Along with the advancements in technology and the Internet, sources of entertainment have become more accessible. An example is the continuous growth of online streaming services, where users can quickly access videos and music. However, even with the convenience of online streaming, some people may still prefer offline streaming. One factor is that they can’t always have a stable internet connection, so it is more practical for them to play downloaded files. Moreover, packet loss and Internet traffic can ruin the streaming experience due to buffers. Especially when you want to listen to music but don’t have an internet connection, or it is unstable. The best way will be to have a library of downloaded songs on your media player ready. So, here are some solutions to download music to Windows Media Player to save you from such situations.
The Best Software to Download Songs for WMP
Distinct Feature: The tool also has built-in downloads and songs manager.
Price: Free / $39.95 for a lifetime premium.
One of the best software to download songs to Windows Media Player is using the professional downloader AceThinker Music Keeper. It is a downloadable application that can help users download, manage, play, and browse music from different streaming sites. AceThinker Music Keeper supports downloading songs and music from over a thousand websites. YouTube, Facebook, Vevo, SoundCloud, and Spotify are some of the music-streaming platforms it can support. Moreover, AceThinker Music Keeper is equipped with great features, such as Download Detection, In-app Browser, a Download Manager, and a media player. The tool also supports downloading high-resolution audio, saving them in lossless quality. Finally, the tool works on any device and OS, such as Windows, Android, and Mac. Click the compatible software below to download AceThinker Music Keeper on your device.
Step 1 Enter the Song URL
Launch the application to its main interface after downloading and installing. Using the search bar at the middle of the screen, paste the URL of the song you want to download. After pasting the URL, use the keyboard and press Enter to start the search.
Step 2 Download the Song
After processing the URL, you will see the song you want to download. Hit the Download button to drop the quality and format menu. Choose the quality and format you want to save the song by clicking on the radio buttons. Click the Download button again to start the download.
Step 3 Complete the Download
After the Download starts, you can see the progress in the Downloading tab. Once it is done downloading, the song will be moved to the Downloaded tab. There, you can manage and play your downloaded songs. You can also see the file location by clicking on the 3 dots menu.
Step 4 Play on Windows Media Player
Finally, you can launch Windows Media Player. Open the file location of the downloaded song; then, you can drag the song to WMP to add it in the library. Once the song is added to the music library of WMP, you can now play the song using the media player offline.
Alternative Download Methods for WMP
Aside from the AceThinker Music Keeper method, there are also other ways to download YouTube music to Windows Media Player. Below are some of the best alternative downloaders that you can use. But if you use an Android device, you can also check this free music download app for Android.
Distinct Feature: The downloader gives users different options for the same song from various sources.
Price: Free with ads.
Download music to Windows Media Player from YouTube is also easy with the service-website MP3Juices.cc. The download website is a free online tool that can convert and download online songs and videos into MP3 files. MP3Juices can access YouTube, Dailymotion, SoundCloud, Facebook, and many other streaming sites. Using MP3Juices will not require the users to log in or sign up for a user account, and the number of downloads is unlimited. The online downloader can download songs with the same quality as the original source. Finally, the website of the downloader is free from viruses and harmful software. Follow the steps below to download songs using MP3Juices.
- First, launch the MP3Juices website by clicking on the link above. After that, you can open YouTube to search for the song you want to download. Then, copy the URL and paste it back into the website.
- Next, you will click the magnifying glass beside the search bar or click Enter on your keyboard to start the download. Wait for a few minutes for the download to finish. It will appear at the bottom of your browser.
- Finally, you can open the file or view its file location. After seeing the file location, you can drag it to Windows Media Player to add it to the library.
Distinct Feature: Enables cropping, renaming, and editing of files before downloading.
Price: Free but with a lot of ads.
ListenVid is another online downloading website users can download music to Windows Media Player. The website downloader is compatible and optimized on all browsers and devices. Although the interface could be more appealing and confusing, it is an effective downloader. ListenVid can convert and download songs into MP3, M4A, and AAC audio file formats. Moreover, users can choose from 128 kbps, 256 kbps, and 320 kbps audio bitrate quality for their downloads. The website also has much information about the websites supported, the steps to download songs, and the supported formats and conversions. No harmful viruses are also infecting the download website.
- Open your browser on your device, then visit the ListenVid website to download your song. Open another tab to visit the website you want to browse for the song you want. Browse for your desired song on the streaming website.
- After finding your song, you will copy the URL address of the song. Go back to the ListenVid tab, then paste the copied URL on the search bar. Click the search or press the Enter button on your keyboard to start the download.
- You can see the progress of your download at the bottom part of your browser. Once the download is complete, you can move it to the Windows Media Player library and play the song offline.
Distinct Feature: The site is available in various languages, such as Italian, English, and Spanish, and more.
Price: Free with a lot of ads.
Another online music downloader that can download songs from various sites is the following tool, 2conv. 2conv is free to use and doesn't require registration to function. YouTube is the primary music source that the online program can support. You can use the internet tool's free, limitless download by downloading the numerous music videos available on YouTube. 2conv is one of the quickest online converters accessible, in addition to being a downloader. However, the utility supports only a few formats, and MP3 is only for audio. Users only have to paste the copied video URL into 2conv to download their favorite songs.
- Launch your computer browser, then open a tab to visit the 2conv website. Then, open another browser to visit the music streaming site you want to get your song from. Find the song you want to download and copy the URL.
- After that, go back to the 2conv download website tab. You will paste the copied music URL in the search bar of 2conv. Then, hit the convert button and then the download button after the conversion.
- Finally, your download will start, and it will appear in the download bar at the bottom of your screen. Once the download is finished, you can use Windows Media Player to open the file and play it.
Distinct Feature: Can download faster with the bookmarking feature.
Price: Free but with ads.
With the web resource Ymp4, it is also possible to download songs and music. Although the downloader is for videos, it can also convert and download into MP3. Ymp4 offers various quality resolutions and facilitates downloading in audio and video formats. Users can download audio with 128 kbps, 256 kbps, and 3200 kbps bitrates using Ymp4. Users can also download directly from YouTube using the tool's bookmark feature by adding the page to their favorites. When users click the website from the bookmark, it will open with the YouTube song they want to download link already in the search bar. You can then download the music you want without copying the URL.
- To download the songs you want using the bookmark feature of the website, open the Ymp4 website on your browser. Then, click the star or bookmark button to save the website on your bookmarks.
- Next, you will open YouTube on a new tab. Search for the song you want to download and click it. Once you are on the preview page of the song, click the Ymp4 website on your bookmark list.
- The website will open with the URL link of the song already in the search bar. You can now click the convert and download button to save the song you want into Windows Media Player.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many methods to download YouTube music to Windows Media Player. But one of the best ways is using AceThinker Music Keeper due to the extra features of the application. Moreover, it is more reliable and stable to download files using software than a browser tool.