the format of its content to avoid any alteration, compared to regular text documents like Word file. However, since PDF files are format locked, reading them across multiple devices can become a hassle. This means that if you are reading an eBook in PDF format on a mobile device with a smaller screen, you would have to zoom into each page of the eBook to thoroughly read the content. On the other hand, there is another format that you can use instead of PDF. ePUB is a format that is more suited for eBooks because, unlike PDF, this format realigns itself to fit the screen size of the device. This means that you don't need to zoom in every now and then when reading an eBook. In general, this format is much more reliable, so we will show you ways to convert PDF to ePUB. Read on to learn more information about these methods.
If you are looking for an all-in-one conversion tool, Calibre is one of the best choices that we are going to show you. Calibre is a software suitable for managing your existing e-books. This tool can easily organize your library, add new books, converting plenty of e-books formats, and more. It is compatible with Windows, Linux, and Apple devices. Now, we are going to show the easy steps on how to use this tool below.
How to Use Calibre
- First, go to Calibre, then click the "Download" button, and follow the installation guide to install the app.
- After installing, run the app, and it will show you its interface. From there, you can add e-books, and convert the ebook format.
- Select the book that you want to turn by clicking the "Add books" button, then click the "Convert books" button to start the conversion.
- Next, you can choose several available formats from the Convert tab. Select “ePUB” to convert your PDF file to ePUB format.
- Then press "OK" to start converting. When the conversion starts, you can check the progress by clicking the "Jobs" button located at the lower rightmost part of the tab. A new window will appear, showing the progress of conversion.
PDFMate Free PDFConverter
The next tool that we are going to show you is the PDFMate Free PDFConverter. This app is also a free tool where you can transform PDF to ePUB and various available formats. You can navigate this tool's interface easily. In fact, you can convert many e-book files at the same time. However, there is a limitation in it, you cannot determine the page's range that you are converting. Still, this tool is considered one of the best options for converting PDF files to ePUB. It has a built-in OCR recognition tool that lets you scan images, and convert it into text documents that you can edit. Here are the steps on how to use the tool.
How to Use PDFMate
- First, you have to download and install the app from PDFMate's Free PDFConverter official site. Just click the "Free Download" button and run the downloaded app. Then, follow the installation wizard for installing.
- After installing, launch the app, and it will show you its interface with a display on how to use the tool. You can add a PDF file by clicking the "Add PDF" button.
- Once you added a PDF file, it will bring you to a new tab. You can see the attached file there, then choose different e-book formats, since we are going to convert PDF to EPUB, select the EPUB format, and start converting by clicking the "Convert" button.
Now, we are going to show you a web-based converter, and it's called Online-Convert. This tool can upload convert multiple PDF files at the same time, or convert it individually. Also, this tool is not only for converting PDF files, but it can also convert images, videos, audios, and documents. It is an all-in-one tool that only requires an internet connection and a web browser. To know more about how to use this tool, keep on reading below.
How to Use Online-Convert
- Visit the Online-Convert website. Then, upload the file by clicking the "Choose files" button. You can select multiple PDF files, or choose individually.
- After uploading the pdf file, simply click the "Start conversion" button. You can also put metadata to your ebook, change the font size, and select a preset for your ebook reader so your text will be enhanced.
- Once you customized the settings. Press the "Start conversion" button, and it will start converting. Once the conversion is done, it will automatically show you a new window from where you can save the converted file.
- You can also manually download the EPUB file by clicking the "Download" button.
ToEpub is a free PDF to ePUB converter online where you can convert PDF files to EPUB format, MOBI, AZW3, and more. You just need an internet connection and a web browser to start the conversion and download it. Moreover, you can upload and convert 20 PDF files at the same time. Also, this tool can be navigated easily because of its simple interface. First-timer users can even convert PDF format effortlessly. Keep on reading below to see the steps on how to use this tool.
How to Use ToEpub
- First, visit the To ePUb website. Then, you can choose different file formats of e-books within the site. Since we are converting PDF files to ePUB, just click the "EPUB" format and hit the "UPLOAD FILES" button.
- Also, you can choose up to 20 PDF files to download all at the same time or select one file at a time to conserve your internet speed. Also, the "Clear Queue" button is used to remove all the uploaded PDF files. It is used when you want to upload, convert, and download different sets of files.
- Lastly, after converting the uploaded sets of PDF files, you can download it by clicking the "Download All" button.
- Then, a window will appear from where you can save the converted files. Then, you can start reading your e-books in ePUB format.
Next way to change PDF to ePUB, is called PDFEPUB. This tool is also a conversion site where you can convert PDF to ePUB without losing format. Like the said tool above, this site can upload and convert up to 20 files simultaneously. Also, this tool supports up to 50MB of files that can be converted and downloaded as a set or individually. Read the steps below to know more about this tool.
How to Use PDFEPUB
- To start converting PDF files to EPUB, visit the website of PDFEPUB and click the "Upload files" button.
- You will see the uploaded files under the said button. Also, the file will be converted once the uploading is done.
- After converting the set of PDF files, you can download them by clicking the "Download All" button.
- Then, it will show you a window as your file location, where you can locate the file, and open it to your ebook reader.
Zamzar is an online file converter that supports major web-browsers like Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome, and Internet Edge. One feature of this online converter is being able to turn PDF into ePUB files easily. Aside from that, it does not require any software installation or account registration. Aside from ePUB, users have various other formats to choose from, like CBC, PRC, and PDB. The only downside of using an online tool like Zamzar is that you will have to upload the PDF file to their website, which is then saved on its library. This means that it is not recommended to use files that contain sensitive and personal information.
- From a web-browser, visit the official website of Zamzar.
- From the home screen, click the "Add files" button and then search for the PDF file that you want to convert from the file explorer window that will appear.
- After that, choose "ePUB" from the format panel.
- Once everything is set, hit the "Convert Now" button to start the conversion process.
- When the conversion process is finished, the file will appear together with the "Download" button. Hit the download button to save the ePUB file on your PC.
The last tool on the list is an Android application called "EPUBator." This is a lightweight application capable of transforming any PDF document into ePUB files, without affecting the clarity of the content. The tool supports Android version 4 and later. The interface of the tool is also one of its selling-point because there are only a few buttons and options that can cause confusion. Aside from that, the app is absolutely free to download from any Android device. Truly a wonderful application to have on your Android device, EPUBator will surely become an indispensable tool for you, To learn how to use this app, follow the steps below.
- Launch the Google Play Store app from your Android device and search for EPUBator.
- Tap the app icon of EPUBator and from the product page, tap the "Install" button and then wait for the app to finish installation.
- After installation, launch the app and the main interface will appear. From there, tap the "Convert PDF" button and search for the PDF that you want to convert.
- Select the PDF file that you want to convert and the conversion process will automatically start.
- To check the converted ePUB file, tap the "Verify PDF" button and then file folder where the document is saved will appear.
There are lots of PDF file converter to use as of today. However, some of those converters might harm your device or requires payment. But within this article, we provided you the best tools that you can use to convert PDF files. Not only to EPUB but also lots of popular e-book formats like MOBI, AZW3, FB2, and more. Some of these tools require installing to your PC, while others can only be used with a web browser. Either way, you can operate all of the said tools safely and smoothly because of its easy-to-use interface, and you can also use them for free.