YouTube is perhaps the most used and well-known video-sharing platform online. The platform allows users to share their videos and watch what others are sharing all over the world. Official YouTube pages also upload official music videos and trailers from famous studios. YouTube is a very convenient way to access entertainment as it can run on any browser and device that supports it. As long as YouTube users have stable Internet access or connection, all the videos in YouTube’s library can be played anytime, anywhere. But what if you cannot install YouTube on Android? Or can you not update the app, which makes it glitchy or unable to run? What can you do? There are many possible reasons why the YouTube problem happens, and here are some solutions you can do.
The Best Method to do When YouTube is not Working
Key Feature: The tool can download YouTube vidoes on Android and play them offline.
Price: $12.95 for the monthly license.
If I cannot install YouTube app Android, the first thing that will come to mind is downloading the videos from YouTube instead. The videos will still be playable without the YouTube app or Internet connection. AceThinker Video Keeper for Android is one of the best downloaders to download YouTube videos. Video Keeper can download and convert videos from over 1000 websites, including YouTube. The tool can also download the videos in MP4, MP3, and M4A formats with varying low to HD quality. Moreover, AceThinker Video Keeper has a built-in browser where you can also open YouTube. So, even if you’re YouTube app is not working, you can use AceThinker Video Keeper instead to browse, play, and download videos. Finally, the videos downloaded using the tool are playable on any media player and transferable on other devices. Indeed, the software is best for users who like to travel and watch videos without stable Internet, aside from those who can’t install YouTube.
Step 1 Download and Install AceThinker Video Keeper
For the first step, download the installer of AceThinker Video Keeper by clicking on the compatible button below. Next, open the downloaded file and install the application on your device. Launch the tool after installation.
Step 2 Select YouTube from the Websites Below
Since you cannot update YouTube on Android or open it, use the built-in browser of AceThinker Video Keeper instead. Below the URL text box, look for the YouTube logo, then tap or click on the logo to open YouTube.
Step 3 Browse for the YouTube Video to Download
Next, you can use the YouTube search bar to browse for videos you want to save and watch offline. Type the keyword of the video on the search bar then hit enter or the magnifying glass to start the search. Tap the download button below to enter download mode after the search results appear.
Step 4 Download the YouTube Video
In the download mode, there are two options to download the YouTube video. You can either tap the lightning button to download the YouTube video using your preset or customize the download by tapping the download drop-down button.
Step 5 Manage Your Downloads
Finally, the videos you are downloading or downloaded can be seen in the Downloading and Downloaded tabs. Tap on the tabs on the left side of the interface to access them and see what videos are in the directory.
Troubleshooting Solutions for YouTube Problem
If you don’t want to download movies on Android using AceThinker Video Keeper, you have these other options. You can try fixing the YouTube problem instead with the list of troubleshooting methods below.
1. Restart the Android Phone
The problem of YouTube not updating on Android can be a glitch and most of the time, they are fixable by a simple reboot of the phone. Before doing any more complicated methods, try restarting your Android first and see if it solves the problem.
- First, press plus hold the power or wake button of the Android phone.
- Wait for the power off or restart button to appear on the screen before letting go of the power button.
- Finally, tap on the Restart button to turn off your Android phone. After a while, your Android phone will automatically wake itself up.
2. Ensure Stable Internet Connection
Another problem when YouTube not updating Play Store is that there is no Internet connection. Updating YouTube requires an Internet connection so you need to ensure that the Android phone is connected to Wi-Fi or mobile data is turned on. You can check them through the Android phone settings.
- First, check to ensure that Wi-Fi or mobile data is turned on by dropping down the notification drawer of the Android phone.
- If they are turned on, check next if the phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network or if the mobile data still have a load balance.
- You can go into the settings to ensure that the Wi-Fi or mobile data is connected and has access to the Internet.
3. Remove the SD Card
If your phone has a stable and good Internet connection and cannot update YouTube on Android, the problem can be with the SD card if your Android phone has one. The SD card can cause problems and complications with your storage. Try removing and re-inserting the device’s SD card.
- First, use the ejection pin to remove your Android phone's SIM and SD card tray.
- Once the SIM card and SD card tray are removed, please wait a few seconds before inserting them again.
- After the Android device rereads the SD card, try installing or updating YouTube to see if the problem is fixed.
4. Clear the Cache
Another solution if the SD card trick doesn’t work is clearing the YouTube app cache. However, this method will delete the downloaded videos on the app and reset YouTube to its original setting and values. It can fix the problem or bug with YouTube not updating on Android, so it’s worth the risk.
- Go to the Android phone settings, then navigate to App Management, where you will scroll to find YouTube. Please tap on the YouTube logo to open its settings.
- Next, tap on the Storage & cache option of the YouTube app to open another sub-setting.
- Finally, tap the trash can button with the Clear cache label to clear the cache of your YouTube application.
5. Update Your Android Phone’s Operating System
If nothing still works, it can be because your Android phone’s operating system is outdated. You cannot update YouTube on Android if your version is incompatible with the updated version of the YouTube application. So, you can try updating your Android operating system first.
- Open your Android phone, then open the phone settings from the application drawer.
- Next, look for the Software Update button by scrolling through the phone Settings. Tap the Software Update button.
- Finally, you can see if the Android Phone is updated to the latest version. If not, you can see the features of the new version. Tap the settings or the download button to update the Android phone to the latest system version.
6. Reinstall the YouTube App
If the problem with YouTube not updating Play Store persists, you can try uninstalling the app instead and just reinstalling it. The glitch could be applicable only to updates and you might get to install the updated version of YouTube if you are reinstalling it and not updating it.
- First, unlock your Android phone, then open the Play Store. Look for the YouTube application.
- Tap on the Uninstall button to remove YouTube from your Android phone.
- After uninstalling, the Install button will replace the option. Tap the Install button to reinstall the YouTube application.
7. Seek Help From a Professional
If nothing else works, it is always recommended to seek help from a professional to avoid further damage to your phone by experimenting with solutions. However, this is only efficient if you have the time to go to a service center or an individual repair shop. Although, they can better find the source of the problem and fix them. Especially if the problem is not with YouTube but with your Android phone and the app is just affected.