The successful video-streaming platform, YouTube, is known for its wide variety of videos since users can share their videos. No matter what kind of entertaining video you are looking for, there is a high chance that YouTube has it for you. But on September 2020, YouTube released its YouTube shorts feature. It is a new category of videos limited to 60 seconds in length, fitting for users who want some short entertainment. However, watching these videos require an internet connection on your device. But if you want to watch them offline, you can use YouTube shorts video downloader for Android to save them offline. When you do this, you can watch the YouTube shorts without advertisements and an internet connection. Here are some valuable downloaders you can use to save these videos.
The Best YouTube Shorts Downloader
Maximum Download Quality: 4K Ultra HD Quality for premium.
Size: 110 MB.
The tool AceThinker Video Keeper is made just for situations like wanting to download YouTube shorts Android. It is a video downloader that can download from over a thousand video streaming and video sharing websites. Moreover, these websites can be browsed by using the built-in browser of the tool to make it more convenient. You can then enter the download mode after finding the YouTube shorts you want by browsing YouTube with the built-in browser. But if you already have the link to the video, you can also paste it to download the YouTube shorts directly. Some download options or formats when using AceThinker Video Keeper are MP4, MP3, and M4A. The downloader has a simplistic design since the developers focused on improving the processing and downloading powers of the tool instead. It can process your URL and download your YouTube short videos in minutes.
Step 1 Download and Install Video Keeper
The first step is to download and install the downloader, AceThinker Video Keeper, first. Hit the download button below to start the download of the installer package. After downloading, open the package to install and launch AceThinker Video Keeper to its main interface.
Step 2 Use the Browser or Paste the URL
The first option is to paste the URL of the YouTube shorts on the empty box at the main interface of the tool. However, if you don’t have the URL yet, you can also use the in-app browser to open YouTube and look for the video you want to download. You can see the URL bar and the YouTube shortcut boxed in the image below.
Step 3 Enter the Downloading Mode
If you chose to paste the URL of the YouTube short, you would see the preview before you can press the download button at the bottom right. This will take you to the download mode. But if you used the in-app browser instead, navigate to the YouTube shorts tab and look for the video you want to download. After that, you can hit the Download button.
Step 4 Download the Video and Move to Android Phone
Finally, you can choose the download quality, format, and subtitle language of your YouTube short download. After selecting the preferred download option, hit the Download button to start saving the video. Once the download is done, you can connect your Android phone to your computer via a USB cable to transfer the downloaded video.
Alternative YouTube Shorts Downloader
Aside from using AceThinker Video Keeper, you can also use other downloaders to download YouTube videos on Android. The following YouTube shorts downloader APK are also good alternatives if you like to have more tools on your list.
1. YouTube Premium
Maximum Download Quality: 1080p in Premium version.
Size: 255 MB.
Next to AceThinker Video Keeper, the best app to download YouTube shorts APK is YouTube. It is inferior to the first tool since the downloaded videos using the YouTube app are not transferable, unlike AceThinker’s. Yet, all the other features of YouTube Premium are good, and the convenience of using the source of the shorts to download them is present. But high-quality downloading requires a subscription to the Premium version of YouTube first. Despite the shorts downloaded through YouTube not being transferable or playable in other media players, they are significantly smaller in size. Users can spare a lot of storage space because you won’t have to download a different downloader, and the downloaded videos do not take a lot.
- Using your Android device, launch the YouTube application from the drawer. Then you can navigate to the YouTube shorts tab and search for the video you want to download from there. Scroll from the results and select the shorts you want.
- After it takes you to the video you want, you can look for the Download or Save button in line with the like, dislike, and share buttons. Tap the Download or Save button to download the short that you want.
- After you Tap the Save or Download button, the quality selection popup will show up on the screen. You can choose your preferred quality of the video, then tap the download button again to save the YouTube short offline.
Maximum Download Quality: 4K Video Quality.
Users can also use the InsTube Android downloader for YouTube shorts download APK. It can download videos from over 100 websites, and YouTube is included, which is why downloading shorts is possible. What’s good about InsTube is that it has a built-in locking tool that can lock your videos and protect them with a password. If you downloaded some YouTube shorts you want to keep from prying eyes, InsTube got you covered. The tool also has its in-app media player to play the downloaded videos but still allows playing the downloads on other media players.
- First, unlock your Android mobile device, then look for the InsTube launcher in your application drawer. Tap on the launcher to open InsTube to its main interface.
- Next, you can either paste the YouTube shorts link on the URL bar at the top of InsTube’s interface. Or you can also tap the YouTube logo in InsTube to open the website on its in-app browser.
- Finally, tap the download button beside your selected video to save the YouTube shorts on your local storage. After the download, you can now watch it offline.
Maximum Download Quality: 480p to 4K Quality.
Size: 25 MB.
The following tool to download YouTube shorts APK is a free tool but maintains its servers through donations. VidMate allows users to download YouTube shorts and videos from other websites for free. However, their tool also has advertisements that can be annoying but are safe. Its strong stand against unlawful and illegal video is that downloading guarantees the tool's security and can help prevent bans from the downloader server and the users. Fortunately, most YouTube shorts are not illegal to download, so users can enjoy the free downloads of VidMate.
- You have to launch the application of Vidmate first to use the tool for downloading YouTube short videos. Tap on the launcher of Vidmate to open the tool.
- Next, scroll and browse the selection of supported websites shown by VidMate in its main interface. Tap the YouTube logo once you find it to browse for YouTube shorts you want to save offline.
- Lastly, you can see the download buttons beside the YouTube shorts vidoes. Tap the download button beside the video you want to start downloading with VidMate.
Maximum Download Quality: Up to the Maximum Quality of the source video.
Size: No storage space required, web-based.
The last YouTube shorts downloader for Android is a web-based tool that requires no application download. You can directly download YouTube short videos from the browser of your mobile phone with this tool. Savefrom.net is an unpaid service website that can download videos from different sites. It has many pop-up ads, but it is manageable, and the website is safe from viruses. The downloaded videos using the tool are also safe to play and do not contain any malicious software. Moreover, you can use Savefrom.net as an extension plugin for your browser to quickly download the YouTube shorts you want from the YouTube website.
- Open your Android phone’s web browser to visit Savefrom.net downloading website. Then, open YouTube on a new tab or open the mobile application of YouTube instead.
- Look for the YouTube shorts you want to save using the Savefrom.net website, then copy its video URL.
- Finally, paste the copied video URL to the website of Savefrom.net and tap the Download button. Wait for the processing of the URL, then tap the new Download button that will appear to start downloading.
Frequently Asked Questions
|Downloaders||Price||Output Formats||Supported Platforms|
|AceThinker Video Keeper||$12.95||MP4, M4A, and MP3||Android, Windows, and Mac|
|YouTube Premium||$11.99||OGG only||Downloads are supported on Android only|
|InsTube||Free but ads are present||MP4 and MP3||Android, Windows, and Mac|
|VidMate||Free but with ads||MP4 and MP3||Android|
|Savefrom.net||Free but with popup and ads||MP4, WEBM, and 3GP||Android, Windows, Mac, and Browsers|